• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
He's done some shady things in the past, but it seems like he may have changed with time and is pushing for the same goal as me in this instance. We're going to need people to change to make a difference, so if it seems like someone is try to, I wont just bring up everything they've done wrong in the past.

I agree with this somewhat.

I think he should at least pin point to racism from within the YouTube community... A lot of these creators should.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm not a huge fan of Ethan or his opinions, but I watched the whole video. I recommend people actually do look at it before they dish out their pre-decided statements.

That is all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of Ethan or his opinions, but I watched the whole video. I recommend people actually do look at it before they dish out their pre-decided statements.

That is all.
Why would I waste my time when there are literally hundreds of content creators more interesting and less scummy.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
He's done some shady things in the past, but it seems like he may have changed with time and is pushing for the same goal as me in this instance. We're going to need people to change to make a difference, so if it seems like someone is try to, I wont just bring up everything they've done wrong in the past.
I don't understand people saying shit like "he seems to be changing for the better" or whatever. He made a video calling out "All Lives Matter" dipshits in 2016. This video shows nothing more than him having pretty much the same views on this issue that he did years ago. But one of the biggest problems with him is the fact that he's friends with the same people he's called out as being racist. Not that it isn't still shitty but I can at least understand continuing to be friends with like JonTron because he was friends with Jon before Jon said that stupid shit. But what's nonsensical to me is the fact that he became friends with Joey Salads AFTER making tons of videos calling the dude out for being racist. Like "yeah, you're a horrible piece of shit who makes fake pranks to push a horrible agenda but you don't push a horrible agenda against me personally, so let's be buddies".

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of you denouncing Ethan better be drawing a line with all the racists in your lives too.
You make it seem like being pals with someone that is concerned with brown people contaminating the gene pool is so common . Most people have friends or family with varying beliefs, but he said stuff that would make everyone's racist uncle's blush

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of you denouncing Ethan better be drawing a line with all the racists in your lives too.
Yes, I do.

But even if someone doesn't, what kind of logic is this crap? If you don't denounce every evil, you must accept every evil?

Also, go actually find out why Jon Tron is a racist POS. He isn't "casually" racist; he's literally "the blacks and browns are contaminating the gene pool" racist.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
He defends a guy who doesn't want certain races in the "gene pool".
You know, like the literal, down to the letter, definition of a racist.

I don't care what the SS...sorry, Police, did, does or will do to him.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread doesn't seem like it's going to lead to productive discussion, so it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.