• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

Isnt that one of the points of a RPG....how can they mess this up so much especially after making The Witcher 3?
Looking at all of CDPR's big games in aggregate, I'm not wondering how Cyberpunk 2077 happened, I'm wondering how Witcher 3 happened. CP77 feels about as polished as Witcher 1 and 2 were at launch.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm touching this game even if a new and improved next gen only ultimate actually works edition comes out next year. Now that game are $70, ima be picky as hell with what I buy.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Those bastards are having fun how could they
Agreed, I am having a blast and I'm on last gen xbox one x. Yea its Bethesda buggy but the side jobs and main story are keeping me going. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm having fun with the game, and I'm not stupid or an asshole. The transphobia needs to be fixed though, that shit should not be prevalent in any game let alone a AAA game.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Looking at all of CDPR's big games in aggregate, I'm not wondering how Cyberpunk 2077 happened, I'm wondering how Witcher 3 happened. CP77 feels about as polished as Witcher 1 and 2 were at launch.
Witcher 3 was a mess at launch too tbh. There was a whole debacle about quests not awarding XP, Roach materializing on all kinds of things, bugged quests, etc etc.

On PC Cyberpunk seems almost par for course for their launches minus this save corruption. Console are a whole new level of shitshow though.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
I haven't crafted any items, but I have upgraded a few items using those materials. Do I need to be worried? I haven't checked my save filesize yet. On PS5 btw.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
So for someone as me who does not craft anything at all could i just sell off my crafting materials and be safe?

Edit: I checked my save file and i have to say i am getting a bit worried, i play these kind of games really slowly and try to do everything, it's at 4,5mb and i have barely scratched the surface of this games content.

Last edited:

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Witcher 3 was a mess at launch. It took ages for them to get the game into the state it's in now. I trust that CDPR will get this game working well on PC at some point in the future. People playing on base last gen consoles are probably screwed though. Wouldn't expect the game to ever be great on those platforms.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
I have over 125 hours of in game time, not really a crafting focus but crafted many weapons and mods and have the auto dismantle loot perk. My last save is at 5.8mb.

I've finished the game and did all side stories and gigs, with only the brawling side mission and some blue things left.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could see how big my Xbox saves are. I don't wanna lose my progress. I've spent nearly 60 hours in this game...

Xbox One

My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game > SAVED DATA

Xbox Series X|S

My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game and add-ons > SAVED DATA
I mean, this isn't actually helpful. It lets me see how much total space (I'm assuming) all the save files are taking, but not each one.

I'm sitting at 137.7MB, which averages out to a little over 4MB per save (for the 32 saves present, auto-save included). I think I might be fine, because I'm constantly selling all my consumables (I never use them except the rebreather) and grenades (same reason. I keep the recon ones, though). I have a lot of stuff in my stash though. I guess I should go and clear those out.

I don't think I've crafted anything (oh, other than 2 quickhacks), but I've been upgrading my revolver a lot ( screenshot link - I love this gun...)

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could see how big my Xbox saves are. I don't wanna lose my progress. I've spent nearly 60 hours in this game...

I mean, this isn't actually helpful. It lets me see how much total space (I'm assuming) all the save files are taking, but not each one.

I'm sitting at 137.7MB, which averages out to a little over 4MB per save (for the 32 saves present, auto-save included). I think I might be fine, because I'm constantly selling all my consumables (I never use them except the rebreather) and grenades (same reason. I keep the recon ones, though). I have a lot of stuff in my stash though. I guess I should go and clear those out.

I don't think I've crafted anything (oh, other than 2 quickhacks), but I've been upgrading my revolver a lot ( screenshot link - I love this gun...)

Delete all your saves and just leave your current manual save. That's your number.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, as a devoted ESDF cultist, if it weren't for the transphobia, the crunch, the apparent misunderstanding of the genre, the cultivation of deplorables in the fanbase, the bullshit, the bugs, etc, then this would be a total dealbreaker for me.
Meanwhile you have people still defiantly explaining that they've had no issues, as if that should lead others to different conclusions.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

exactly

not sure how people thought that every game was going to be W3 quality; they've made arguably one good game

ara

Oct 26, 2017
r/LowSodiumCyberpunk is essentially a cult like subreddit made up of a bunch of folk from OG subreddit who choose to be in denial about the broken state of this game. Not worth taking them seriously.

