• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
"The new analysis assesses the impact of climate change on the deadly combination of heat and humidity, measured as the "wet bulb" temperature (WBT). Once this reaches 35C, the human body cannot cool itself by sweating and even fit people sitting in the shade will die within six hours".

at least it's quick, i imagine it will get really shitty in Europe by this point and the dark side of the moon will be very attractive.
Well, thats in no way absolutely horrifying.

Oh well, atleast the 9 billion bodies will generate enough oil for the next intelligent species that come along.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Records keep being broken everywhere in France

I had to leave my appartment, it was just unbearable so I'm going to find some place with AC, otherwise I'm going to pass out

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
that's ok

summer has been a joke for the past weeks where I live, so it has a little bit of catching up to do

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
We officially had around 44C few years back, but in urban areas it got much much hotter than that.

This time, we in eastern europe are spared from this heatwave.

Oct 27, 2017
Summer is the biggest asshole. I wonder when we'll hear someone say "I love the heat, it can't be hot enough" for the last time. With those temperatures even the biggest outside-activity-guy has to realize that you're basically trapped inside. And boy, if I see anyone jogging outside, I will be assured that some people have taken "staying fit" to an unhealthy level.

"Winter is coming" sounds more like a promise than a warning to me now.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
This is fucking shite. Thankfully I have a big AC unit in my living room and it's doing the trick perfectly. Stay safe tomorrow y'all.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The other thing I hate about this heat is it just leads to me wishing my life away. All I'm doing now is waiting for the weekend to get here so it will cool down again.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you actually get out in this weather it's beautiful. Find a nice shady spot in the park or beach.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Air conditioners will become more and more normal in Europe, gonna need some more of that sweet electricity.

God I hate the summer.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
My goddamn nipples are sweating. What the fuck at this heat, it's almost as the heat in HK around this time of year.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Summer is the biggest asshole. I wonder when we'll hear someone say "I love the heat, it can't be hot enough" for the last time. With those temperatures even the biggest outside-activity-guy has to realize that you're basically trapped inside. And boy, if I see anyone jogging outside, I will be assured that some people have taken "staying fit" to an unhealthy level.

"Winter is coming" sounds more like a promise than a warning to me now.
Ever since I started my current job 4 years ago I've grown to hate summer and love fall more and more. It's nice to do things outside without being sweaty and gross and exhausted afterwards

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Forecasts predicting 38°C - 40°C for my area tomorrow. Office is still nice and chilly but going outside in the afternoon will be hell.

Just think positive and remember this will be the coolest summer for the next 100 years.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thankfully the massive thunderstorm last night cleared off some of that humidity, now it's just a regular oven out here.

Gee wizz

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
i have given the father in law my portable air con unit because he ended up in hospital last summer after the heat got to him, he's nearly 90 and i think he should just man up and give it back.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
The funny thing is, the weather has been shite here in Scotland. Now I'm melting in the flat at 10pm, I want to go back to shite weather again!

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i have given the father in law my portable air con unit because he ended up in hospital last summer after the heat got to him, he's nearly 90 and i think he should just man up and give it back.

Loool didnt expect that ending lol.

Topic:
Hope my new super silent room fan gets delivered today

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Welcome to the Netherlands:

temperatuuri2kn8.png

I have said it before during the June heatwave, but I can actually handle daytime heat—it are the sweltering nights that get to me. With temperatures not dropping below 21°C (probably a few degrees higher in cities) the next few nights, I am in for a rough week...

Last edited:

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I feel really bad for the folks working in the food and hospitality industry with this weather

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
RIP si tu prends le metro aussi pour aller bosser demain matin !
Haha I'm off tomorrow, so I guess I'll just stay home no matter what!
Le métro blindé, je ne connais que trop bien, et je suis content d'y échapper demain lol Si tu dois le prendre, je te souhaite tout le courage du monde !

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the Netherlands:

temperatuuri2kn8.png

I have said it before during the June heatwave, but I can actually handle daytime heat—it are the sweltering nights that get to me. With temperatures not dropping between 21°C (probably a few degrees higher in cities) the next few nights, I am in for a rough week...

I am so glad that work sent me there the other week when it was somewhat mild rather than "Oh god, everything's on fire".

Frankly, at the moment, Basingstoke in the UK is making me wish for a swift end....the cooler part of the house was 28'C when I woke up this morning....and it's going to get worse. I may just move to Northern Sweden at this point....even if I freeze to death I can do it while feeling cool.

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Last night was quite bad already, but this night the temperature expected here is 26°C. And 38°C during the day tomorrow. Kill me already.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I am so glad that work sent me there the other week when it was somewhat mild rather than "Oh god, everything's on fire".

Frankly, at the moment, Basingstoke in the UK is making me wish for a swift end....the cooler part of the house was 28'C when I woke up this morning....and it's going to get worse. I may just move to Northern Sweden at this point....even if I freeze to death I can do it while feeling cool.
Last few weeks have been pretty great. Last week temperatures were already on the rise, but two weeks ago the weather was almost chilly. A breath of fresh air compared to this week. 20 - 25C would be ideal, but I take 15C over 35C anytime.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see what they can do about my mental health situation (it's nothing too bad) and knowing how hot it's gonna be isn't helping with my anxiety, haha.

Right now I'm just sticking to indoors with a fan facing me and the window open. Hoping it doesn't storm again.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
All-time heat record broken in The Netherlands, was 38.6C (1944) now 38.8C and rising.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It's actually cold in the office right now.
Going outside will cause a thermal shock. I'm afraid to enter my car later...
In this heat it takes a while before the airco hits the right temperature.