• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
After reading this I watched stream (on ytube) he did with poopernoodle, the way he treats her is despicable. That guy is not only a looser but also a massive scumbag and deserves everything coming his way.
I don't really wanna watch the video, but just so I'm a 100% clear on this he streamed with her the same day that he raped her? Because that's how I have been reading the comments about the stream with her. People make it sound like it all happened at the same time. And she was still visibly upset? So much so that Twitch chat knew something was wrong?

Am I understanding that right?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really wanna watch the video, but just so I'm a 100% clear on this he streamed with her the same day that he raped her? Because that's how I have been reading the comments about the stream with her. People make it sound like it all happened at the same time. And she was still visibly upset? So much so that Twitch chat knew something was wrong?

Am I understanding that right?
Yep that's basically it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yep that's basically it.
J
E
S
U
S

C
H
R
I
S
T

Who the fuck streams video games and interacts with their twitch chat after raping someone WHILE SHE IS STILL IN THE FUCKING HOUSE?????? Not only that but he has her on stream with him????? Was he trying to make it seem like everything was okay as an alibi? Or is he just a fucking sociopath???

God I feel like I need a shower after this thread man.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
J
E
S
U
S

C
H
R
I
S
T

Who the fuck streams video games and interacts with their twitch chat after raping someone WHILE SHE IS STILL IN THE FUCKING HOUSE?????? Not only that but he has her on stream with him????? Was he trying to make it seem like everything was okay as an alibi? Or is he just a fucking sociopath???

God I feel like I need a shower after this thread man.
The whole pretense of the visit was for her to be there and stream with him at his place to gain some cross promotion. So, she was SUPPOSED to be on stream. But when even Twitch chat is like "Why does she seem so fucking shook" you know shit is bad.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The whole pretense of the visit was for her to be there and stream with him at his place to gain some cross promotion. So, she was SUPPOSED to be on stream. But when even Twitch chat is like "Why does she seem so fucking shook" you know shit is bad.
I can't even fathom it. Being put on display like that after what just happened. And I assume he was pretending everything was fine and joking with chat too.

It's blood boiling. It's monsterous.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to double post but one of the members of Method who walked away has come out and claimed that the female GM that resigned today was the first person to say Josh should be removed and she apparently caught loads of shit for it.

Oh and they knew for days this was coming apparently.

I find it particularly interesting that he is very clearly implying that some of the people who walked away in the last couple days absolutely knew what Josh was, but claimed that they didn't.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to double post but one of the members of Method who walked away has come out and claimed that the female GM that resigned today was the first person to say Josh should be removed and she apparently caught loads of shit for it.

I find it particularly interesting that he is very clearly implying that some of the people who walked away in the last couple days absolutely knew what Josh was, but claimed that they didn't.

It's quite obvious that at least a few from the raiding guild knew what happend. He was still raiding with them even after his twitch ban.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018

...What exactly is he trying to say? I'm not too knowledgeable about WOW, have just sort of been reading all of these sexual assault/harassment threads as they pop up to get informed, but didn't she know for literal years before being called out on twitter for acting like she was here for victims when she had done nothing w/ the knowledge for like..2-3 years?

It really does suck if the only way she could keep her job was to be complicit in allowing an absolute creep to keep his job--but that still would be a choice she made to be complicit. Why does it matter if she chose to step down first now, 3 years later? That's way too long and so much damage done to the victims (and risk to potential new victims!!)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
...What exactly is he trying to say? I'm not too knowledgeable about WOW, have just sort of been reading all of these sexual assault/harassment threads as they pop up to get informed, but didn't she know for literal years before being called out on twitter for acting like she was here for victims when she had done nothing w/ the knowledge for like..2-3 years?

It really does suck if the only way she could keep her job was to be complicit in allowing an absolute creep to keep his job--but that still would be a choice she made to be complicit. Why does it matter if she chose to step down first now, 3 years later? That's way too long and so much damage done to the victims (and risk to potential new victims!!)
Oh I didn't know all that. I didn't realize she was one of the ones that was complicit.

Sorry.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

Like I said in a previous post, Darrie deserves the criticism she is getting for her role in all this. She and JB seem aware of that, too. She could have done more and if she couldn't have, she could have quit earlier.

