• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Heh. MethodDarrie has closed her twitter account. Can't hide from sending that email way back when, apparently.
They are just dust at this point.
Sco won't make a statement, the acting GM went on stream and let it all out this morning. Just waiting on Sco to say literally anything.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Sco is going to try and figure out a way to paint it as them still 'not knowing', failing to do so, then waiting to ride this out.
Hopefully more sponsors drop Method entirely.

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently they streamed a black screen with a message 'we will issue a statement soon' for several hours and ran a tonne of ads throughout the stream. Damn literally trying to profit whilst the house burns down :S

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they streamed a black screen with a message 'we will issue a statement soon' for several hours and ran a tonne of ads throughout the stream. Damn literally trying to profit whilst the house burns down :S

That they did. That they did. And they never did issue a statement as far as I'm aware.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah they took it down shortly after Asmongold called method out on it on his twitter. The dude is such a mixed bag, for every two good takes he has a bad one.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Another WoW figure (FinalBoss TV) has had allegations come up against them. Absolutely sad for all the victims, and I'm glad we're cleaning up all these shitty figures now. These are people I spent a lot of time watching before and it sucks that I contributed to their monthly revenue.

Also feeling devastated for Mike (Preach Gaming). He's looked very tired on his stream yesterday talking about cutting ties with Method. He's had a much closer relationship to FinalBoss TV and this one probably hits harder for him. Must be feeling incredibly betrayed right now since these are people he's had his wife and kids in close proximity of.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sympathetic to any of the raiders who are now saying they should have done more but Josh told them everything was a lie. They knew there was a police investigation. Many of them were part of the same discords where Josh showed himself. All of them knew how he acted on stream before he was banned.

They chose to believe him because they wanted to believe him. They aren't passive victims to his lies.

Wotkar

Oct 27, 2017
everyone in method leadership knew. I am sure of it. and if you spent 5 minutes in josh's stream you'd get that it wasn't a character he was putting on. it was literally him.

fuck method

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Good on corsair here. Quick response for a large company.
Their next biggest sponsor is MSI.

Love to see it.
If MSI does nothing, that would definitely be a deciding factor for what goes in my future PC.

Also love to see the general exodus. Leaving as soon as possible is the right, and only thing to do here.
No one should want to work with or for this organization.

Don't know what was up with the Community Manager bouncing around all over the place, but at least she ended up quitting, so that's good.
Apparently she's partially to blame, but I reckon deserves at least a modicum of respect for, after some reflection, acknowledging that and leaving.
Indicates the possibility that perhaps she could actually do better.

Unlike everyone in management, who should've been ousted along with her, but instead opted to sink the whole organization and who should never be allowed in positions of power. Not looking forward to the likely eventual pivot to appeal to alt-right bigots.

Cobra

Mar 2, 2019
Don't worry, they have someone in their ranks who I know of that has some of his own shit.
Not to this extent but emotional abuse and manipulation a fucking plenty.
Won't even mention some of the stuff that's said about people behind the scenes, but it's been a while so idk if it's changed in the last year, definitely hasn't for the people I know in that guild though at least.

Someone made a twitlonger about stuff, a friend of mine but I wont go linking it around without permission.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised, there is a lot of toxicity in the higher end guilds and with these streamers. There's so many disgusting things going on in WoW.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

whats this about? I know about the Method situation, but what happened with finalbosstv? Or are they affiliated with Method?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised, there is a lot of toxicity in the higher end guilds and with these streamers. There's so many disgusting things going on in WoW.
It has little to do with WoW. Those things have been happening for centuries, it's just that, thankfully, we now have the means and exposure to .. expose those people and their shitty practices

I'm positive there are shitty people in my guild who have done despicable things but unless I start digging into everyone's life there's no way for me (or for most file and rank members like myself) to know how shitty they actually are.

I for one am glad those people are getting their long overdue comeuppance

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just went through the Reddit thread where all the links to the women and their stories have been gathered. Made me sick to my stomach.

Method needs to be done. They cannot continue. Blizzard needs to step in and remove them from consideration from all future world first competitions until they are under completely new management from the top down.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Just went through the Reddit thread where all the links to the women and their stories have been gathered. Made me sick to my stomach.

Method needs to be done. They cannot continue. Blizzard needs to step in and remove them from consideration from all future world first competitions until they are under completely new management from the top down.
Most likely the company will not survive, and if it does, it will probably not be with any of the same management it has now but I feel that would kill it eventually anyways. Sco should retire, the guild and company should die, and anyone who was not complicit with what happened should seek other guilds/esports companies to work with.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
www.method.gg

Sponsors - Method - Esports Organisation

Method is an esports organisation dedicated to creating world-class entertainment that celebrates the MMO and RPG communities.
unknown.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bay is the most cliche example of "that guy seemed like such a good dude on videos" >_<

What a colossal disapointment.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wooooooooow.