This is hilarious to me. I get it, constant complaining and negativity can be incredibly exhausting, but this does seem like a bunch of folks sticking their fingers in their ears and going LALALALA and it doesn't even seem worth it going by the actual content of the subreddit. Took a peek at the last 7 days' top posts and there are two reactionary gameplay videos that supposedly show how The Combat Is Good, Actually and they're just super style over substance which is funny to me and a looooot of extremely low quality/effort memes.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
This is hilarious to me. I get it, constant complaining and negativity can be incredibly exhausting, but this does seem like a bunch of folks sticking their fingers in their ears and going LALALALA and it doesn't even seem worth it going by the actual content of the subreddit. Took a peek at the last 7 days' top posts and there are two reactionary gameplay videos that supposedly show how The Combat Is Good, Actually and they're just super style over substance which is funny to me and a looooot of extremely low quality/effort memes.

*shrug*

Its just a place for memes and enjoying the game, nothing wrong with that, and 100k people are subscribed to it looking for a place that isn't filled with constant negativity about the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
*shrug*

Its just a place for memes and enjoying the game, nothing wrong with that, and 100k people are subscribed to it looking for a place that isn't filled with constant negativity about the game.

Yeah, I said that right in the post - negativity can be exhausting and there's nothing wrong with "just" enjoying something. It's just funny to me that there's a "positive" Cyberpunk subreddit and it's just absolutely filled with gutter tier memes.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
lmfao this shit is just hilarious

I dont even know what to say anymore. I was gonna take a shot at them but Jesus. Its like beating the Horses corpse at this point. Not even going to bother.

I feel for my PC brethren that spent all that time on PCPartPicker, Newegg, Amazon, B&H and Microcenter for months meticulously choosing parts and perfecting builds as new processors and GPU's launched..... All so they could finally play:

!!!CYBERPUNK!!!

only to end up with this mess in the end. 😆 Goddamn man.

Oct 28, 2017
I dont even know what to say anymore. I was gonna take a shot at them but Jesus. Its like beating the Horses corpse at this point. Not even going to bother.

I feel for my PC brethren that spent all that time on PCPartPicker, Newegg, Amazon, B&H and Microcenter for months meticulously choosing parts and perfecting builds as new processors and GPU's launched..... All so they could finally play:

!!!CYBERPUNK!!!

I personally know a person who spent a fortune to get a PC (with RTX 2000 series GPU) many months ago just to play Cyberpunk 2077, but hasn't complained..yet.
But if I were to encountered these issues, I would be a bit disappointed.

But generally, I think those playing on the PC have substantially less number of issues compared to those on the consoles (especially the base consoles).

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This could be more of an issue with those who used the now patched exploit than those who play normally?
I get the complaints for the traffic and NPC AI they do dampen the immersion a bit but the internet would have you believe this game was supposed to be a city and traffic simulator. I don't pause to see all that when I'm engaged in the quests and stories in the world.
I agree with this. Though the AI and bugs are doing more than just a bit to break the level of immersion, which the game otherwise so hard tries and even succeeds to achieve. I'll say that you probably don't get the full picture of a game by just watching bug compilations in Twitter. Youtube channels like Crowbcat have been criticized for a good reason too. Mafia 3 had an awful AI, awful bugs and "empty" world. Loved my time with the main missions, storytelling and atmosphere were best in class, didn't love the grind. Cyberpunk doesn't make me grind to progress in the story atleast. The side stuff has notably more substance, story and variety to it than Mafia 3 ever did. Things like the game not having minigames or a barbershop (or whatever people want it takes from GTA) are essentially the Paul Rudd gif of "oh shit.....I'm okay". I'd want to change my hair too since it came out as blue when it was supposed to be black, but it's easy to forget when you get invested in the tales of Night City.

!!!CYBERPUNK!!!

No need for that, it's 60 bucks at Stadia. Cheaper than buying any console to play a game. Hell of a deal ain't it?
exactly

not sure how people thought that every game was going to be W3 quality; they've made arguably one good game
Your math is off. They've made 5 good games prior to Cyberpunk, Witcher 1-3, Gwent and Thronebreaker.

Last edited:

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am on PS4,

This save game file size that is anything over 8mb issue, what save is it actually because I have:
User profile 4.20mb
User settings 4.20mb
All other game saves manual and auto are about 12.59mb

Is it the User profile one?

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I am on PS4,

This save game file size that is anything over 8mb issue, what save is it actually because I have:
User profile 4.20mb
User settings 4.20mb

It's the same for me.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked my save. After 40 hours with a decent amount of looting and crafting I'm at 4.5 MB.

