• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Now this is a fucking list! Differs to mine obviously, but what list doesn't? Extra respect for the picks for Threes (often forgotten) and Uncharted 4 (often disregarded).

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks like a list that era would have come up with. Can't say I agree with it, but then again, it isn't my list.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
nice to see Nier up there

amazed to see TF2 up there, nobody bought the shit

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Glad a rogue(ish) game got on the list but I would pick several others before slay the spire. Then again, half my list would be rogues lol.
Good list anyway

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Top 2 almost right (should be flipped imo) and Slay the Spire would definitely be on my personal list. Incredible game. Uncharted 4 is definitely a strange inclusion. I liked it a lot but... Top 10 all gen? Nah.

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
Great list. Surprised there's no Disco Elysium though!! Seems to me the most glaring omission....

I'm always super jazzed whenever I see Slay get the recognition it deserves though; i love that game so much <3

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I love how every time these kinds of posts are made, a shit ton of people go "Where is X?" like there are only ten spots, they're not gonna fit every game you like

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Damn, that's a list I can get behind.

Breath of the Wild rightfully claiming the top spot is one thing, but Outer Wilds in the top 3? Perfection.

Bloodborne, Nier Automata, Witcher III and Slay the Spire all belong there too. The only notable exclusions are Into the Breach and Return of the Obra Dinn.

Now to look up what the hell Threes is.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
The fuck is Kentucky? Where is Original Sin 2?

At least they got Slay the Spire right.

Jan 13, 2020
Top spot is correct. Happy with the Titanfall 2 shout. The rest I have no opinion on, other than I thought Uncharted 4 was slightly underwhelming.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of in awe at how consistently BoTW ranks at #1 in these things. Truly a special game

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro won dozens more GOTYs than any of those games just last year. it won THE GOTY award last year. Same with Overwatch the year Uncharted 4 came out.

Their removal devalues those awards. like what was the point? shouldve just given last years goty to outer wilds.

Dude I'm not sure you realize this but GOTY/G/D lists are not objective fact. They're just opinions. If you want a list of games of the generation ranked by # of GOTY awards, I'm sure it's not hard to find.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 4 there is funny, but I can see how the rest of them were picked, even if there's some that wouldn't be in mine regardless.

Surprised no mentions of nuHitman

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted 4 over TLOU2 was the correct decision >_> (Would have been even more correct if it's Lost Legacy)

Though honestly there have been so many good games over this generation that I'd have a hard time to fill a top 10 without feeling like snubbing a lot

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Threes is an absolute gem and can be your "game on the go" for a long while after, you know, commuting is widely allowed around the world again.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Lol not a good list IMO.

The only one there that would be in my top ten is the Witcher 3. Mayyybe UC4, but it'd be towards the bottom.

The rest of the list I either played and didn't like (Breath of the Wild), or haven't played and am not interested in.

I'll give Bloodborne a shot someday (picked it up super cheap a while back), but the over-the-top punishing difficulty of the Souls games that fans always praise really doesn't interest me at all and has discouraged me from trying them.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
This list is the reminder that EVERYONE needs to go play Kentucky Route Zero

Lol not a good list IMO.

The only one there that would be in my top ten is the Witcher 3. Mayyybe UC4, but it'd be towards the bottom.

The rest of the list I either played and didn't like (Breath of the Wild), or haven't played and am not interested in.

I'll give Bloodborne a shot someday (picked it up super cheap a while back), but the over-the-top punishing difficulty of the Souls games that fans always praise really doesn't interest me at all and has discouraged me from trying them.
So you say it's not a good list, but there's only one game on there that you've actually played and wouldn't put on it?

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing stopping folks from making their own top 10 list. This was just a collective list from a sampling of critics and devs.

And if you're wondering what some of these titles are, try them out! You might also find them enjoyable too! That's what a lot of these lists help me out with, discovering new experiences.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
For everyone who has never heard of Threes, you may have heard of its more popular knock-off game, 2048. 2048 was massively popular in the mobile scene, but Threes did it first and arguably is the better designed game.

Jirotrom

Jan 2, 2018
Glad slay the spire is there, dead cells , Mario oddysee, god of war, sekiro and street fighter v and smash are missing,

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
This list is the reminder that EVERYONE needs to go play Kentucky Route Zero

So you say it's not a good list, but there's only one game on there that you've actually played and wouldn't put on it?
Not a good list (for me). As in, only 1 game there would also show up on my personal top 10 list.

Not saying anybody has a "wrong" opinion or anything lol. I just always find it funny/interesting how wildly different people's taste is. Most of that list just doesn't even appeal to me at all in the first place. Maybe bad word choice on my part, but I wasn't trying to say they were "wrong," just that it's wildly different from my own.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
This is a high quality list. Such an eclectic mix of great games represented, and more than a few I've been meaning to try.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us Part 2 and Rocket League are glaring absences, but can't really argue against the top two even though I'd place them both slightly lower. Also happy to see The Witcher 3 and Nier Automata make it in.

Oct 27, 2017
No Hunt Showdown? Useless list.

Also BoTW at number 1, ehhhhhhhh don't agree with that at all but I know it's typically beloved.

May 17, 2019
OK list. Nier and U4 don't belong IMO.

Indies have really stolen the show this gen IMO -- last year alone had Outer Wilds, Pathologic 2 and Disco Elysium.

*Interestingly*, two of the above were crowd-funded. I've been wanting to make a thread on this -- I honestly think crowd-funding was the best thing to happen to gaming. It gets a bad rep, but has produced some of the best games in recent memory.

Outer Wilds, Disco Elysium, and Pathologic 2 are all my games of the decade.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Great top 3. Amazing games that were also groundbreaking. Unsurprising to see people mad that their favorite high budget AAAA third person game where you slow pan the camera at some trees isn't listed though.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I like a lot about the list, specially uncharted 4 over TLOU2

Havent played outer wilds and KRZ, but I really dont like Nier automata there, it was a good game, but it has thw worst combat of any big platinum game.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire love is great. One of the best games ever. BotW at number 1 works for me. Don't know about Uncharted in there...