• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Yall Europeans need to toughen up. Summers here in the US are routinely 95-110F+. Mid 80's would be perfection. lol

Obviously I get it all comes down to what you're used to, but complaining about "boiling" at 80* is silly.

Telling people who are used to a certain type of weather to "toughen up" due to climate change is kinda dickish behavior.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
You took my post way too seriously. But if me poking fun at people claiming to be "boiling" in anything over the 70's is gatekeeping to you, then whatever. lol

Yeah, try 90s. The heat makes me dizzy, gives me a headache, and I just generally feel uncomfortable all day and night. But lol or whatever.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Telling people who are used to a certain type of weather to "toughen up" due to climate change is kinda dickish behavior.
Well if it's due to climate change, then they really better toughen up. 80 degrees isn't hot, much less boiling. Period.

I was just joking with my original post, but given the reactions, it seems my joke was dead on. lol

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bought an air cooler weeks ago for cheap in preparation of this.

Dealing with 30+ with just an open window and a tiny ventilator sucked ass last year.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Yall Europeans need to toughen up. Summers here in the US are routinely 95-110F+. Mid 80's would be perfection. lol

Obviously I get it all comes down to what you're used to, but complaining about "boiling" at 80* is silly.
At least use centigrade if you're going to mock us lol

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tell me if it does anything. Apparently they all suck more or less lol
So far it feels like it does a better job! Getting a breeze of cool air is an improvement over just blowing the warm room temperature in my face after all, lol
Gotta refill with water every now and then and switch the cooling element with the other you keep in the freezer, but it's little trouble.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So far it feels like it does a better job! Getting a breeze of cool air is an improvement over just blowing the warm room temperature in my face after all, lol
Gotta refill with water every now and then and switch the cooling element with the other you keep in the freezer, but it's little trouble.
I guess even if it doesn't lower the room temperature much, a cold stream is at least something lol

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
People keep saying they're not use to such unbearable 30°c heat yet it's 30° summer after summer. So, how are people not acclimatized to such hellish heat? If the temps are over 35 then yeah I agree it's getting hot.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
I managed to convince my German girlfriend to let me buy a 60 euro fan for the aoartment. Maybe next summer I'll try AC.

All these Germans act like if you dare have moving air while they sleep it will make them sick and it's so annoying.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
People keep saying they're not use to such unbearable 30°c heat yet it's 30° summer after summer. So, how are people not acclimatized to such hellish heat? If the temps are over 35 then yeah I agree it's getting hot.

Historically, 38.5C is the highest temperature ever recorded in England. The average maximum temperature for all of England is 20.1C. 30C is extremely hot and very rare by British climatic standards. Our buildings aren't designed for it. In the 2003 heatwave the road surface of the M25 orbital motorway melted.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Historically, 38.5C is the highest temperature ever recorded in England. The average maximum temperature for all of England is 20.1C. 30C is extremely hot and very rare by British climatic standards. Our buildings aren't designed for it. In the 2003 heatwave the road surface of the M25 orbital motorway melted.

So it's not 30° every summer in England?

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Having a hard time sleeping. My apartment has sun on it the whole day and my indoor temp is 30°C 😓

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, here in the SoCal we're in the middle of then wonderful June Gloom. Gonna enjoy the most of it because once it ends we're looking at 90-100F (32-37C) weather on a daily basis...

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
You got me, I'm lying about my AC use and I actually think 80 is boiling. Dang.

I'm not lying, I definitely want all of my windows open and I'm also hoping for a through draught whenever the temperature rises as high as 25C (77F) here. Maybe it's something to do with the humidity, but it's also about how our houses are designed to retain heat rather than disperse it.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm not lying, I definitely want all of my windows open and I'm also hoping for a through draught whenever the temperature rises as high as 25C (77F) here. Maybe it's something to do with the humidity, but it's also about how our houses are designed to retain heat rather than disperse it.
Well at 77 I want all my windows open also as that's perfect weather. lol

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Well at 77 I want all my windows open also as that's perfect weather. lol

Honestly our weather is much more comfortable at around 18C (64F). You can walk around in shirtsleeves. 25C and sunny is cover-up weather, sizzling in a pool of sun block and sweat. It's where we have sleepless nights because the house hasn't cooled down.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Just went out for an hour with my dog, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It rained the whole time.

Not remotely mad.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Can we please the fuck not?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Honestly our weather is much more comfortable at around 18C (64F). You can walk around in shirtsleeves. 25C and sunny is cover-up weather, sizzling in a pool of sun block and sweat. It's where we have sleepless nights because the house hasn't cooled down.

I generally try not to mock Europeans that can't handle warm weather because of this. At 18ºC I'm wearing a sweatshirt and long pants. In fact during the winter I have the heat in my house set to come on before it gets as cold as 64ºF/18ºC.

25ºC/77ºF is what I currently have my AC set to, and its the current temperature of the room I'm in. I'm also wearing a long sleeve shirt and long pants.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I generally try not to mock Europeans that can't handle warm weather because of this. At 18ºC I'm wearing a sweatshirt and long pants. In fact during the winter I have the heat in my house set to come on before it gets as cold as 64ºF/18ºC.

25ºC/77ºF is what I currently have my AC set to, and its the current temperature of the room I'm in. I'm also wearing a long sleeve shirt and long pants.
D:

21/22 or bust. My wife and I leave the heating off in the house unless it's 100% necessary so it's not normally on until mid/late Autumn.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Big difference. Air conditioning is everywhere in the US. It's almost nowhere in much of Europe.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Big difference. Air conditioning is everywhere in the US. It's almost nowhere in much of Europe.
This.

Also because of the very cold winters the houses are build differently. Houses temperature can be 30*C and more during summer.

Heat stays inside the structure for long time even after summer is over. Usually it goes middle of autumn before heat has vanished.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This is my first euro summer what should i do besides contemplate suicide if I'm trying to sleep and its +30c? Tips pls.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yikes. Your lows are about where our highs are right now and I do not want to see those highs anywhere in the UK in my lifetime. They're only acceptable if I'm stretched out on a sun lounger by the sea or a pool somewhere.
Gonna be 34 in London on Wednesday. We had 38 back in the 2003 heatwave, unfortunately I was in the south of France and it reached 42 or so there.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I live in Greece, soon it will be 30+ at night but I'm used sleeping with a fan and not a A/C that I only use during the day. Last night I didn't have my fan out and had to do a shower to sleep, at least it was around 25 degrees.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Paris is gonna reach 40 degrees next week and I just want to die.
My body isn't made to handle temperatures higher than 25 degrees.

Oct 27, 2017
It is hard for me to picture such temperate places as some of you live in. Here in Florida, it's been 85+ degrees Fahrenheit for a month or two it seems.