But how this handled makes it seem like they thought Darrie would be a sacrificial lamb. She was effectively the only one taking the brunt of this for days. Which again is part of her job, but she was the only one from leadership doing so. Method fanboys have happily been laying into her while effectively excusing Sco and the rest. Even Djarii has been getting it worse than actual Method leadership, and while I understand the criticism of her role in this, she's not the CEO and she was not management. All while Sco and the rest stayed silent. They let these two women take the majority of the heat and hoped it would fade away.

As mentioned elsewhere, JB is Darrie's boyfriend. He's coming from a biased place and wants to protect his partner. But he's right about how Method has acted though this. I'm sure she has receipts on how exactly this was handled internally and I'm guessing they don't make her or anyone else look good. It will be interesting if those ever come out.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Oh I didn't know all that. I didn't realize she was one of the ones that was complicit.

Sorry.

Oh it's all good, did not mean to come off as if I was accusing you, was more confused by the twitter user's comments if that makes sense. From what I've put together, he's in a relationship w/ Darrie (who was a manager of some sort and aware of the allegations years ago?) and is trying to cover for her in some capacity. But couldn't say that for sure.

edit: I see above JB is Darrie's BF, not husband. Editing comment to reflect that

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Like I said in a previous post, Darrie deserves the criticism she is getting for her role in all this. She and JB seem aware of that, too. She could have done more and if she couldn't have, she could have quit earlier.

But how this handled makes it seem like they thought Darrie would be a sacrificial lamb. She was effectively the only one taking the brunt of this for days. Which again is part of her job, but she was the only one from leadership doing so. Method fanboys have happily been laying into her while effectively excusing Sco and the rest. Even Djarii has been getting it worse than actual Method leadership, and while I understand the criticism of her role in this, she's not the CEO and she was not management. All while Sco and the rest stayed silent. They let these two women take the majority of the heat and hoped it would fade away.

As mentioned elsewhere, JB is Darrie's boyfriend. He's coming from a biased place and wants to protect his partner. But he's right about how Method has acted though this. I'm sure she has receipts on how exactly this was handled internally and I'm guessing they don't make her or anyone else look good. It will be interesting if those ever come out.
Apologies. I had no idea they were in a relationship. I just knew he was one of the people that walked away from Method.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's all good, did not mean to come off as if I was accusing you, was more confused by the twitter user's comments if that makes sense. From what I've put together, he's in a relationship w/ Darrie (who was a manager of some sort and aware of the allegations years ago?) and is trying to cover for her in some capacity. But couldn't say that for sure.

edit: I see above JB is Darrie's BF, not husband. Editing comment to reflect that
Darrie is Sco's girlfriend right?

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Narcolies on stream after announcing he was leaving. https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseAbrasiveCocoaDansGame

I don't know. I'm conflicted about whether or not the people on the main raid team had the obligation to get the fuck out immediately after hearing about the allegations, but the way he's talking on stream indicates he feels just as betrayed.

Messy situation all around.

Edit: not sure the guy speaking in this clip is Narco, think they had multiple people on that stream from Method's raiding team.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Narcolies on stream after announcing he was leaving. https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseAbrasiveCocoaDansGame

I don't know. I'm conflicted about whether or not the people on the main raid team had the obligation to get the fuck out immediately after hearing about the allegations, but the way he's talking on stream indicates he feels just as betrayed.

Edit: not sure the guy speaking in this clip is Narco, think they had multiple people on that stream from Method's raiding team.
Yeah I don't know... I'm conflicted also. I was watching Deepshades also and he basically was saying the same thing about how Josh manipulated them and basically convinced the people he talked to on the raid team that basically everything was BS or manipulated them in other ways to where they believed him. I don't know, it's fucked up all around.

Shit still should of been done though. I really feel bad for everyone that got fucked by Josh that had nothing to do with it nor did not know anything about it though. The management side though... Yikes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Fleks I pretty much having a emotional breakdown, mentioned thoughts about hurting himself. Several other members are in the call trying to calm him down.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Fleks I pretty much having a emotional breakdown, mentioned thoughts about hurting himself. Several other members are in the call trying to calm him down.
See I really do feel bad for them. Let's try to remember that for a lot of these guys (the core raiding team with no say in management), this is a source of living for them. They're on contract I believe and it's easier to believe the guy next to you when he fabricates evidence if it means you'll lose your job otherwise.

Which is why Sco and the rest of the management deserve even more shit for letting this happen and betraying the victims, their members, and their community just for a shot at another world first or two.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think anyone is completely blameless, but management really fucked it up by not taking it seriously from the start.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

The people with the most information and the most ability to act on that information weren't the random raid members, it was Sco and his fellow leaders. Without leadership wanting Josh out, he was never getting out.

