• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Former Sony executive Michael Denny has been appointed vice president and head of studio at TT Games.

Previously Denny oversaw internal studios such as Guerilla Games, Media Molecule and Sony's London Studio as senior vice president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe; he also oversaw external developers working on exclusive third-party titles.

Now, after 25 years with Sony, Denny will take over strategy, execution and business operations of TT Games and its portfolio of titles, including the Lego franchise.

www.gamesindustry.biz

European studio boss Michael Denny leaves Sony after 25 years

Former Sony executive Michael Denny has been appointed vice president and head of studio at TT Games. Previously Denny …

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Another one leaves it seems. Any news of who will be replacing him? I'm not a fan of this new set of executives leading the way for Sony.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Another one leaves it seems. Any news of who will be replacing him? I'm not a fan of this new set of executives leading the way for Sony.
We hear this everytime someone leaves. When PS4 launched and a bunch of old timers left everyone was like I don't like these new people and eventually everyone got used to them.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I had never seen this man's name until this thread, but I am of course very concerned

giphy.gif

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Michael Denny along with Shuhei are the guys who gave green light to Media Molecule's Dreams.

👍👃♥️

Unfortunate to see him leaving, but good luck to him.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
This seems a bit of a 'get' for Warner's game division, I wonder this means for TT Games moving forward?

There had been loads of talk about AT&T putting serious money into WB Games, I wonder if this is a sign that they are looking to increase the studio's output?

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
He was at the PlayStation Meeting where the PS4 was announced in 2013. Not sure if I've seen him in other conferences though.

Diablo Rosso

Apr 18, 2018
I wonder if he was overlooked for replacing Shu and Hermen got it, who was technically under him, was now his boss?

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shift of power with Jim at the wheel. We will see how it plays out when PS5 is launched and Jim finds himself in a situation he didnt expect.

The guy has just such bad vibe all over him. Realy dislike him and I dont even know why. Its just a feeling you have when you see someone and you know he is a jerk or not a pleasent person.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
You got a binder full of Sony exec trading cards, breh?

Where can I get one ?

Shift of power with Jim at the wheel. We will see how it plays out when PS5 is launched and Jim finds himself in a situation he didnt expect.

The guy has just such bad vibe all over him. Realy dislike him and I dont even know why. Its just a feeling you have when you see someone and you know he is a jerk or not a pleasent person.

lmfao

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
After the problem with Manchester Studio and other closures maybe it's a good thing

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

You dorks do realise that Michael Denny, head of WWS Europe, would've worked with Jim Ryan, former head of SIEE, for years, right?

Anyway, with Herman Hulst leapfrogging over Denny and Scott Rohde (head of WWS America), this doesn't come as a huge surprise to me. I'm pretty sure he's been head of WWS Europe for over a decade at this point and with the top job taken by someone else, I'm guessing he decided to start looking for something new. He's done a great job with WWS, so this is a good get for TT/WB.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did RisingStar explain what new set of sony execs he was talking about. The people want to know.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You dorks do realise that Michael Denny, head of WWS Europe, would've worked with Jim Ryan, former head of SIEE, for years, right?

Anyway, with Herman Hulst leapfrogging over Denny and Scott Rohde (head of WWS America), this doesn't come as a huge surprise to me. I'm pretty sure he's been head of WWS Europe for over a decade at this point and with the top job taken by someone else, I'm guessing he decided to start looking for something new. He's done a great job with WWS, so this is a good get for TT/WB.
I would appreciate if you dont start calling names! This time I wont report you but next time your on. Its just a feeling Im having and I as a lifetime PS fan I cant say Jim is doing a fantastic job with PS5.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I would appreciate if you dont start calling names! This time I wont report you but next time your on. Its just a feeling Im having and I as a lifetime PS fan I cant say Jim is doing a fantastic job with PS5.
It's a ridiculous feeling. You know nothing about this person really and you're on about bad vibes and him possibly being a jerk. Spare us this type of silliness.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a ridiculous feeling. You know nothing about this person really and you're on about bad vibes and him possibly being a jerk. Spare us this type of silliness.
Maybe you r right and I was to harsh. But I stand by my point that he is doing a poor job so far with PS5 (thats my opinion)