• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
This game is an absolute disgrace and in a nut shell is everything that is going wrong with the industry and has been going wrong gradually over the past decade. Everyday there is more bullshit relating to this game. It's like Bethesda are conciously trying to destroy thier own reputation and alienate thier entire fanbase as quickly as they possibly can.

I just can't believe how Bethesda have handled everything to do with this game, from the reveal, to the 'beta' , to the launch, the silence, the nerfing, to the obscene microtrasactions and possiblity of loot boxes...

It's a disgrace and really gets me more annoyed than it should. Never has my opinion of a game developer so drastically changed in such a short period of time. The Elder Scrolls VI should be a game I'm hugely excited for, after Fallout 76 and the way Bethesda have handled themselves, how can I ever be excited for one of thier games again? How can I ever trust them to not screw me over as a consumer?

As a gamer I just find the whole situation insulting and also a little bit sad...

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This one

dQwFD7s.jpg
The part of the CEO never touching a videogame and prioritizing money at all costs, with these news of ridiculous lootboxes being implemented on Fallout 76 and other ridiculous MTX stuff, almost convinces me that this is the real deal.
Quoting this even though it's been recently quoted because people seem to keep missing it. THIS IS THE 4CHAN LEAK IN THE SPOILER

Just..... Stop playing this piece of shit.
This is embarrassing.
I tried to play it to like... get my 60 dollars worth of play from it at first, but at this point I think I'm worse off so I just stopped lol.

"For some reason" I've played about 65 hours of Fallout: New Vegas recently, too....

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That "leak" was so real the thread about it was closed immediately. That's bad fanfic for several reasons (one being the alleged gangster CEO who in fact is the co-founder and still in the company since ZeniMax was started, so bringing that up 20 years later makes no sense whatsoever). So I'm not sure why you're spreading 4chan crap - just because it fits your narrative now. It's one bad game ffs, not the end of the world.

Yeah these shop items are overpriced. Thankfully you can easily get thousands of free atom points without trying. Since release I've collected 4000+ within 2-3 weeks just by playing the game, not paying attention to challenges or anything. Not sure if that was mentioned here anywhere.

It's pretty clear now why they went for Fallout with an online component...

The atoms dry up once all the basic challenges are done for progression and you're stuck with the weekly and daily ones which give you 200-300 a week. Based on the amount you've gotten you are very close to be at the point where you will only get 200-300 a week and so basically one expensive item from the shop a month if you religiously do the dailies and weeklies.

So you get 1-2 free expensive items for all the first time challenges you can't repeat and then 1 a month after that dries up.

This system in no way, shape or form allows you to consistently buy things on the Atomic Shop, so no, not even close.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
That "leak" was so real the thread about it was closed immediately. That's bad fanfic for several reasons (one being the alleged gangster CEO who in fact is the co-founder and still in the company since ZeniMax was started, so bringing that up 20 years later makes no sense whatsoever). So I'm not sure why you're spreading 4chan crap - just because it fits your narrative now. It's one bad game ffs, not the end of the world.

Yeah these shop items are overpriced. Thankfully you can easily get thousands of free atom points without trying. Since release I've collected 4000+ within 2-3 weeks just by playing the game, not paying attention to challenges or anything. Not sure if that was mentioned here anywhere.

Overpriced items or no, at least fix your buggy shitshow of a fucking game before prioritizing damn mtx for christs sakes. And yeah I'm not so sure about that leak being real, it does sound pretty outlandish.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So £16 for a santa costume and 2 emotes

Jesus. I love bethesda games, but they deserve worsed company of the year this time. Just awful

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah how about you inform your opinion in a non-condescending way instead of accusing me of having an agenda, seems way more productive, no?

I also said that I almost believe it's real in regards to the recent MTX Lootboxes push and the mess that's going on with Fallout 76, which you can't deny in any way. Also the original thread was closed because it was a 4chan rumor, which to be fair it's to be taken with a grain of salt, but it makes you wonder if there are parts of it being true with all of this going on.

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
Not like Bethesda doesn't have form. You should see some of the prices in the Elder Store Online (ESO) Crown Store. What's even worse it that they've started introducing Gem only items.

Crowns are the in game premium currency that you purchase with real world money. These can be used to buy items or DLC directly. They can also be used to buy Crown Crates. Crown Crates are the lootboxes of ESO. For consumable items received in Crown Crates you can trade these in for Gems, or if you receive a duplicate cosmetic like a costume, hat etc you get a portion of the Gem value of the item instead. Traditionally these could be used to buy individual Lootbox items, although at fairly high costs for the good stuff.

