• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so self obsessed that everything has to be stated through fucking tweets?

Reporting on something? Just write a fucking news report about it.
I think that laws and order guy on that website did and then others picked up on it, maybe that guy was looking for a scoop, wrote about it and then other journalists thought that they already did the work and then just spread it

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to be reading disorganized twitter threads from these supposed journalists.

You....will probably have to avoid any political thread for the next 6 months or so, then.

....Hopefully whatever is going on with all the deleted tweets resurfaces soon, right now it's not (perfectly) clear on whether the repudiation was false, or whether or not the tweeter in question was(is?) just re-organizing them into a better story/tweet thread.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
I think that laws and order guy on that website did and then others picked up on it, maybe that guy was looking for a scoop, wrote about it and then other journalists thought that they already did the work and then just spread it
I was referring to the journalist in the OP. But yeah, if the reporter on the blog website got it wrong, that is awful as well. I don't consider what the Dan Abrams sites' do as journalism anyway.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
So the information overload campaign cycle begins. So much information, half-truths, fabricated news, mixed in with the plausible until no one knows whats real anymore and it's hard to stay truly informed.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Right wing fanatics are gonna shower him with accusation just like this and worse. This's just the beginning.

TXULJ

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Trolling; Prior Severe Bans for the Same
Believe all women

Mod Edit: Post reverted

Last edited by a moderator:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
You....will probably have to avoid any political thread for the next 6 months or so, then.

....Hopefully whatever is going on with all the deleted tweets resurfaces soon, right now it's not (perfectly) clear on whether the repudiation was false, or whether or not the tweeter in question was(is?) just re-organizing them into a better story/tweet thread.

the repudiation is true. Theres a scan of an article at the time this supposedly happened showing Biden was bed ridden / recovering from surgery.

you can tell it's true cause Katie Halper was signal boosting the law and crime article earlier but has since deleted.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
That original thread was disgraceful especially considering the unvetted source. I get that tensions are high given the topic, but everyone's got to do a better job keeping the outrage in check from a headline and some gossip. Too many folks want this stuff to be true and it primes them to be conduits for fake news.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't even THERE? Yikes.

www.resetera.com

Woman Claims Joe Biden Sexually Harassed Her When She Was 14 Years Old by Complimenting Her Breasts UPDATE: Biden was not at event.

This is what kills me the most. People pretending like an entire political party didn't cosign all of Trump's horseshit almost in lockstep when they had a chance to get rid of him earlier this year. GOP is basically a terrorist organization yet people want to continue pretending otherwise.

This is the reason to investigate these claims for facts. Not calling you out specifically, just recognized the avatar from the previous thread.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeaaaah, I thought I heard of this before years ago but didn't look at where it was coming from and coming from Christine O'Donnell should have been a red flag as should anything from Republicans at this point.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
That's not even what was originally claimed

People were CERTAINLY using the '14 year old' part of the story to make that assignation, though.

the repudiation is true. Theres a scan of an article at the time this supposedly happened showing Biden was bed ridden / recovering from surgery.

Ah, yeah, good point.

The information age is frightening.

Honestly, it's not the 'information' age, it's the 'social' media (that gets spread like wildfire and treatred as verified information WAY too often)' and/or 'I have an axe to grind' media.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
www.resetera.com

Woman Claims Joe Biden Sexually Harassed Her When She Was 14 Years Old by Complimenting Her Breasts UPDATE: Biden was not at event.

This is what kills me the most. People pretending like an entire political party didn't cosign all of Trump's horseshit almost in lockstep when they had a chance to get rid of him earlier this year. GOP is basically a terrorist organization yet people want to continue pretending otherwise.

This is the reason to investigate these claims for facts. Not calling you out specifically, just recognized the avatar from the previous thread.

LOL, how are you not calling me out? You linked to my post in the previous thread.

Yes, I was wrong. But still yes: I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, because yes...Biden is still a creep.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Right wing fanatics are gonna shower him with accusation just like this and worse. This's just the beginning.

