• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these games would you be happy to play next?

• Imperator: Rome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crusader Kings 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Europa Universalis 4

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Hearts of Iron 4

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Stellaris

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I only have 90 hours in CK2, but maybe someone can give the noobs a little Multiplayer tutorial.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Maradona_vs_Belgium.jpg

100% Historically Accurate Representation of Today's Events.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
:D

To be honest, I asked Kira, if he wanted to fight you since I was bored and had nothing to do.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
I hear some shit went down. Too bad I missed it! Will be there for the grand finale on Sunday.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I hear some shit went down. Too bad I missed it! Will be there for the grand finale on Sunday.
Yes, I was carving my way into North America when I get a call to join Italy and Romania against Georgia (that means Persia). Meanwhile Khmer (and Mughals?) declared war to Persia as well.

I've sent 120 of my ships in the Black sea, 180 in the Persian Gulf (nice ride) and around 70k men shiptransported to support some sieges.

From the coast I could see stacks of 250k, 350k fighting each other.

There was so much shit down that the peace agreements went overtime.

Last edited:
Persian Programme Part 15 - 1769 - 1791
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME

The Persian lands were whole and peaceful, a prosperous and united Empire. New sources of industrial might had been found, and the benefits of coal would undoubtedly power the manufactories of Persia to greater heights. Commerce flourished, and with the natural borders of Persia firmly established in the South, there was no interest in further conflict with the Egyptians. In the North, the Russians continued their collapse, and with the defenders of the Orthodox faith seemingly more interested in pushing the Russians over the cliff edge, I naturally moved to secure my own borders up there, taking two more coal producing provinces, as well as splitting the now rump Russian state into three different constituent parts to be dealt with later.

The years ticked down, and I settled into a nice peaceful routine, tweaking trade to drive my income up even higher. I even invested my considerable treasury into giving all the Persian people universities. It was around this time that Italian loose lips revealed an interest in Matrega. Surely not, I thought. A province so immaterial that a few thousand rebellious souls had sat there waiting for an Italian reprisal that never came, so got bored waiting and declared independence? That'd be absurd. But no matter, the war was soon declared after this leak of intel, bringing the Italian, Romanian and Dutch Empires into war with Persia.

Well OK. 3 to 1. The Italians were a military powerhouse, I knew that, but the Romanians and Dutch weren't quite up to Italian standards, so I focused on them and managed to stack wipe a number of Romanian armies. The weight of numbers was considerable however, and I was forced to retreat back over the Caucasus'. But I was still making them bleed for every inch.

It was here that the Egyptian Empire declared war on me too, bringing their Khmerian allies into the war. So now it was Persia alone against 5 other great powers. And despite some successful manoeuvring on my part, along with a few more stack wipes, there's not a whole lot you can do against the whole world. So bowing to the inevitable, I unconditionally surrendered to both coalitions and let the peace agreements lay where they would, while my newly crowned Shahanshah retreated to the island of Hormuz.

Provinces Gained: Bunch of Russian Land
Provinces Lost: Some I guess? We'll see if that lasts.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Credit to a guy on the CK2 Paradox forum that lended me his house rules for Crusader Kings II.

upload_2020-1-16_8-51-8.png

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
No "no fucking each others wives" rule? I also like to live dangerously
I am torn about the "start as a count" rule that has been suggested. I'd say you can start as an "indipendent count" or as a "non-indipendent duke".
If we all start as counts, player agency becomes very, very low.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Uzzy maybe you can make a vote in this topic so that people can choose what they want the next game to be.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started last session with taking out Portugal in the Iberian peninsula and taking some more of Spain, while also helping the Netherlands against what was left of England. But then the pressing matter that was Matrega could no longer be ignored. The Persians had fed a province that by rights belonged to Italy to their vassal Georgia, and this could not be endured. We launched the entire Italian military might against the Persians to reclaim our lands, though the element of surprise was lost due to some diplomatic mishaps.

