• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
This one for me. Thanks for the heads-up!
Also Shadow Tactics looks really interesting. Commandos gameplay set in feudal Japan sounds great, and at that price it's very tempting.
Does anyone know if there's an option for Japanese VO?
Shadow Tactics does have Japanese voices and they sound great. Go for it!

...and then get Desperados 3 as well! :D

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
Great sale!

Went for:

Crosscode
Huntdown
Hyper Light Drifter
Untitled Goose Game

A friend of mine is urging me to buy Subnautica and Outer Wilds but these games look a bit like work to me. Your advice, Era? And what about Children of Morta? I see Jim Sterling liked this game.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Its terrible. If you play on the official servers, there's rubber banding every 5 or so minutes. It performs much better on PS5 than it did on the PS4, but its still quite rough. Its a very unforgiving game, your dinos can be kill while youre offline by other dinos, mostly Alphas. For the most part your base wont get damaged if your offline, but these dinosaurs can get through and around things sometimes.

Also it takes forever to tame a Dino, and seconds to have it die on you. My friend and i tamed a Pteranodon, took him out for a fly, and we landed somewhere that looked safe. The raptors had not loaded in yet, so when they did load in, our poor Pterry died within seconds.

On official servers, most land is claimed already, and a lot of resources are hard to come by.

Offline is a whole different beast. You can somewhat customise the game to be easier and faster, but you lose the community aspect. And the game is still rather time consuming and rough.

I'd stay away, if i could get my money back, i would.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I watched my friends kid play it on PS4 and it looked bad both visually and gameplay. That's all I can add.
Should run fine, seeing how decent-ish it runs on XsX. It's not the best survival sim (I prefer Don't Starve and Subnautica) but it's fun. And DINOS!
Its terrible. If you play on the official servers, there's rubber banding every 5 or so minutes. It performs much better on PS5 than it did on the PS4, but its still quite rough. Its a very unforgiving game, your dinos can be kill while youre offline by other dinos, mostly Alphas. For the most part your base wont get damaged if your offline, but these dinosaurs can get through and around things sometimes.

Also it takes forever to tame a Dino, and seconds to have it die on you. My friend and i tamed a Pteranodon, took him out for a fly, and we landed somewhere that looked safe. The raptors had not loaded in yet, so when they did load in, our poor Pterry died within seconds.

On official servers, most land is claimed already, and a lot of resources are hard to come by.

Offline is a whole different beast. You can somewhat customise the game to be easier and faster, but you lose the community aspect. And the game is still rather time consuming and rough.

I'd stay away, if i could get my money back, i would.
Thanks for the input.
Yeh might skip it lol

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Great sale!

Went for:

Crosscode
Huntdown
Hyper Light Drifter
Untitled Goose Game

A friend of mine is urging me to buy Subnautica and Outer Wilds but these games look a bit like work to me. Your advice, Era? And what about Children of Morta? I see Jim Sterling liked this game.

Children of Morta is pretty good, almost as good as Hades .

However you may not like Subnautica because I felt the same way after 9 hours of playing it, it felt like work, but I'm in the minority

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
If you are on the fence, you shouldnt hesitate to pick up Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition at £4.63. Honestly it is one of the best games ever

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Now that with the sale we have a lot of roguelites, how would you rank them? I have Dont starve, Dead Cells, Hades, Enter the gungeon, Curse of the dead gods and Everspace, waiting on Returnal for the unholy septimtate to be ready. Children of Morta I found the progress was very much blocked due to the massive gold sink, does it get better?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
One worth mentioning is Hyper Light Drifter, that game so very rarely goes on any sort of sale, at least on PSN. The last sale was just over a year ago.

Now that with the sale we have a lot of roguelites, how would you rank them? I have Dont starve, Dead Cells, Hades, Enter the gungeon, Curse of the dead gods and Everspace, waiting on Returnal for the unholy septimtate to be ready. Children of Morta I found the progress was very much blocked due to the massive gold sink, does it get better?

For me

Enter the Gungeon
Spelunky
Issac
Dead Cells
Rogue Legacy

Everspace I think isn't very good personally. I didn't get a lot of joy from the combat but on Playstation this was perhaps because of the control issue that I experienced. Specifically you have to HOLD L3 to boost. Which makes just moving each are a huge chore. There's no custom remapping that fixes this issue either, if I recall. You could partially remedy it with the accessibility options on the Playstation, but that usually creates additional issues.

Oct 27, 2017
If you are on the fence, you shouldnt hesitate to pick up Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition at £4.63. Honestly it is one of the best games ever

Not only that but it's incredible value for money as the game has *tons* of content. According to Howlongtobeat it takes ~26 hours to beat the main game (I would have guessed a lot higher personally) and then there's all of the DLC included. Heck, the game was only about £11 when it first launched on PS4 and it was fantastic value back then!

Anyway, I bought 5 games in this sale:

Slay the Spire (I've done 2.5 runs and it's already fantastic)
Sayonara Wild Hearts (very stylish and wonderful music although the gameplay is a little simplistic)
Outcast: Second Contact (only played about 30 minutes so far but it kind of reminds me of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion with guns)
Flashback (not played yet)
Crypt of the Necrodancer (not sure it's for me but it was cheap)

I'm still thinking about a couple of others too but I must leave it there!