• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
Even when a Nintendo system has an active userbase for once, third parties still find a way to screw us over.

"Our old games are actually selling well? Port more 15 year old titles and jack up the prices! They'll buy it anyway!"

Last edited:

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Each RE is 35 bucks in here.
Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy X /X-2 are 55 (!).

This is beyond nuts. I am not paying for this.

You know what ? I can imagine Dragon Quest XI launch price to be 70 euros if not more.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Paid for RE4 and Phoenix Wright Trilogy for full price. I'm part of the problem. I'll wait for sales on the other REs and the other Phoenix Wright games when they release later this year. RE4 and the PW trilogy is too good to pass up.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I think I would like RE4 on the Switch, but not for that price. I'm also afraid the game won't hold up at all anymore after playing REmake2.

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good reason why they don't release the original PS1 versions of RE1, 2, and 3?

Let me play those fucking games again.
You can play them on Vita :) I bought it years ago dirt cheap (below $10 for all 3).

I think I would like RE4 on the Switch, but not for that price. I'm also afraid the game won't hold up at all anymore after playing REmake2.
I'm playing Revelations now on the switch and it's hard to play it on the tv due to the graphic difference. Handheld mode is awesome though.

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
I originally thought it was £30 for all of them and wondered what everyone was complaining about.

£30 each is just insane.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
This guy gets it.
There are ppl in here who were defending those Wii U ports that are criticizing Capcom. Both are shady, but keep that same energy.

I (mostly) defend those releases and criticise Capcom. And there is a reason for that. First of all there is not anything wrong with the Mario Bros price. It includes Luigi U and has other new content with new characters which really changes the whole game. Tropical Freeze is more valid criticism. It cost 10 dollars/euros too much. But even then you have a new mode which changes how the game plays and it is originally only available on a dead system that almost no one has. It is also easily worth the asking price. Still should be same price as it was on its Wii U launch. What Capcom is doing here is not comparable at all.

Last edited:

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
I remember when REV1 & 2 came out if you bought one you got a discount on the other. Eshop can be quite good for that kind of thing but they didn't even bother here lol. £30 for Remake and Zero and I'd probably be happy enough.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
As i've written in the other thread, with no physical release (EU) and the digital price hike ... Capcom can just freak off for good. Last Switch game i'll get from them is Dragons Dogma by import from Amazon JP, but that's it. I'm tired of having to import when there's even some Limited Run Games releases that probably sell less than DD physical would. And now i'm also having to pay more for a digital only release of old games that were cheaper at release on other platforms.

And the argument that it's more expensive to release Switch carts compared to PS4/XOne discs is a valid excuse for small pubs and devs, but for a company that last year and this year just had multiple million sellers, including their most successful game ever, it's not an excuse.

I'm used to some strange decisions by japanese devs/pubs ... but Capcom is really out there trying to 1UP all the others.

Each RE is 35 bucks in here.
Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy X /X-2 are 55 (!).

This is beyond nuts. I am not paying for this.

You know what ? I can imagine Dragon Quest XI launch price to be 70 euros if not more.

FF XII and X / X-2 at least get a (semi) physical release in Europe. That you have to download X-2 is disappointing, but at least you get 2 other full games on carts.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
The sad part is, even though these are older games they would have sold bonkers on Switch with their OG price point you also have in PS4/XBO.

Without a need of a price drop they could have sold alot of copies and made fans happy that thought this game should have been in Switch ages ago.

Yet they decide to raise the price further with those late ports. Incredible greedy strategy in my opinion ....sure the typical Switch owner on ERA will likely wait for a sale but Capcom is ready to milk every customer that doesn't know it better.

Not a fan. Was going to get RE4 and REmake day 1...now I'm probably not but any Capcom game on Switch unless it's on a deep sale.