We were most impressed by Persian martial prowess. They took care of Romanian and Bohemian armies with ease, though of course they had made the mistake of splitting their forces so the entire Persian army could attack them one at a time. As a result we formed our northern armies into a single unit and took on the Persians head on. The morale of their troops was something to behold, but the well trained and equipped Italian armies still had the better of them. Almost every clash with the Persians ended up as complete killing fields, where each day thousands of Persians perished for hundreds of Italians.

Half of our invasion force was of course bogged down sieging Georgian mountain forts, which cost us tens of thousands of soldiers. Then Egypt decided to get in on the action and invaded Persia together with Khmer. The writing was on the wall at that point, and after a valiant struggle Persia surrendered unconditionally. We took Matrega, and all is right in the world.

iSkdSAX.png

Provinces gained: Matrega, some lands less important

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Seems to be going towards CkII, anyone have a link to a recent youtube tutorial? I have the game, but not any expansions I think.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have only played like three hours of CKII despite having all the expansions, so I imagine I would be pretty terrible at multiplayer, but I guess that's one way to learn.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I don't think there should be a bunch of codified rules for a CK2 MP game beyond no Meta-Character Switching. The game itself does enough to keep players in line.

I mean I suppose we could have it so everyone has to start with a Count (or Duke) level character. Your dynasty gets wiped out? Pick another Count out there.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Hey, won't be able to make the last session, something cropped up. Uzzy since its the last session we can drop the not attacking absent players rule so you can try to reclaim rightfull Egyptian lands from my AI standin.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
That was all she wrote! Quite an explosive end to a very fun run!

My first goal for the session was to do what AI Geido could never do, win a war against England. So I fabricated on Hangzhou (or something) and got all the provinces in Asia. then I noticed Italy was also at war with them. And a plan emerged. If he peaced out, I could probably full annex England, and take all of their colonies in the process. And so it was done:

Lwcv4jN.jpg

Providing some confusion to Kilwa, but at least we weren't at war (that's only when you vassalize someone). And it cemented my place as the number one great power!

Afterwards we got an envoy from Persia, to get ready for a showdown. Although the intel was a bit spotty, so we only sent a token force up to the frozen wastelands of Romania. We learned our lesson when we encountered a 350k stack, so all the forces The Mughals could muster were sent up. 600k angry Indians descended upon the heathen bastards. Our morale won out against their surprisingly high discipline (and honestly just having more meat and mercs to throw into the grinder). A couple of battles were close, but ended in our favor.

56BxJh1.jpg

Looking at the end result, 1 in 2 of all Mughals sent up died because the harsh winters and deadly battles. But it was all worth it, because we got absolutely nothing in the peacedeal. Thanks Persia.

Also a special shoutout to the Mughalreich Africakorps:

CBBvj9z.jpg

They didn't do much, but I made a screenshot, so I might as well post it.

I'll also do a write-up about the entire run when we get some stats. Curious to see who ended up no1 in score. I think I'm number one on the great powers list still.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
yo I didn't know this was a thing, I'm down for some CK2 multiplayer if that's next

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, so I got the save from Cloud, and wanted to do some comparisons on our stats!

Great powers: Mughals, Italy, Khmer, Romania, Egypt, Persia, Kilwa, Netherlands
Force Limit: Italy, Khmer, Persia, Mughals, Netherlands, Romania, Kilwa, Egypt
Morale: Persia, Mughals, Khmer, Netherlands, Kilwa, Romania, Egypt, Italy
Discipline: Romania, Khmer, Mughals, Egypt, Italy, Kilwa, Persia
Income: Khmer, Italy, Persia, Romania, Netherlands, Mughals, Kilwa, Egypt
Development: Italy, Mughals, Khmer, Romania, Egypt, Persia, Kilwa, Netherlands
Score: Khmer, Mughals, Italy, Egypt, Persia, Netherlands, Romania, Kilwa
Army losses: Mughals, Persia, Egypt, Kilwa, Italy, Romania, Netherlands, Khmer
Highest Province dev: Romania, Italy, Netherlands, Persia, Egypt, Kilwa, Khmer, Mughals

6kimCrF.jpg

E0DORUq.jpg

ZFl2Rjz.jpg

6kimCrF.jpg

4ymWbGr.jpg

J9V5XmO.jpg

17pJ40M.jpg

DhqmnEG.jpg

RaeB7Tu.jpg

Quite happy with getting the most important tops places: Great Power and Army Losses. We bleed for that top spot! Also, I distinctly remember Lausebub playing coy with who had the highest score... Sneaky! My economy wasn't the greatest, bu I didn't really focus on that either.