The Right has weaponized false allegations. This is their goddamn dream, and it's a fucking nightmare for actual victims and people who care about victims.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's scary to see how low the GOP will go to smear anyone. I had a feeling this particular accusation was false but I didn't want to risk a ban by speaking up. Prepare for more of this in the future.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
It's scary to see how low the GOP will go to smear anyone. I had a feeling this particular accusation was false but I didn't want to risk a ban by speaking up. Prepare for more of this in the future.

not just the GOP. A lot of the Chapo Trap House / leftist twitter sphere signal boosted it without even trying to vet.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, how are you not calling me out? You linked to my post in the previous thread.

Yes, I was wrong. But still yes: I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, because yes...Biden is still a creep.

I intentionally linked your post as an example of the risk of jumping to "truths" without facts. Had a reporter not done some elementary level research, you would have believed this accusation as true.

Every accusation deserves investigating. The more facts we know, the better.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, major concern for both victims getting more ridiculing because of this shit and Biden....like this goes beyond anything so far. Republicans have literally zero shame or care at all.

Apr 25, 2020
Claw social media out of your lives. Drop Facebook and Twitter like a bad cold. It is like a Tick injecting poison into the world.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
let's not pretend it's just right wing fanatics who are going to be spreading misinformation

there are plenty of people on the left who will signal boost any dubious anti-Biden story they come across because they want a different candidate as the nominee

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It was blatantly obvious that the source was questionable but people jumped all over it as if it were fact.

We need to be better than that. Breathe. Wait for additional sources.
Ya... they say the aunt was there when she met Biden, but then basically never mention the aunt again or report on any kind of follow up with her to see if she confirmed it.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Don't worry, next week the Russian troll farms will plant more stories, by election night, Fox News/Facebook warriors will have Biden a serial killer.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I intentionally linked your post as an example of the risk of jumping to "truths" without facts. Had a reporter not done some elementary level research, you would have believed this accusation as true.

Every accusation deserves investigating. The more facts we know, the better.

True, but was Biden supposed to receive the benefit of the doubt here? I believed it (as did most) because he has behaved like this in the past. It would be an entirely different story if 1) he wasn't already on video feeling up young girls, or 2) this was an accusation about someone else.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was odd that the site reporting was linking to apparent Facebook posts, yet the links themselves were dead. Were there actually even any Facebook posts from this person?

Also this is really sad for Tara Reade.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
True, but was Biden supposed to receive the benefit of the doubt here? I believed it (as did most) because he has behaved like this in the past. It would be an entirely different story if 1) he wasn't already on video feeling up young girls, or 2) this was an accusation about someone else.
Well you've clearly learned a lesson. Carry on.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It was blatantly obvious that the source was questionable but people jumped all over it as if it were fact.

We need to be better than that. Breathe. Wait for additional sources.

People will jump on whatever site confirms their bias, we saw it with all of those 'concerned' people posting those edited clips from right wing sources about Biden

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's because of examples like this:

which make these allegations worthy of attention, is the thing. Right? Like, Biden is on tape doing so much creepy shit that it's hard to distinguish what he has and hasn't done.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Reasons or not, this is an area fraught with great potential pitfalls and it behooves everyone not to jump to conclusions. Confirmation bias is real.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Eh my original post isn't worth the ban here but I just want to say I can't stand the people here who live through confirmation bias whenever any news comes out that supports whatever they believe. The mob mentality here is real.

Now let's get Trump out of office.

Nah let's go with that original post.

You can believe woman, you can believe victims of sexual violence.

What that means is when an allegation is made, you believe it and want to be investigated and confirmed.

Look at Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein and you can see the value of believing an accuser.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Didn't two of her friends say her story was true?
twitter.com

Nicole Alexander Fisher on Twitter

“My classmate, Eva, has just come forward with her story about an inappropriate exchange with Joe Biden when she was fourteen. This has been incredibly hard for her to do. I commend her for her bravery, and for helping other women potentially come forward. https://t.co/0VAnXNBjXl”

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think Resetera would be better than Twitter in this scenario but im not surprised. This place has such a hate on for Biden that they will allow any bullshit story to spread even if it comes from right wing trash. Mods keep allowing the hate for certain people to spread.

Good Job Badman, I wonder whick fake story you're gonna post next. I definitely remember you.