• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I think there is some genuine disappointment but when you have posters like PlanetSmasher post incessantly deriding MS exclusives but then in another thread cheerleading to have From do another PS exclusive it becomes fishy

Then others who do the whole "Xbox has no games" or "Xbox has only Halo/Forza/Gears"

Or others who say MS needs to put Bethesda multiplat but Pooh-Pooh the idea of Sony or Nintendo having multiplat games
Don't worry, they hate every other Playstation exclusive as well and constantly let us know about it

It's past 5pm in Europe so I'm assuming everything is done and dusted and they'll wait until Monday to announce something

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Yes. Realized means the deal is finished and assets are sold. Providence has closed their position.
Once it is I expect Microsoft to make a speedy press message.

Why not just bundle a Series S with the game at that point?

Please don't open up that Pandora's box again. It just comes down to "reasons' let's just say.

Don't worry, they hate every other Playstation exclusive as well and constantly let us know about it

It's past 5pm in Europe so I'm assuming everything is done and dusted and they'll wait until Monday to announce something
You don't get to to 50,000 comments without controversy.

Doesn't Microsoft have something already scheduled for March? They might put it in there.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I am a fair weather fan. I can easily drop support for a title once it doesn't go the way I want it. I had no interest in Mass Effect when it was on Xbox. I only became a huge fan once it released on PlayStation. If it went exclusive again I would be annoyed but I can live without it.
Beautiful. It's Era encapsulated in one post.

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019
giphy.gif

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
Given how many people in the 360/ps3 era had a ps3 as a "exclusives consoles"/"for the exclusives" and a 360, I find these takes amusing.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
So what kind of announcements are we waiting for now that the deal has gone through?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, looks like we're waiting for Microsoft to dot the is and cross the ts, but it looks like the deal is etched in stone now. We await the celebratory blog post next week.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Thank god it's finally done supposedly. Now Microsoft rip the band aid tell everyone if their games will be exclusives or not😬😬

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
European Commission hasn't published their decision (still reads as "none" on their site), and it's after 6 pm in Brussels. Don't expect any announcements until Monday.

Competition case search

Searches for published decisions can be carried out under policy area, case number, title and date.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You'd have to imagine that any blogpost/press release is surely going to be pretty light on actual content. I don't think people should get their hopes up for some revelatory announcement or anything. It's basically the same news as last time but now, we presume, it's official. I don't see them using the opportunity to, for example, announce a bunch of games or say 'SUCK IT, NERDS, ELDER SCROLLS EXCLUSIVE FOREVERRR'.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Time to unleash all those games for Game Pass!!!

Would kill for a Quake 1 port.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
You'd have to imagine that any blogpost/press release is surely going to be pretty light on actual content. I don't think people should get their hopes up for some revelatory announcement or anything. It's basically the same news as last time but now, we presume, it's official. I don't see them using the opportunity to, for example, announce a bunch of games or say 'SUCK IT, NERDS, ELDER SCROLLS EXCLUSIVE FOREVERRR'.

Yeah, there are some people expecting a "pre-E3" and it'll probably be a blogpost welcoming them and that's it.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
A bit odd that the deadline has passed and they haven't said anything, no?

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there are some people expecting a "pre-E3" and it'll probably be a blogpost welcoming them and that's it.

My expectation is, exactly like you said, a blog post, HOWEVER, I expect that blog post to include a date, maybe a week or two away, for some sort of "Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda Spring Showcase" or a spring "Inside Xbox + Bethesda." I think Xbox needs some sort of Spring stream to date Psychonauts, Flight Sim, and As Dusk Falls ANYWAYS, and something like that might be the perfect venue for some initial Bethesda news (Wolf 3, Arkane Austin project, Starfield news, confirmation of Deathloop for PC Game Pass, etc).

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So what kind of announcements are we waiting for now that the deal has gone through?
More vague statements about games being exclusive to Xbox-"Family" ... or not. Or maybe. Or timed-exclusive. Or whatever.
I really don't know what people expect. Oh well, I actually know exactly what some people expect/hope for ...

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of buying the $300 special edition of a game that comes with some useless junk, you can now buy the $300 special edition of a game that comes with an Xbox.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I dont know, if I was in charge of writing the blog post I would put 'SUCK IT NERDS' word for word.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that there won't be any new game announcements, but I do expect them to describe a bit more about "what it all means" and that would include the exclusivity convention. I hope because the discussion is getting long in the tooth and it would be in everyone's best interest to just come out and clarify what's going to happen moving forward.

Grubb alluded to them talking more about how the future looks once the deal is closed, but we'll see. But yeah all big announcements are gonna be E3.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god it's finally done supposedly. Now Microsoft rip the band aid tell everyone if their games will be exclusives or not😬😬
I highly doubt MS makes a general blanket statement in regards to exclusivity of Bethesda's games but everybody should assume they will be until announced otherwise per individual game.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I highly doubt MS makes a general blanket statement in regards to exclusivity of Bethesda's games but everybody should assume they will be until announced otherwise per individual game.
That would really suck , with ms having great pr along for Xbox , this will be a bad pr if they don't clear this up imo.