• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
giphy.gif

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
"The government has been aware of it since October"!!?! What the fuck is wrong with UK govt. insanely irresponsible.

That just feels like the government trying to use this new strain to blame on the higher numbers we have had...

Also if it was from October why are other countries closing borders? As will be Europe by now.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If this shit continues, I'm moving to the Asia-Pacific region. I'm so fucking tired of the West and its inability to control Covid's spread.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
With the new strain being 70% more infectious, and you add that on top of the holiday travel......

Not looking good.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
Except actual experts and scientists told them to lock down more than they had because this was a bad strain and they ignored it, so the idea that somehow they didn't know it would be so bad is fucking bullshit. They were told, this is the same shit they pulled when covid hit the UK early, just it isn't that bad and push for letting everyone catch it and be done and then suddenly they realised it was fucking bad and acted like they had no idea. The tories are evil fucks and don't deserve any benefit of the doubt from anyone.

I'm not sure it's that simple, although I would certainly be interested in sources that say otherwise.

Experts wanted the government to act because infection rates were so high, but that was not necessarily because they knew that the rates were so high on account of the new strain of the virus. In any case, the Tories certainly ignored that advice.

IIRC, observers in the Netherlands are also curious as to the exact cause of the explosion of cases in the UK, as they've noted the virus there but without the same exponential growth (yet).

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
New variant 'likely to become dominant global strain'
The new variant of coronavirus found in the UK is likely to become the dominant global strain, a scientist advising the government has said.

We will rule again!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Who could have ever predicted that a virus left rampant to replicate itself on millions of hosts would follow basic evolution and eventually produce a more contagious (and therefore evolutionary fit) strain.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck i cant do this for another year, this year pushed me to a really dark place, i cant do This again