• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm seeing a whole lot of "the right" and "the GOP" being said here, but nothing about a thread with a bunch of people who declare themselves leftists, and leftists on twitter falling for this and spreading it as if it was true.

"BelieveWomen" has been morphed and twisted into something it was never intended to be, a litmus test where if you don't immediately believe every detail and declare the accused guilty, you are an enabler, a woman hater, and someone who doesn't care about victims. BelieveWomen is about taking accusations seriously, not ignoring them, and properly investigating them. This has been completely lost among many, and enabled here.
I wouldn't say this point was lost. This was something multiple people brought up in the first month of metoo and a bunch of people here preferred to staunchly believe any accusation because it was that important to emphasize how much their abuses were being downplayed for generations.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
a better world that involves ceding any and all power to the right, because of your eager willingness to do their work for them?

they thank you.
In what world do you equate the actions of the left to be at all similar to the actions of the right? I'll tell you right now nobody on the left would be citing Kavanaugh as a means to defend their boy wonder.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a better world that involves ceding any and all power to the right, because of your eager willingness to do their work for them?

they thank you.
It's a bummer things gotta be like this. We could be so successful together; star crossed lovers building a path to a world with medicare for all and fixing the homelessness crisis while paying people properly for their labor and doing away with billionaires and their power over the world. Oh well...

EDIT: Sorry I shouldn't be a jerk, I'm just frustrated. But I am serious. I really wish things weren't like this. This arguing back and forth about everything is an absolute drag. I honestly hope we can come together at some point in the future but we all might be too stubborn for it.

Last edited:

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer things gotta be like this. We could be so successful together; star crossed lovers building a path to a world with medicare for all and fixing the homelessness crisis while paying people properly for their labor and doing away with billionaires and their power over the world. Oh well...

uh huh.

Oct 25, 2017
To the point, this doesn't somehow absolve Biden's behaviour towards women and children. The fact that is was incredibly believable says a lot on its own. Unless you believe Reade's allegation is also false?

Shh. Don't you know that not adopting the exact platform of the most left primary candidate is moving rightward?
Lol, this isn't the own you think it is.

lmao thats complete ahistorical bullshit you know.

now let me spend all of my internet time shitting on democrats far more than the fascist right inches away from having abject power in the supreme court and many other courts.

both sides you know... but these fucking useless democrats are the absolute worst i swear. DNC! PELOSI!

Lol, you could just quote me. Criticising the dems isn't helping the right gain power no matter how much liberals want to believe it. But go off.
Holding people accountable for their actions is the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Listen I'm sorry, I don't want to derail, can we get back to the guy that has a history of using power dynamics into making women feel uncomfortable. Lets get back on track guys.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
In the world, where you have leftists sharing alt right links and edited videos. That world.

now let me spend all of my internet time shitting on democrats far more than the fascist right inches away from having abject power in the supreme court and many other courts.

both sides you know... but these fucking useless democrats are the absolute worst i swear. DNC! PELOSI!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

they thank you.

In what world is the right empowered from posts in an internet gaming forum? Like, real talk, if every "neverBiden" on this website actively voted for Trump, it would not form a single blip on the scale. That's how uninfluential this site is. And that's assuming those people don't change their minds come November. A good chunk of people you seem to deem leftists probably will vote Biden.

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean other than the organizer looking through the files that show which invitees were actually present.
You are arguing in bad faith and this is going to be my last response.
What file are we talking about? Are they just personal notes they wrote down themselves? In that case no, that's not evidence.

I'll make it easier for you: short a video corroborating what they say (that is that they went on stage and said they were sorry Biden couldn't be there), or a number of people coming forward and saying they did not meet Biden, I'm not going to dismiss the accusation in my mind

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

now let me spend all of my internet time shitting on democrats far more than the fascist inches away from having abject power in the supreme court and many other courts.

You're not being entirely fair. Consider that a lot of leftists spend time attacking democrats because democrats are their closer allies and it's already assumed that republicans are horrible, moreover there's pretty much no republicans here (that talk politics anyway) so conversations will naturally gravitate towards the positions that are held on this forum. It's completely normal.

For what it's worth this Murry accusations has absolutely zero bearing on what Biden did to Reade, and one of the reasons people were so quick to believe it, even though it might be a lie, is that Biden is a known creep and that's pretty much impossible to dispute.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully a more properly written article is published tomorrow.