Guess I'll have to slow down on crafting and...not load saves as much? This is silly as hell.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am on PS4,

User profile 4.20mb
User settings 4.20mb

As mentioned previously, all PS saves reserve 12MB of disk space that just gets flled. You cannot actually tell how big your save is in reality.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like should just wait a few months and start again. It still has not clicked with me after 12 hours or so either.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone actually had this happen without using the exploit?

Been playing a long time, grabbing a lot of stuff and no issue so far.. I'm not going to worry about it. I also have a lot of savefiles anyway.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
Whats the save file limit you want to avoid on PC? and where do you check how large your save file currently is?

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
In all of the threads I've read on this issue in various sites, I haven't seen a single person reporting this issue affecting them (except that 1 thread on the official forum). Seems like sensationalist drivel about a problem for which there is no evidence of it being widespread.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, I said that right in the post - negativity can be exhausting and there's nothing wrong with "just" enjoying something. It's just funny to me that there's a "positive" Cyberpunk subreddit and it's just absolutely filled with gutter tier memes.
Yea in my experience, any game that requires the creation of a "low sodium" subreddit is a game in a bad state. Last game I saw with a "low sodium" subreddit was Anthem. And it was full of people sticking their fingers in their ear and carrying on as if the game wasn't burning down around them. Completely ignoring reality and pretending everything was fine. It was bizarre, just as that CP subreddit is.

Creating bubbles for yourself for products isn't healthy even if intentions are good. It demonstrates that some people are emotionally too close, too fragile, or too invested in the success of a product that they didn't create. When you take criticism personally or otherwise refuse to recognize it, you're not helping. You've lost the plot.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked my save. After 40 hours with a decent amount of looting and crafting I'm at 4.5 MB.

Guess I'll have to slow down on crafting and...not load saves as much? This is silly as hell.

No you will be fine. It doesn't scale linearly with playtime/crafting. I did a ton of crafting in one play session and my save went from 4.44-4.47 MB. You would have to be crafting tens of thousands of items to hit the limit.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
In all of the threads I've read on this issue in various sites, I haven't seen a single person reporting this issue affecting them (except that 1 thread on the official forum). Seems like sensationalist drivel about a problem for which there is no evidence of it being widespread.
Even if the problem is as limited/narrow as you believe it to be, it doesn't matter: this should not be happening at all, to anyone, ever. Arbitrarily limiting the file size to just 8MB in a gigantic open-world game where you can indefinitely craft/loot/etc. is an astonishingly shortsided move — a fuckup on par with the infamous Oblivion bug that would eat your save file from the inside out if you played too long. There's no excuse for this.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

just got hit with this bug, i can't do anything more, everytime the game tries to save, it crashes.

LOL

i will try to drop my consumables, but holy shit, wtf,.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone actually had this happen without using the exploit?

I'm about 65 hours into the game now, file size still roughly the same as it was 15 hours ago and still looting every single item I come across and crafting whatever I need to make extra cash. I don't think I'm going to have an issue.

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
just got hit with this bug, i can't do anything more, everytime the game tries to save, it crashes.

LOL

i will try to drop my consumables, but holy shit, wtf,.
This isn't the same bug though. The bug causes the save to get corrupted, so you should get some error message whenever you try to load.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I have
9999 crafting materials (trainer)
And haven't crashed and I have 20hrs play through already.
Unless it's specific weapons and armors

Patched

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
www.cyberpunk.net

Hotfix 1.06

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles!

Hotfix 1.06

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won't fix save files corrupted before the update.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
That just raises the question why it was in begin with? was it to prevent another bug?
Probably just a leftover from a much earlier build, maybe from years ago. It probably never occurred to them to do anything about it because none of their testing came anywhere close to hitting that limit.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It was a stupid oversight, but I've had hundreds to a thousand soda cans and tens of thousands of crafting materials which I've turned into thousands of items, and I haven't been able to get over 4MB.

I have no idea what insanity a person would have to be doing to reach an 8MB save, it's not logically possible.

Millions and Millions of items?

edit: yeah video above proves my point yeah

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
That just raises the question why it was in begin with? was it to prevent another bug?

Maybe it was unintended limit (ie. by using static buffer rather than dynamically allocating buffer of correct size - maybe someone thought 8MB would be enough in any case). If it was intended, error would've probably occurred during saving rather than loading.