• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching season one and it's still so good. I really hope zendaya wins that Emmy. Also Nate is a goddamn cold fucker in his reveal scene with Jules.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Just watched this in 2 sittings lmao

What a fucking great show...I loved everything about it except for the musical number at the end. One of the best shows I've seen in a long, long time.

I did think the Nate plot got a little to...13 Reasons Why in extremities but this show absolutely shits on 13RW at every level.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Looking forward to jumping back in... but I like to let some episodes build up so I can binge them. I might cave after the 2nd special hits and watch those together while we're waiting on the actual season 2. I'll check back in later!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Jules' 'special episode' over the weekend and I continue to be floored by this show and these performances. Jules is my favorite character and this was probably Hunter's strongest work to date, which is saying something - what an absurdly talented actress.

Visually it was peak Euphoria as well, just *chef's kiss*. Fingers crossed the schedule holds and they can start filming S2 next month.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 started filming yesterday

Zendaya
vlcsnap-2021-04-06-14thkbn.png

Hunter's short hair
eynpw77xeam7lfis7k7y.jpg

Possible S2 song previews

Mar 9, 2018
(POSTING HERE SINCE THE OTHER ONE IS S2)

I finally started watching this. Only finished the first episode.

It was interesting. I like how stylish it is. It seems like there is potential for a lot of interesting social commentary. But I think it is also overwhelming, stressful, and exhausting to watch. The amount of messed up relationships and people is just difficult to be exposed to. And the nudity and sexual content felt unsettling to me. I was cringing internally for most of the episode. And I'm not usually affected by that kind of thing.

I think I will watch an episode or two more and see how I like it. I liked another uncomfortable at first series, Handmaids Tale, but I felt there was more to hang onto there (that could be retrospective bias). But I liked it enough by the end of the episode that I'm willing to give this another try.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
It was interesting. I like how stylish it is. It seems like there is potential for a lot of interesting social commentary. But I think it is also overwhelming, stressful, and exhausting to watch. The amount of messed up relationships and people is just difficult to be exposed to. And the nudity and sexual content felt unsettling to me. I was cringing internally for most of the episode. And I'm not usually affected by that kind of thing.

The bolded… yeah. That just increases tenfold as the show progresses.

There's a lot of good performances and cinematography, and representation. But it isn't a pleasant watch, but the things you highlighted are the very core of the show and only escalate more and more.

Don't let me put you off, just forewarning you that it hasn't a hard opening and pivots - it is what it is. Give it a couple of episodes like you intend to, and if it's not for you that's fine.

Some people find it too heavy, some people think the writing is weak and it's narratively lacking. It's definitely not a show of universal appeal or firing on all cylinders. I'm in for it, the positives I said above are enough for me so far.