Getting out of that org and letting it burn is a good first step for them to move on healthily and for the community. Some could / should have done more. Some of them are directly acknowledging that, some you can just tell by how they talk about it. I think most have an opportunity to recognize their blind spots now, just like everybody has to at some point. But I think most will be able to cleanly move on after time.

edit: I know I've had toxic people I've gamed with. Not to this level, but people that needed to be cut out. They know who needs to be cut out now.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
There is no way anyone from the guild, especially the raid leader, didn't already know about this. It's damn well common knowledge at this point, even people outside of WoW knew.

Everyone's just jumping ship now to avoid being tainted by what they already knew about.

Hoping he actually gets in real trouble for this, forcing her on stream after raping her is one of the most fucked up things I've seen.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord those comments are a cesspool.

Honestly didn't even look at them. The ones that surprise (maybe that's the wrong word) me are the ones around the Dota 2 casters that have been called out. People are so up in arms that their favorite talky guy is being called out and they'd rather blame the victim for potentially ruining the guy's career.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear that MSI has dropped them as well and that the general exodus has continued.

Scott McMillan, the founder and Co-CEO of Method, at least lays claim to being a human being in his statement.
I don't think he should ever work in a position of power again, but maybe there's a chance he won't pivot to cater to alt-right bigots, and instead actually try to redeem himself, if such a thing is even possible.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
@Milennia

Is it the potential scandal in Limited you mentioned? It's so funny to see that some Limit Officials went from mocking at Method's dumpster fire to panic mode so quick on the social media.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
@Milennia

Is it the potential scandal in Limited you mentioned? It's so funny to see that some Limit Officials went from mocking at Method's dumpster fire to panic mode so quick on the social media.

This is Willxo yes.
Known about it for some time but I wasn't going to say anything until the victim came forward.
I don't believe the heads of the guild were actually aware of the extent of it and I think they handled it very quickly after they were if i'm being honest.
Not even 24 hours later the removal happened. This was specifically a bad relationship that involved a lot of emotional abuse on his part, with plenty of screenshots.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
I won't spam with another thread but a group i'm apart of that is trying to clean up the WoW space of this shit recently became aware of an allegation towards FinalbossTV (bay) which isn't really known to people outside of the immediate community but I figure I'll put it here.

I personally knew of ALL of his allegations over the last 2-3 years (once again, a badly kept secret amongst the community, something often memed heavily because the guy just reeks of being a predator) but once again, was unable to move on it until the victims came forward. Only 1 has but it was enough to get him out of the community.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I won't spam with another thread but a group i'm apart of that is trying to clean up the WoW space of this shit recently became aware of an allegation towards FinalbossTV (bay) which isn't really known to people outside of the immediate community but I figure I'll put it here.

I personally knew of ALL of his allegations over the last 2-3 years (once again, a badly kept secret amongst the community, something often memed heavily because the guy just reeks of being a predator) but once again, was unable to move on it until the victims came forward. Only 1 has but it was enough to get him out of the community.

At least the comments are overwhelmingly signs of disgust. Outside of one « stay strong » and a couple « why would she say that now » everyone is telling him to leave for good and that he's a sick fuck

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
At least the comments are overwhelmingly signs of disgust. Outside of one « stay strong » and a couple « why would she say that now » everyone is telling him to leave for good and that he's a sick fuck
He has that overwhelmingly strange "nice guy" attitude and tone. The guy manipulates people into orbiting him. Very sad but thankfully he at least won't be doing this in any gaming community anymore.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
He has that overwhelmingly strange "nice guy" attitude and tone. The guy manipulates people into orbiting him. Very sad but thankfully he at least won't be doing this in any gaming community anymore.
I actually had a chuckle when a few people told him it was time to change his pinned tweet to « out of two jobs ».

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
What was said on that video? I don't get it.

Method's back-covering is painfully transparent. They must know they're in deeeeeep shiiiiiiiiiit.
It was a response to them saying they didn't know because it's Josh himself speaking about an investigation against him on live comms.
We have since had tons of other developments in the last 3 days but yeah.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What was said on that video? I don't get it.

Method's back-covering is painfully transparent. They must know they're in deeeeeep shiiiiiiiiiit.
Queueing in talking about an investigation and how he doesn't think it will go too far etc. Clearly meant to be in a private bind or something, hence everyone else going "JOSH JOSH MUTE HIM" - IE: they all knew. Everyone saying to stop talking.