It's a shame that Twitter thread was poorly written and subsequently deleted.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
This changes nothing. The videos and gifs we have of Biden in action are worse than these allegations.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

What makes you think this is even about that? Bernie endorsed Biden he fucking sucks. I'm far more interested in upholding the idea of believing people that come forward with claims of sexual assault than continuing any kind of political posting wars you think I'm participating in with you.

Oct 25, 2017
So now we have Leftists working for the Right(lmfao) with this and the Reade allegation is a Russian opp.
What's next?

I know right. All the GOP has to do is sit back and let the "left" do their work for them. IT's only gonna get worse because certain people are still angry that their candidate didn't win.
That is not how this works.

This changes nothing. The videos and gifs we have of Biden in action are worse than these allegations.
Apparently it does, those videos and gifs were fake, don'tcha know? Biden is completely absolved./s

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Because the reporter was getting absolutely destroyed by other reporters for effectively, 'burying the lede'

She ran with the falsehood with two long tweets, before the 3rd tweet, which exonerated Biden.

Official definition:
Because it was worded poorly. It was basically:

"On the heels of one sexual harassment accusation, Biden is now accused of sexually harassing a 14-year old by telling her she has 'nice boobs.'"

- 5 tweets later -

"...which we have proved false."

People called them out on it so they deleted it. They'll probably try again later.
Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks. Hopefully we will get a full article today.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
In what world is the right empowered from posts in an internet gaming forum? Like, real talk, if every "neverBiden" on this website actively voted for Trump, it would not form a single blip on the scale. That's how uninfluential this site is. And that's assuming those people don't change their minds come November. A good chunk of people you seem to deem leftists probably will vote Biden.

its called poisoning the well, and of course im talking about something bigger than this website.

Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Leftist social media is toxic as shit, filled with its fairshare of privlidged grifters (who influence) who couldnt actually give a shit if it all burned.

again, the right thanks you. Again.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Please provide, will full context (not a 2 second clip), a video showing Biden unquestionably doing something worse than saying sexual things about a 14 year old girl to her face.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its called poisoning the well, and of course im talking about something bigger than this website.

Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Leftist social media is toxic as shit, filled with its fairshare of privlidged grifters (who influence) who couldnt actually give a shit if it all burned.

You know that would be something if I didn't really use twitter, facebook, or social media sites. And why the fuck are you 'thanking' me? Am I helping the right because...well because what? How am I helping the right?

Oct 25, 2017
Please provide, will full context (not a 2 second clip), a video showing Biden unquestionably doing something worse than saying sexual things about a 14 year old girl to her face.
Lowering the bar to make the footage seem better in comparison doesn't really help Biden.
Nothing about those clips are acceptable, so I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

Superficial analysis, I thought terminally online leftists lived in a bubble.

The right don't gain influence because a few online leftists roasted some libs on Twitter, they have gained influence in the states because dems have capitulated.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
What file are we talking about? Are they just personal notes they wrote down themselves? In that case no, that's not evidence.

I'll make it easier for you: short a video corroborating what they say (that is that they went on stage and said they were sorry Biden couldn't be there), or a number of people coming forward and saying they did not meet Biden, I'm not going to dismiss the accusation in my mind

1) hosts keep track of who attends their dinner. Those files would be kept.
2) this Politico article(https://www.politico.com/story/2008/03/bush-brings-down-the-house-at-gridiron-club-008921) from 2008 does not mention Biden being at the gridiron club dinner that year. If he was there, it would have definitely been noted since he was a presidential candidate that year.

if you're well-informed, you'd also know this event notoriously does not allow video footage.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Going to get a lot of false accusations about Biden. Not saying some are not true but A LOT of stuff is going to be made up by the right wing wackos.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
What makes you think this is even about that? Bernie endorsed Biden he fucking sucks. I'm far more interested in upholding the idea of believing people that come forward with claims of sexual assault than continuing any kind of political posting wars you think I'm participating in with you.

bernie endorsing biden is irrevelent to how leftists social media behaves.

These types are more interested in bringing down the dnc, pelosi, biden, etc... than they are trump. It should be all hands on deck and not lets peddle suspect bullshit before any real reporting is done like you might also see on right wing platforms.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif
creepy-biden-gif-4.gif
EveryPessimisticIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif
6My50Dv.jpg
uy6633n5ihl11.gif

Nothing can make this acceptable.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

You have a weird standard for evidence: you want someone to proof they weren't at an event by showing a 2008 video of someone at the event acknowledging they are not there, for which they would have no reason to do so.

