• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

Looks like Mass Effect: Legendary Edition launches in March

A couple of online retailers have now listed the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for release on 12th March 2021…
A couple of online retailers have now listed the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for release on 12th March 2021.

Singapore retailer Shopitree and Indonesian outlet GSShop both have Mass Effect: Legendary Edition down for 12th March, as spotted by Twitter user Idle Sloth.

We're yet to see how much of a remaster the Legendary Edition will be, but hopefully an impending release date announcement means we'll get our first look at gameplay very soon.

Back in November, BioWare announced the Legendary Edition with word that it would feature updated "textures, shaders, models, effects and technical features" as well as all single-player DLC and promotional packs, remastered for 4K Ultra HD.
New news, new thread.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
That would be perfect !
Hope they made good improvements for ME1 gameplay wise and that's day one

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Were folks really expecting it to look next gen or something? I just wanted the original trilogy playable on modern consoles.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yeah.... I'm getting this without question on Day 1 unless it's totally broken, but I'd like gameplay ASAP so we can just rip the bandaid off and calibrate expectations properly :/

Exactly. The last thing I read about it made it sound like some legit time and effort was being thrown at this. But I have my doubts...I'd rather just know it's a bare bones remaster with higher framerate and be done with it.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
March 12th puts it the same day as the ME3 release which is cool.

Although the 12th isn't Spring which is when they said it would release. Still, I hope this is true, it puts us just 2 months away

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Were folks really expecting it to look next gen or something? I just wanted the original trilogy playable on modern consoles.

I mean, I don't think anyone is expecting it to look current gen. But they creat expectations when they say stuff like "It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster frame rates, and beautiful visual enhancements"

If all it is an upres and framerate boost I'm not sure the secrecy around the trilogy is particularly warranted.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of the retailers that leaked the western release date for Persona 5 Strikers is also listing Mass Effect for March 12:

toyorgame.com.sg

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Product Details Preorder Price: TBC Preorder Deposit: S$10.00 Language(s): English Estimated Release Date: 12 March 2021 Additional Info: Box-art is for illustration purpose only. Video Trailer Product Description One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever...

toyorgame.com.sg

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Product Details Preorder Price: TBC Preorder Deposit: S$10.00 Language(s): English Estimated Release Date: 12 March 2021 Additional Info: Box-art is for illustration purpose only. Video Trailer Product Description One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever...

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's perfect for me as long as there are no major problems with the games

Day 1

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they worked some gameplay elements just a little bit (UI, mako in ME1 etc.) specially in regards of Mass Effect 1. Will they still use their own version of the Unreal engine 3 for the remaster too? so many questions on this remaster.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't think anyone is expecting it to look current gen. But they creat expectations when they say stuff like "It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster frame rates, and beautiful visual enhancements"

If all it is an upres and framerate boost I'm not sure the secrecy around the trilogy is particularly warranted.
I don't think "secrecy" is the correct word here. It's a remaster, it's not going to have a long marketing campaign, so they're most likely saving it for when it matters: when people can actually buy it.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
NrMiJup.gif

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
IMO the idea of having the three games looking as best as possible, even if they're not super great remasters, with all the DLC and in one package, is already really exciting lol

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Day one. I have low expectations for it but still down to replay them and play some of the DLC I missed out on.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

I think that's more an issue of fans getting their hopes up. I'm not sure how else they could market the game.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if they worked some gameplay elements just a little bit (UI, mako in ME1 etc.) specially in regards of Mass Effect 1. Will they still use their own version of the Unreal engine 3 for the remaster too? so many questions on this remaster.

They've just deleted the mako entirely from ME1 and added planet scanning...you know...for consistency.

They also removed half the RPG upgrade options...for consistency.

Oh, and they've given your team stock armour and weapons so you don't have to manage their inventory...for consistency.

I hope this sarcasm is way off mark btw. I'd be pissed off of this is what they've done for the sake of unifying all the games.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Great timeframe for me to marathon all 3 after all these years

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they worked some gameplay elements just a little bit (UI, mako in ME1 etc.) specially in regards of Mass Effect 1.
If the games are largely unchanged besides a graphical overhall/update, then I really don't have any interest in this collection either, as I can already play them from Xbox BC.

While I hope they games maintain what made them special, there's a lot of room for updates. Probably my biggest request would be a change to the Paragon/Renegade system in ME2 to be more like ME3 - as playing anything but pure Paragon/Renegade in ME2 blocks off signification options. I'd also be ok with combat being revised/updated a bit in ME1.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All i want is Mass Effect trilogy on PC with official controller support. The games still look great on PC.

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
To be honest I don't really care if the upgrade is minor, what really excites me is that I'll finally have the complete experience in one "box"!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Having them on modern systems is great.

I'm keeping expectations FULLY in check, but I'm very eager to see what they'll do with it.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My wish list. Not really expecting all this but I can dream.
  • HDR
  • 4K textures
  • Ray tracing
  • 120+fps support (currently aspects of the game break above 62)
  • Support for higher fov without breaking cutscenes
  • Higher poly models
  • Upscaled prerendered cutscenes