In other words Gems are not directly purchasable, you get them through the Lootbox mechanic.

Over the last month ESO has started having items that cannot be 'won' in a Crown Crate, you have to buy them using gems. That's right, you have to purchase virtual currency, then go through a gambling mechanic to see how many gems you get - if any at all. And these items aren't cheap, they are the most expensive items going at 600 gems for a mount. In some people have calculated that the item is is the equivalent of 21-24k Crowns to get. A 21,000 crown pack will run you £109!

Yes, one hundred and nine pounds.

And yes, there are lots of people defending this on the official forums.

I appreciate that ESO is run by Zenimax but still under the Bethesda banner and I don't think it is co-incidental that these hikes and frankly scummy practices have come along at the same time as Fallout 76.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Yeah how about you inform your opinion in a non-condescending way instead of accusing me of having an agenda, seems way more productive, no?

I also said that I almost believe it's real in regards to the recent MTX Lootboxes push and the mess that's going on with Fallout 76, which you can't deny in any way. Also the original thread was closed because it was a 4chan rumor, which to be fair it's to be taken with a grain of salt, but it makes you wonder if there are parts of it being true with all of this going on.
I'm very sorry. I didn't meant to sound condescending, I'm not mad at you but for how that story even reached ERA because it's simply unverified and quite frankly pure nonsense when you think about it. If that story is being brought up in every thread then we certainly have low discussion standards here. Sorry again.

The atoms dry up once all the basic challenges are done for progression and you're stuck with the weekly and daily ones which give you 200-300 a week. Based on the amount you've gotten you are very close to be at the point where you will only get 200-300 a week and so basically one expensive item from the shop a month if you religiously do the dailies and weeklies.

So you get 1-2 free expensive items for all the first time challenges you can't repeat and then 1 a month after that dries up.

This system in no way, shape or form allows you to consistently buy things on the Atomic Shop, so no, not even close.
Thanks for clearing that up, I never really paid attention why or how because you seem to get quite a lot in the beginning. Getting more than a handful of shop items for free seems like a real grind in that case.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever decided to forego story driven character interaction and towns to make this game into a cashgrab of atom shop, perk card buying and multiplayer can fuck right off. They turned it into the same watered down detrimental slop people are complaining about in the industry...worse even since the combat is bad for such a multiplayer driven game.

The one Fallout set in my home state and its so bad I can't even walk around and find things to enjoy. Most I get is a "oh hey thats clarksburg beer. I know Clarksburg" or a " oh hey there another landmark Im familiar with". Screw it. Not enough.

You can find me on The Outer Worlds when it launches enjoying a traditional Fallout experience properly.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very sorry. I didn't meant to sound condescending, I'm not mad at you but for how that story even reached ERA because it's simply unverified and quite frankly pure nonsense when you think about it. If that story is being brought up in every thread then we certainly have low discussion standards here. Sorry again.
No problem, I see your point though about the leak. It's just a shame what's going on at Bethesda and I hope it's not a sign of something.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they realized that they will have a hell of a hard time selling this to new customers so they are out to get all they can from the ones that are devoted.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever decided to forego story driven character interaction and towns to make this game into a cashgrab of atom shop, perk card buying and multiplayer can fuck right off. They turned it into the same watered down detrimental slop people are complaining about in the industry...worse even since the combat is bad for such a multiplayer driven game.

The one Fallout set in my home state and its so bad I can't even walk around and find things to enjoy. Most I get is a "oh hey thats clarksburg beer. I know Clarksburg" or a " oh hey there another landmark Im familiar with". Screw it. Not enough.

You can find me on The Outer Worlds when it launches enjoying a traditional Fallout experience properly.

Not that this game deserves it, but in all fairness you cannot buy perk card packs...yet. And the lunchboxes (lootboxes) leaked are for player effects like extra damage and such for a short time, so those won't have perk card packs either.

But they are ripe for exploitation.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Not like Bethesda doesn't have form. You should see some of the prices in the Elder Store Online (ESO) Crown Store. What's even worse it that they've started introducing Gem only items.

Crowns are the in game premium currency that you purchase with real world money. These can be used to buy items or DLC directly. They can also be used to buy Crown Crates. Crown Crates are the lootboxes of ESO. For consumable items received in Crown Crates you can trade these in for Gems, or if you receive a duplicate cosmetic like a costume, hat etc you get a portion of the Gem value of the item instead. Traditionally these could be used to buy individual Lootbox items, although at fairly high costs for the good stuff.

