• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just put out today and while we're so dang close to the release day this month I still wanna talk about slow motion sword slices n shit

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There's something about this game's visual style that doesn't jive for me at all. I tried so hard to get past it watching people play at pax and I can't even look at it.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's some of the worst commentary I've ever heard.

Game still looks brilliant though and seems to run smoothly on Switch hardware. Was worried about that.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, the commentators are fucking awful. I get the need the speak over and commentate, but shitty quips ain't it

RawmeatCowboy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what the rule is about self promotion here, so I apologize if this is in bad taste or against rules. I literally just now recorded some gameplay footage with commentary as well.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Johnny and Aoife are fantastic, but they're best on their Let's Play series - their conversational, jokey (and often in-jokey) goofy camaraderie doesn't work as well for things like previews of new games.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I just played it.

It's solid. It's fun, and well made.

But it's going to justifiably get many comparisons to Hotline Miami. It's derivative of the vibe, gameplay and narrative structure.

Honestly they could have called it "Hotline Miami: Katana Zero".

Not saying it's bad by any means, and yeah we've seen a lot of games that were obviously inspired by hotline Miami (how could you not be?), but especially with the Devolver Digital connection this is going to get a lot of comparisons.

I kinda wish it had found more of its own identity, but I think it's still going to be great, and maybe it goes in other directions beyond the demo I played.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just played it.

It's solid. It's fun, and well made.

But it's going to justifiably get many comparisons to Hotline Miami. It's derivative of the vibe, gameplay and narrative structure.

Honestly they could have called it "Hotline Miami: Katana Zero".

Not saying it's bad by any means, and yeah we've seen a lot of games that were obviously inspired by hotline Miami (how could you not be?), but especially with the Devolver Digital connection this is going to get a lot of comparisons.

I kinda wish it had found more of its own identity, but I think it's still going to be great, and maybe it goes in other directions beyond the demo I played.
First time I saw it I thought hotline Miami and I can't wait

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
YfqGo9T.gif

I don't know what the rule is about self promotion here, so I apologize if this is in bad taste or against rules. I literally just now recorded some gameplay footage with commentary as well.

Are there additional bonuses for not using Slow-Mo?

dred

Oct 27, 2017
No reviews yet? I'm expecting this game to be 2019's Celeste, where's the buzz?