• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Thread-banned (1 Day): Pending Review
And so it comes out you need to be cheesing the game for this to even be an issue... Doesn't matter though I'm sure the thread will remain open while we still can't have a PC performance thread...

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I mean I'm not sure what all over the internet means I guess. Pretty sure it's the highest concurrent playerbase on steam by far, huge stream traffic, and critically still very positive on pc. I've already said they need to fix this like 4x now. Anyway I'll leave this thread and ignore the thread as well.

Ah yes , the whole world revolves around PC. Now I see your angle. For whatever reason this site is full of posters lately that are going into anything negative Cyberpunk because of issues of performance, their management lying to people, refund issues etc. and hitting the thread with "Welp sucks for you guys GOTY." That is supposed to add what exactly?

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes , the whole world revolves around PC. Now I see your angle. For whatever reason this site is full of posters later that are going into anything negative Cyberpunk because of issues of performance, their management lying to people, refund issues etc. and hitting the thread with "Welp sucks for you guys GOTY." That is supposed to add what exactly?

It's a PC only issue lol.... And for it to even be a problem you need like 10000 items (aka cheesing the game). So if the argument is why are you only talking about the pc version in this thread, well, it's only a confirmed issue on PC and even that's dubious.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the save file problems the Witcher games have on PC. Witcher 1 and 2 in particular have a problem where there's no limit on the number of simultaneous saves you can have and individual save files were relatively big, so depending on how you played after a while you ended up with like 10GB of save files. Maybe that hard 8MB limit was an attempt to correct this?

More generally, I think we need to have an honest discussion about what CDPR was ever actually good at as a game developer. The Witcher games are mostly just good because of world building, quest writing, and impressive tech (even Witcher 1 worked black magic on the Neverwinter Nights engine). None of them have great combat and the first two were straight-up Eurojank upon release.

Witcher 3 actually stands out as uncommonly stable for a CDPR game. People assumed they'd just gotten better and made it into the AAA big leagues, but if anything Cyberpunk 2077 feels like a "correction" back to where Witcher 1 and 2 were upon launch.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Just throwing out some numbers here, but I'm like 50 hours into the game, 15 different save files which altogether add up to 60mb. I pick up a ridiculous amount of stuff and am walking around with every single clothing item I've come across thus far, as well as every food item that I never use, way too many weapons I don't use, every single note/data item I come across... I'm not sure what you would have to be doing to hit this issue, but I'd imagine anyone not doing a massive dupe fest attempting to become a billionaire, this is probably not going to be an issue for a normal player.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
My save's up to 3.6MB at the very beginning of Act 2, I've done no duping or even Space Oddity, but engaged with crafting and upgrading and looted/deconstructed everything I saw. My very first save was 1.5MB so, yeah there's been enough of a growth in the time I've put in for me to be concerned, ESPECIALLY as issues start popping up at 6MB

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean this is a pretty typical somewhat buggy release for a game of this size... Honestly on PC with a 3080 they've done an excellent job. It's the best looking game ever made and I haven't had a single serious issue with it. It's much better than most Bethesda and Ubisoft open world games at launch. It's just really getting shit on here. Whatever.
"Somewhat buggy" is one hell of an understatement. You can't ignore everything that's come out about this game in your quest to defend it.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Somewhat buggy" is one hell of an understatement. You can't ignore everything that's come out about this game in your quest to defend it.

On PC I would say that's an accurate description... In fact I'd say I've seen less bugs in 40hrs of playtime than lots of games. I think that's a pretty common sentiment tbh...

GravyCheeks

Oct 31, 2017
And so it comes out you need to be cheesing the game for this to even be an issue... Doesn't matter though I'm sure the thread will remain open while we still can't have a PC performance thread...
I feel like this hasn't been said enough in here. The game deserves the shit it is getting, but folks are just piling on at this point. Also agree on the PC performance thread but I know that ship has sailed. :(

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
CDPR has really found themselves between a rock and a hard place here. They have to fix the game.. but these glaring issues... they can only so so much. This is the fruit of their 8 year labor lol
Lost all their credibility, all their good will, all their hype all in one launch lol

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
While the game has a lot of issues, I think this one is not a big deal unless you're taking advantage of an exploit. I'm 40 hours in and I'm hoarding everything I come across from guns to ashtrays and I'm just at 4mb.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
it's a funny warning and also funny/sad that this can happen but it's also a non issue imo. When I read about this I checked my file and it was around 4mb when I was over 30 hours into the game so I don't worry about it at all.

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Huh.