Oct 25, 2017

These types are more interested in bringing down the dnc, pelosi, biden, etc... than they are trump. It should be all hands on deck and not lets peddle suspect bullshit before any real reporting is done like you might also see on right wing platforms.
Keep punching left, lol. Holding them accountable for enabling men like Trump to gain power doesn't make one Trump-like.

Deleted member 932

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a weird standard for evidence: you want someone to proof they weren't at an event by showing a video of someone at the event acknowledging they are not there, for which they would have no reason to do so.
Because that's what the organizer is saying. He says Biden couldn't be there because, in fact, he acknowledged his absence during the spoof video presentation.

Mine was merely an example of what would constitute "evidence" to me.

edit: reread the OP. What he says he's that, had Biden been there, he would have aknowledged him. I misunderstood. But as I noticedm I was just giving an example. The fact of the matter remains that the title of the thread does not reflect my conviction, and I believe it's innacurate. Nothing has been shown conclusively, and people are latching onto these statements for the sake of brushing off Biden's problems.

With that said, I'm not excluding the possibility that conclusive evidence against the allegation may surface anyway. But the statements in the twitter thread, and everything else mentioned in there, is not enough for me, for the reasons I have already explained.

Last edited:

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

So are you saying all of the leftists on Era want to reelect trump or something? You realize that most leftists are frustrated about the fact that democrats continually bend over backwards to meet the demands of the right and then continue to punch left along with them while doing so? You are aware you endorse and back the center-right party, yes?

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would like you to provide evidence of the claim that "The videos and gifs we have of Biden in action are worse than these allegations. ".
But what is evidence enough for you? Would you let Biden touch your daughter any way he touches those females in those gifs or videos? Your mother?

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
So are you saying all of the leftists on Era want to reelect trump or something? You realize that most leftists are frustrated about the fact that democrats continually bend over backwards to meet the demands of the right and then continue to punch left along with them while doing so? You are aware you endorse and back the center-right party, yes?

it's pretty clear what i'm saying. Certain leftists spend as much time, if not MORE, attacking democrats than they do the right, Trump (how many accusations does he have again? meh).

You don't actually hold the moral high ground when your actions do nothing more than poison the well, to muddy the waters and give validity to attacks from the right or to influence people to maybe just not bother. If we don't win this election, we're seriously fucked, so perhaps we should direct our energy in a direction that might actually do SOME (any?) good on a large scale. But I guess acting as if the democrats are just as bad is worth losing the courts for a generation.

I expect this from the "both sides suck, im voting green" grifters on youtube, but it shouldnt even be a question about how unhelpful that crap is. So left that you don't even care if any progress gets made... got it.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you really want to get the left back on board then rally against Biden and demand a better candidate. You won't be able to get EVERYONE back on board, because yeah, we're pretty pissed at how the establishment and the power structure dunked on Bernie and our movement, but you'd get my vote back and I'm sure many others. I'm not going to vote for a fucking rapist and I will keep reminding everyone he's a creep because he disgusts me.

If you don't like where we're at right now, then fucking do something about it.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Now it's 'all hands on deck'. Before that the left-wing were called the Nazi's swarming over France. Convenient. Instead of demanding obedience maybe the Democrats should stop trying to take a shit on the people at every turn if they want their votes.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To the point, this doesn't somehow absolve Biden's behaviour towards women and children. The fact that is was incredibly believable says a lot on its own. Unless you believe Reade's allegation is also false?

Lol, this isn't the own you think it is.

Lol, you could just quote me. Criticising the dems isn't helping the right gain power no matter how much liberals want to believe it. But go off.
Holding people accountable for their actions is the right thing to do.
It says more about you that you found this believable.

Oct 25, 2017
Now it's 'all hands on deck'. Before that the left-wing were the Nazi's swarming over France. Convenient. Instead of demanding obedience maybe the Democratic party should stop trying to take a shit on the people at every turn if they want their votes.
Thank you. Liberals expecting obedience when it's convenient for them yet have no recollection of how leftists were treated prior to that is some top-shelf shit.
Now leftists are 'grifters' trying to poison the well, haha

It says more about you that you found this believable.
Are you sure about that? Can you elaborate what it says about me?
I'd love to know. We are talking about Biden, right?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The guy who "broke" this story wrote this https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...ed-oligarch-who-supports-trump-and-mcconnell/
This shouldn't have been taken seriously in the first place

But this article is well sourced and ostensibly true (you can click through to the FEC filings)?

Weird take in a thread about jumping to conclusions re: stories people want to be true.

A story as easily shredded as the one in the OP should obviously have been vetted before anyone shared it.