Fucking awesome on the part of the sponsors.
This doesn't mean all sponsors have gone. Without an official statement from the companies, it just means Method has removed them from their sponsors page, perhaps in an attempt to prevent people from contacting them.

Anyway, here they are.
Yes, contact all their sponsors and partners.
These are the ones they're actively showcasing currently.

@msitweets @msiUSA @Twitch @NordVPN @DouYu_Intl

N6x8TTB.png

Corsair is confirmed to have dropped out.

MSI too.

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that blizzard haven't even commented when compared to how quickly they banned swifty

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
It's weird that blizzard haven't even commented when compared to how quickly they banned swifty

They likely have their lawyers looking at the situation right now. Considering that there were people at Blizzard who knew about this for at least 2 years now, yet they continued promoting Method in the WF race, they're likely trying to figure out how to minimize themselves from exposure. Not that I believe they shouldn't be held responsible for supporting Method for this long while also knowing an alleged child groomer/rapist was among them. Just thinking about things from a corporate standpoint.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, is it though? I think to people that don't follow WoW Method might be like 'oh yeah that's a small/mid tier esports org' but god damn, the implications for wow specifically are so bad.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, is it though? I think to people that don't follow WoW Method might be like 'oh yeah that's a small/mid tier esports org' but god damn, the implications for wow specifically are so bad.
Yeah. Anyone and everyone who plays WoW even it's just casually knows who Method are. They have been the biggest face of high end raiding for awhile now.

This is a huge black eye for Blizzard and WoW.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Sco wrote some hollow bullshit that leaves out the issues they were informed about before 2019:

MSI drops them:

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Method as an org is done , right ? There is no way they're gonna bounce back from this .?

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
Yeah. Anyone and everyone who plays WoW even it's just casually knows who Method are. They have been the biggest face of high end raiding for awhile now.

This is a huge black eye for Blizzard and WoW.

Not to mention that with the amount of information coming out now, the parents of the kids who were groomed (from the time this was brought to Blizzard's attention until now) would be insane to not find a lawyer to file lawsuits and name everyone who was involved and in the know about this, including Blizzard. Blizzard has deep pockets, and a lot of lawyers would love to get their hands in them. They wouldn't even need to go to trial. This would be absolutely devastating to Blizzard and WOW as a brand.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Method as an org is done , right ? There is no way they're gonna bounce back from this .?
My Guess is that a lot of the raiding roster ends up starting something new, which if it includes those that were provably in positions to do something and didn't, blows up in their face still. The brand itself is mega tainted at this point, I assume the people will hope they themselves are not (Spoiler: at least the leadership is).

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't imagine that even if they stay together that they would ever be even a fraction of what they were. The list of sponsors and players that have left are staggering. Many of the players were VERY good players too and will be picked up by other major guilds I assume.

So even if by some stupidity they decide to stay together under the same name sponsors and other recognizable players or content creators will avoid them like the plague. Nobody in their right mind will want their business or personal brand will want to be associated with them.

Now I could see them rebranding under a new name and umbrella, but even then they wouldn't get as big as they were.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It still remains weird to see Method become as big as it did, considering I was in that guild back in Vanilla.

Unsurprising that there are still horrible people in there though. Shame Sco didn't come out with a proper statement, he was a good GM back in the day. Though my class leader Alucardas was better back then.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gingi left, so did Fragrance but I don't know his new twitter handle
In light of recent events I have decided to end my association with Method as I cannot condone the manner in which things have been handled. This also means we will not be representing Method in the MDI Global Finals.
Google doc with everyone who has left the organization / stopped sponsoring:
docs.google.com

method

And now Meeres:
based on the recent events I have decided to end my association with Method. I can't support the way things were handled. This also means we as a team will not be representing Method in the MDI Global Finals.
So the whole MDI team pretty much

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That Sco statement was utter shite. Basically amounts to "I could have done better. I didn't though and I'm super sorry about that. I'm taking a vacation. Bye."

I mean how fucking tone deaf can you possibly be????

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

On wow it self i think this can be good. Suddenly alot of competitions will be more open and interesting.
But for blizzard this is bad, given we know alot of employees knew about the allegations and yet blizz didnt do anything.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some dipshit on Twitter is trying to argue that Method had no legal responsibility to action these allegations against Josh when they first came to light and that its not their fault. Jesus christ.

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
Some dipshit on Twitter is trying to argue that Method had no legal responsibility to action these allegations against Josh when they first came to light and that its not their fault. Jesus christ.

I've been reading about this for 2 days straight on several different message boards. There are a LOT of people out there who are entirely willing to ignore rape and child grooming as long as they can continue being entertained by the accused. It's abhorrent and honestly makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.