... That might be the last straw for me. The AMD CPU issue was amateur hour stuff... the random, frequent bugs were legitimately annoying (jump and double jump randomly deciding to not work, a severe bug causing V to keep hugging a dead body after a stealth kill forcing a mission restart, clipping into the driver's seat during a certain story mission upon every checkpoint reload... the list goes on). But to say that "hey, if you're holding too much stuff, your save might derp, and if it does you're SOL" is a bridge too far.

I've been having fun so far even with the many issues, but at this point I'm just going to beeline through the story missions so I can shelve this, pending a comprehensive fix.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't say this is entirely conclusive. User from the CDPR forums.

If the issue is due to the amount of crafting components, it must be to do with the looting or production of the components rather than the amount of them.
I did a quick test and used a memory manipulation program to give myself 999,999 of each component and spammed crafting to get to Level 20 in the skill. My saved game is only 3,989K.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I avoided this problem by getting a refund.
Honestly cyberpunk is in an anthem like place. I'm not sure they can patch their way out of it. The game engine needs to be reworked, not tweaked with patches. I've worked on games that were over a year out that were in a better place than this launched in.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We can't mock Bethesda anymore, ever.
No, we can and we will its just CDPR's turn right now. At least CDPR hasn't doxxed their customers by sending support tickets to other users randomly like Bethesda did during the Fallout 76 bag fiasco.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
this shouldn't be a thing in the first place, hype culture is out of control

hopefully this is a wake up call for people that fawn over games for years thinking they will blow everyone away
Completely agree, in fact I don't think we're discussing this topic as much as we should. I think in the case of CP2077 it even ruinied the game somewhat. It was so anticipated that the devs/publishers just wanted to get it into the hands of customers asap. It was a case of damned if they do/don't as even delays were met with critical response. The biggest issue was obviously them announcing it so damn early where the game was literally just a concept.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
So internet is panicking without evidence?

No it's a recognised issue, the save files starting to bug out at 6MB and corrupting at 8MB. It's just not linked to sheer number of things in your inventory at one time, and more likely the production of components by dismantling things or by looting things (So, likely not directly just linked to duping items)

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Stop playing the game how you want, it's not even an issue for me! And it's not even buggy in my experience so the others must play the game wrong! /s

Oct 27, 2017
Quick!

Someone update that "weird nerds and elon musk" simpsons jpg with CDPR

Some of y'all in this thread love to deflect for your favorite billion dollar companies

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
I've played 70 hours on PC and it's a shame that such a great game (story-, quest- and world-wise) destroys itself in so many ways. I had very small issues while playing, unfortunately I can't progress in a important sidequest right now (thanks 1.05!) but the overall experience is just incredible for me personally.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is so launch Skyrim or Fallout post 3 lol

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
People saying that is not bugged on PC, lol.

It's mega-bugged. Just because the parts can brute-force and make the game run somewhat decently doesn't mean that the game isn't broken, or doesn't crash, or the interface bugs out, the calls, the audio and radio...

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
What a weird response to a huge issue. I've had a pretty stable experience so far, but this legit makes me want to pause the game for at least a few months.

I have over 35 hours on my save, would be awful to lose everything.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Checked all my saves and theyre all a bit over 6MB, guess ill have to sell those consumables or somethin

If item components count towards this i picked the autojunk perk early on so essentially they coudve shipped the game with a perk in the game that breaks the game permanently, what a fucking mess

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I haven't played the game, but unless there are items whose properties are defined from an algorithm (like a soda can with infinite combinations of colours or something), why wouldn't each item in the game have a place in a lookup table, and a simple integer of how many you have? I must be missing something because I can't see how they've made a problem of what sounds like a simple solution.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Lmao

Isnt that one of the points of a RPG....how can they mess this up so much especially after making The Witcher 3?

Oct 28, 2017
That seems like something in house QA should have caught

This kind of issues are usually time consuming to validate (even if encountering them are absolute), mostly because of the enormous amount of time required to be spent on a particular version of the game being tested over a long playthrough and the need to play it a certain specific way.

My guess is that it is something which the would have been brought up, but maybe just requiring validation that something like this does happen when you explicitly play a specific way. If it was indeed validated, then its probably something which was/is not high up in priority to be fixed immediately (the game does have a rather large amount of odd behavior other than this).

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
There are still people out there who defend this game lol.

It really is incredible isn't it? Even All the pre-release nonsense and then what happened after it was released and you still have people running defense force for CDPR, I don't know why people are so attached to this game. If you're having fun great ,good for you ,but read the room