I guess they know that we're all going to buy it when it's on sale.. They're just fleecing the whales first :/

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, big props to Eurogamer (and Nintendolife too, although they fell short of asking capcom for comments so they won't get fully lauded by me) for bringing it up.
The more outlets that make a noise about this, the better.
Still waiting for Doom to hit at least $30 after seeing it available on the PS4 and XBO for under $20 multiple times.
I've seen Doom PS4/XBO for £10 on sale in the UK. Maybe even £5, IIRC.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
The more outlets that make a noise about this, the better.
I've seen Doom PS4/XBO for £10 on sale in the UK. Maybe even £5, IIRC.
i saw doom on release day on switch full price and the shop staff had blatantly surrounded it with PS4 copies for £8. I was amazed it sold so well on switch but it looks like almost anything decent will sell well on the system which is a huge change for Nintendo, just wish Capcom had put resident evil 1 on the cart at the very least.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
they could at least make an offer like :

RE 30€ or 15€ if you already purchased RE0
RE0 30€ or 15€ if you already purchased RE

They did that for Resident Evil Revelations

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
how the fuck is £30 the same as $30????

W T F

Euro countries:

327e7980a82b5686be8db04758c9c9a4.jpg

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I also find 30$ to be too high of a price, but consider this:

I bought my switch 2 months ago, and decided I'm all digital this time, was looking to buy something along with Botw and Dark souls and I searched for Skyrim... Which is older than hell itself... And costs 60...
So nothing surprises me anymore.

kitsuneyo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
So does RE4 have motion aiming or not?

A 50% sale on these is inevitable, but £15/£20 normal price would give them great numbers at launch. It's a silly move by Capcom. I won't be buying at full price anyway.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Shitty move by Capcom but it almost feels self inflicted. Switch owners have shown time and again they will pay more for the same game than other console owners.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what Capcom's excuse will be if these sell poorly? Because it sure won't be "We tried to price gouge people and they refused to pay the absurd prices we set".

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what Capcom's excuse will be if these sell poorly? Because it sure won't be "We tried to price gouge people and they refused to pay the absurd prices we set".

"We have released high quality software on the Nintendo Switch system but Switch owners were not interested in these titles. Therefor we decided to no longer support the system with Resident Evil related software."

Sep 12, 2018
Imagine the hype if they just came out with an RE collection physical for 50 dollars (with the individual games being 20 each). Don't get this move at all, almost seems like it was done to intentionally dampen any enthusiasm.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
I'll definately buy res4 at some point probably in the summer when I go on holiday I'd pay too much for a bioshock port as well FYI.

Nov 21, 2017
These would have been impulse buys for me at $15-20 a pop. Especially RE4

But I can always break out my wii and play RE4. And there I'll have the option of playing with a GameCube controller or motion controls. With this Switch port, I'm not so sure

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Shitty move by Capcom but it almost feels self inflicted. Switch owners have shown time and again they will pay more for the same game than other console owners.

Yeah. Companies don't base their decisions out of thin air. Surely, the strategic business department priced this accordingly to maximize profit.

I'll do my part by not supporting this price tag.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the argument that it's more expensive to release Switch carts compared to PS4/XOne discs is a valid excuse for small pubs and devs,

There are a lot of small indie games out there that got a physical release. The Crapcom does not manage to do that for big games like RE that is bound to sell well is just embarrassing.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Yeah. Companies don't base their decisions out of thin air. Surely, the strategic business department priced this accordingly to maximize profit.

I'll do my part by not supporting this price tag.
Exactly. The price isn't random or an attempt to fuck over switch owners. They will have data that tells them this price point is good. They probably already have a road map of when the games will be discounted and by how much. They clearly think this price point will maximise profits. Whether that turns out to be true remains to be seen.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
It's a bit spenno but I don't think they should be priced the same as the other console version (which weren't that price when released I'm pretty sure). I mean someone had to do something to make it run on switch. $20 max.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just wait for a sale. Got the Resident Evil Super Bundle with Remake, 0, 4,5,6 and Revelations 2 for £15 on Xbox. It won't be long before these are discounted.