When I first selected Sirhind to start with, I wanted to go Punjab, but I got sort of greedy and wanted to create the Mughals. Destating provinces, devving up and not doing it as efficiently as I would in SP did set me back a bit though. in hindsight, just focusing on India, and not getting involved with Timmy would have given me a better start. And after that disastrous war against Timmy, Bahmanis and Jaunpur I was definitely lagging. Pretty surprising that I ended up being in quite a good state in the end. Baby Ming was a stroke of luck though. Having Khmer declaring a war on Jaunpur just for my sake was great and agreeing to Kilwa taking Coromandel allowed the status quo in India to change enough for me to make a comeback.

All in all, I had fun. It really is a different game when you're occupying it with actual people who have their own goals and hold grudges/loyalties.

Looking forward to CK2, let's hope I don't mess it up to much!

Persian Programme Part 16 - 1791 - 1815
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
OFFICIAL THEME (Hah, it wasn't a Tears for Fears reference!)

TY85LRO.png

So that was a great campaign, and I'm glad we started EU4 up again for sure. I think I won 'Biggest Name' at the end, which is the really important part of these games right?

This final session I had only one aim, take the Iraqi lands back and restore those beautiful Persian borders. But that would take a while, and I notice in the process of dealing with Russian separatists that Russia herself only had 160% warscore of land left. With 29 years left, that was more than enough time for two 100% warscore wars, so annexing them entirely was not only on the cards but the right and correct thing to do. So I blitzed them and took 100% warscore from them in a matter of months, (turns out having only one level 2 fort doesn't lead to a great defence), reducing them to a tiny pitiful state around the Kamchatka Peninsula.

It was then a case of waiting for the truce with Egypt to expire. Seeing that they were allied with both Romania and Italy did give me pause for thought for a moment or two, but after some coordination with my Mughal and Khmerian allies, I declared against Egypt for the last time.

Only Romania honoured the call to arms, however. Which left 3 human players against 1. Romania did very well considering, grouping up their army into a giant death stack, but numbers told in our favour eventually. Turns out parking 120k on the Romanian capital and storming it works well. A white peace was signed, something I hope will be remembered in future games!

Egypt was an easier nut to crack, the AI separating their armies, which allowed me to do the same, sieging down the numerous forts between my border and Cairo, before finally raising the Persian flag over the capital. In the peace treaty hammered out, we took back all the Iraqi lands stolen last time, and just for fun restored the Ottomans to Anatolia. (Also during all this I finished off the remnants of the once mighty Russian empire, ensuring I had the Biggest Name)

Also thanks to Geido for doing the stats, saved me a job after this! Here's the final map.

5tqxCj3.png

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Last edited:

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
EU4 (and hopefully my girlfriend won't break her ankle just before the first session this time so I can actually join in!)

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Tie-breaker!

I could actually do both CK2 or EU4, but I've never done CK2 in a multiplayer setting, so that could be fun

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Happy about my 6th place in Total Score. I am the richest one, and I even paid the Panama Canal (that's 30k) in the last play session, too bad I couldn't see it completed.

CK2.

But I may, I'd suggest to disable Conclave for multiplayer. Otherwise it becomes very micromanaging.
I have ALL the DLCs (including the music and unit packs), so I could host.
And obviously disabling Devil worshippers, because they are OP as fuck.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
But I may, I'd suggest to disable Conclave for multiplayer. Otherwise it becomes very micromanaging.
Quoting myself, we can keep Conclave (it's a good anti-blob meta-mechanic), but at speed 3 it may become difficult.

And absolutely putting to "minimal" the Childhood Notifications.
If we pick officially CK2, I'll gladly write the Game Rules down.

I'll gladly pick last, too.

Last edited:

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: