• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 7, 2020
Italy
Got Pathologic 2, Cloudpunk, Spirit Farer and Return of the Obra Dinn in my cart.

Also keeping an eye on: Kentucky route zero, Ashen, Hunt Showdown, The outer wilds, Windsbound and Far Lone sails.

I can only buy 4/5 games for budgetary reasons, what should I get in your opinion?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I love it. Super cool vibe. Fun, Souls like gameplay. It almost almost my GOTY list whenever that was (2019..?) but ultimately made like number 11 or something.

Good reviews here!

opencritic.com

Ashen Reviews

Ashen is rated 'Strong' after being reviewed by 54 critics, with an overall average score of 80. It's ranked in the top 17% of games and recommended by 84% of critics.

That's very tempting...

I might just go for it. My experience with non-From Soulslikes has been not great at all, but I'm willing to take a chance as it looks very lovingly made.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Got Pathologic 2, Cloudpunk, Spirit Farer and Return of the Obra Dinn in my cart.

Also keeping an eye on: Kentucky route zero, Ashen, Hunt Showdown, The outer wilds, Windsbound and Far Lone sails.

I can only buy 4/5 games for budgetary reasons, what should I get in your opinion?

Outer Wilds (this is a lock)
Obra Dinn
Kentucky Route Zero
Ashen
Spiritfarer

That's a hell of a bundle of games.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

Damn, I missed Pathologic 2. Thanks for the heads up. I might pick that one as well.

I'm also wondering if Kentucky Route Zero would be to my taste, since I've mostly enjoyed atmospheric adventures, like What Remains of Edith Finch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, AbzĆ», Journey, and The Unfinished Swan. Picked Deliver Us to the Moon, since it seems to be right up my alley.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Shadow Tactics is a fantastic game and for that price should be unmissable for anyone barely interested in the genre.

Thumbs up also for Valfaris and Outer Wilds.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I search on PS5 for Deliver us the Moon I can only find the soundtrack not the game itself, what's up with that?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Giant Bomb's discussion on Spiritfarer in the GotY discussions (mainly Navarro) has put that on my alert list. Might pick that up too for when I want something a bit more chilled out.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Picking these up for sure:

- Oxenfree
- Downwell
- Shadow Tactics

But one of these has to go, help me out here ERA:

- Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- Tesla vs Lovecraft
- Steamworld Dig
- Steamworld Heist

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Picking these up for sure:

- Oxenfree
- Downwell
- Shadow Tactics

But one of these has to go, help me out here ERA:

- Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- Tesla vs Lovecraft
- Steamworld Dig
- Steamworld Heist

I haven't played Tesla vs Lovecraft so naturely I'd choose that to go. Dunno though, might be great!

I will say that Steamworld Dig 2 is the one to get over Steamworld Dig 1. It's just outright a better game and fine to just play that one without the first game.

Crypt, Heist and Guacamelee are all fantastic.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
only EU? :( Sale is nowhere to be found on PSN BR.

Correction: it's up on Brazil :)

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I wish River city girls had went a bit cheaper
I have them all already but if your into rougelikes this is a great sale. One Step from eden just got a big free update a few weeks ago too that added a good bit to the game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Is Valfaris as brutal as Slain?
I thought they were made by the same devs but apparently not.

Trophies are challenging in Valfaris (but people save scum for some of the harder ones and this drop down the difficulty). Aside from trophies, playing the game normally it's nothing impossible or super frustrating.
It's much better than Slain.

I guess it's about time I pick up Nex Machina.

Don't sleep on it. Best Housemarque work yet.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Shadow Tactics definitely for me. Anyone played Fantasy General 2? I've had my eye on it a while but I'm not very good at the genre.

panda-zebra

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
My kind of sale. I got these 11 games waiting in my basket, under Ā£20 and just need a PSN voucher from shopto at 12% off... but the site died on me at the last second, bah:

Oxenfree
Everything
Indie Bundle: Shiness and Seasons After Fall
Glass Masquerade Double Pack Bundle
Instant Indie Collection Vol 5
Hidden Through Time
Hand of Fate 2 (loved the first one)

Having to hang around is tempting me to add in Dounut County even though I already played it on gamepass, doing it again for the platinum would be worth it I think but I said I had Ā£20 to blow after buying 2 games already this week.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
This is an amazing sale, i dont get people saying otherwise.combined with the other current sales, psn sales are the best...

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Currently leaning towards the following:

Lonely Mountains: Downhill
Spiritfarer
The Last Campfire
Below

The latter is the one I'm unsure about. If I remember rightly it's meant to be ballachingly hard. Will do some digging, or if anyone here has played it and can give impressions on it that would be awesome.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
playing the game normally it's nothing impossible or super frustrating.
It's much better than Slain.
giphy.gif

Faith

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It was only last week where I was bitching in the sale thread about River City Girls never having been on sale and now it is. The discount isn't as big as I hoped but I'll probably still pick it up seeing as it's the 1st time it's been discounted on the EU store.

I'll have Ā£8.50 to spend afterwards, need to take a long hard look at the giant list and see if there is anything that interests me. Might end up picking up Nex Machina, I've been playing a lot of Geometry Wars 3 recently and feel like another twin stick shooter might be a good purchase.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 4 and Indie bundle: Shiness and Seasons after Fall for 5 bucks total. Also ordered physical copy of Steamworld Dig 2 for 10 euros (includes a poster) instead of getting it digital. Pretty cheap.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Don't sleep on Banner Saga folks, especially if you like good turn based combat.

Sep 23, 2018
I'm sort of predisposed to like John Wick Hex (fan of the films as well as Bithell's style of games - Volume being a particular favourite) but I'm unsure if I would enjoy the gameplay of it. I'm not sure I can recall a game I've played similar to it, though I loved Lara Croft and Hitman Go I'm not sure that they compare. Anyone who has played it care to share their thoughts on JWH?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Which is the most realistic and best billiard game? Is it Brunswick Pro Billiards?

And how's Airport Simulator and PBA Pro Bowling?

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmƶ, Sweden
Does anyone know fun 2D/3D games like Gris, limbo, inside, arise, journey. These types of games exploring with awesome soundtrack. I have been on these games lately and I love them

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
I have a lot of the titles already from this sale but there's still loads more I'm tempted by.

• Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 1 Ā£0.89 Ā£1.79
Stealth Inc 2
Thomas Was ALone
The Swapper'
  • Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 2 Ā£0.99 Ā£1.99
The Swindle
Nova-111
Pumped BMX +
  • Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 3 Ā£0.99 Ā£1.99
Action Henk
Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure
10 Second Ninja X for PS4 and Vita
  • Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 4 Ā£1.24 Ā£2.49
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Hue for PS4 and Vita
The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition
  • Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 5 Ā£1.09 Ā£2.19
Human: Fall Flat
Manual Samuel
The Little Acre

All for Ā£5.20 with Plus seems amazing

Thanks for this. I'd have probably missed these otherwise. I think all these packs are cheaper (with Plus) than the individual cost of any one of the games included. I was going to buy Little Acres @ Ā£1.99 and it's Ā£1.09 in Pack 5 with Manual Samuel (I have Human Fall Flat). Likewise Flame in the Flood @ Ā£2.:39 but Ā£1.24 in Pack 4 (I already have Dear Esther and Hue).

Has anyone played Everything? I'm tempted at that at Ā£2.99 and I seem to recall it being in a list by Edge of 'feel good titles' for lockdown #1 last year!

Also I did also get quite excited that Bubble Bobble had finally been reduced for the first time since its release in 2016, then I realised it was Puzzle Bobble!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Should I buy ark survival evolved?
For what it's worth I'll be playing on ps5, so I think that somewhat solves a lot of the performance issues that plagued this on ps4.

Not sure if I'd even like it, but... DINOS!

Last edited:

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Just wanted to shout out that my title, Outbreak: The New Nightmare on PS5 is 40% off in this sale (50% off for PS+). Didn't see it in the list. Thanks! :)

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just wanted to shout out that my title, Outbreak: The New Nightmare on PS5 is 40% off in this sale (50% off for PS+). Didn't see it in the list. Thanks! :)
Hey, I remember your title not being listed in one of my older sales threads. Is there maybe something in the backend which isn't getting picked up when all these sites like Psprices pull the lists from?

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Hey, I remember your title not being listed in one of my older sales threads. Is there maybe something in the backend which isn't getting picked up when all these sites like Psprices pull the lists from?

Hi. Honestly, no clue. :( The sales are in the same bucket as the other titles, but I'm not sure how they pull this data from the source.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Bought Deliver Us The Moon Digital Deluxe, now that it's finally on sale. The included soundtrack made it even a better deal.
Do you know how it runs on PS5?

It's one of those games that's listed as having potential issues if played on PS5. Which is the only thing stopping me from buying it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Buy shadow tactics! It's amazing. Especially if you liked the commandos series.

Tempted by plagues tale and ashen. But only if ashen isn't as hard as a souls game..I just can't be bothered with any frustration at the moment. Theres also a few others on that list like thimbleweed but I feel those would fit my switch a bit better.