In other words Gems are not directly purchasable, you get them through the Lootbox mechanic.

Over the last month ESO has started having items that cannot be 'won' in a Crown Crate, you have to buy them using gems. That's right, you have to purchase virtual currency, then go through a gambling mechanic to see how many gems you get - if any at all. And these items aren't cheap, they are the most expensive items going at 600 gems for a mount. In some people have calculated that the item is is the equivalent of 21-24k Crowns to get. A 21,000 crown pack will run you £109!

Yes, one hundred and nine pounds.

And yes, there are lots of people defending this on the official forums.

I appreciate that ESO is run by Zenimax but still under the Bethesda banner and I don't think it is co-incidental that these hikes and frankly scummy practices have come along at the same time as Fallout 76.

ESO is fun and most of the Crown Crate stuff isn't really needed, but ESO Plus and the craft bag is basically the only way to not make inventory management in that game miserable. And ESO Plus basically never goes on sale.

And you can get companions that make your life way easier but they basically cost the equivalent of $50. It's bonkers.

Opa-Opa

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Well, in this instance they can do whatever they want... who are us to set prices for anything, right?

You want to buy, you buy it. You can put an ad for dirty socks for 1.000 dollars. If anyone is buying, it's their problem.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'll say it again, GaaS is the worst thing that has happened to gaming and the fact that it is overwhelmingly successful at making money for all the games just means that we deserve this kind of extraordinary scam.
I am hopeful that in a few years this shit will be long forgotten and become laughable. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What on earth is Bethesda doing over there? They're going to kill every bit of remaining brand loyalty with one poorly-budgeted side project of a game. Completely failing on every front possible for this game, its kind of impressive really.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite exactly the same, but the point stands

Fallout 76 is copying TESO pricing which is bullshit too. It gets more of a pass because it's actually a good game, but the value proposition is completely fucked.

The greed is off the scales.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Remember Final Fantasy XIV 1.0? How an online entry in a mega-popular RPG series launched as an absolute mess? How they started a ground-up revamp project and actually stopped billing players until the revamp was done? How they turned it around and now it's one of the most popular MMOs around? Fallout 76 is like someone's playing an RPG for the second time after getting the good ending and making all the opposite choices.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I know it's only cosmetic, but still...All microtransactions are a mistake.

And if the Lunchbox thing is true...Oh boy.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
What on earth is Bethesda doing over there? They're going to kill every bit of remaining brand loyalty with one poorly-budgeted side project of a game. Completely failing on every front possible for this game, its kind of impressive really.

if anything, they have gotten away with a lot. Idk why people revere Skyrim and Oblivion and Fallout 3 so much. They're all jank, except now all those jank had gone online. The jank isn't funny anymore. The bugs aren't entertaining anymore. Finally, people see what these games really are.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How absurd.

This game deserves to tank hardcore and the people that bought it should feel bad.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how the Bethesda employees who has nothing to do with 76 feel. I hope the higher ups learn the right lesson from all this.

Buzzman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind microtransactions, but this is ridiculous for a $60 game, especially assuming there's no other way to earn the currency.
You can earn like 800 atoms per week in repeatable challenges/missions, not counting the thousands you get from the main quest.

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, LOL for this dildo.
b4OnPM3.jpg

Come on buddy, red rocket, red rocket!

Secondly, Bethesda trying to drain the fanboys with this shop. The santa suit, which is typically an xmas event drop/gift in all event games, costs what? $30?

Finally, the lootboxes were always were, they just weren't sold for the real money (talking about card packs).

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I've bought some cosmetic stuff in various games before. Even in singleplayer games where there's no real social bragging element to it.

But who in the actual fuck is gonna spend that much money on a prop for your base in a game where you can't keep your base and have to try and pick a new spot for it every single time you log in?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I honestly just don't understand how there are still such things as Fallout 76 players at this point. Like sure, maybe you just like wandering around the world and have hopes that the game will "get there" but everything around it has just been a big "fuck you" to the remaining player base. What benefit comes with sticking around through this storm?
That's what I don't understand either. It blows my mind anyone would put up with it. Even the most die hard fallout fans have to realize how much of a joke it is right?

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
It's stuff like this that makes it important to stay vigilant about this sort of thing, because publicly traded companies are always going to want to make more and more money and this is one way to do it.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is probably going to make so much money on its online that no lessons will be learned.