• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after three episodes, my main takeaway is that michael jordan is boring as hell. pippen and especially rodman seem like interesting people, but jordan is just mr. basketball man.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
after three episodes, my main takeaway is that michael jordan is boring as hell. pippen and especially rodman seem like interesting people, but jordan is just mr. basketball man.
You're right. I think that's a price many all-time greats pay.

Jordan does have many business interests, though. That's his other obsession and we clearly see his success there with the Jordan Brand.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
If I'm not mistaken Jordan owns a motorcycle racing team and is obsessed with motorcycles and racing in general.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
If I'm not mistaken Jordan owns a motorcycle racing team and is obsessed with motorcycles and racing in general.
He also loves Cigars and Golf. In his prime and while on the playoff runs, sure Jordan was about basketball. The doc is about their last champion runs after all.

But to say he's only interested in basketball is a mischaracterization.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the leaks cant even stop this train:

https://deadline.com/tag/espn/
ESPN's second night of its eight-part Michael Jordan docuseries The Last Dance drew a total of 5.9 million viewers across its third and fourth episodes Sunday, only a slight downtick from its premiere episodes last week

deadline.com

‘The Last Dance’ Remains A Ratings Slam Dunk For ESPN In Week 2 – Update

ESPN's second night of The Last Dance drew a total of 5.9 million viewers across its third and fourth episodes.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I shouldn't be bothered by the way people are spelling Isiah Thomas' name. I don't even like the guy lol.
This doc is better than Tiger King btw. Quote me

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Looks like the leaks cant even stop this train:

https://deadline.com/tag/espn/

deadline.com

‘The Last Dance’ Remains A Ratings Slam Dunk For ESPN In Week 2 – Update

ESPN's second night of The Last Dance drew a total of 5.9 million viewers across its third and fourth episodes.
In a way it was a perfect leak: unfinished and rough around the edges, stock footage in places, bad audio, etc. So you want to watch the finished version. AND it's missing the last two episodes since they're not yet finished.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Here's a good one about KG's first time against MJ w/ J.R. Rider

Starts at around 1:15, ends at 6:45.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was listening to Will Perdue guest co-host for The Score 670 AM in Chicago. The doc made it seem like MJ came to get Dennis in Vegas, but Dennis came back to his apartment accross the street from the Berto Center, the Bulls practice facility. There were many times that someone had to come pick up Dennis. It was usually the assistant trainer. The assistant trainer once came to pick up Dennis and Carmen Electra answered the door buck naked and continued to have a conversation with the assistant trailer in the buff lmao.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Lol everyone gives kawhi shit for missing games... because his body is actually fucked up and he doesn't want to get hurt. He makes up for it by transforming into the second coming of Jordan in the playoffs and wins championships, yet still gets shit.

Imagine if he just... fucked off for a few days cause he wanted to party. Lmao

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Lol everyone gives kawhi shit for missing games... because his body is actually fucked up and he doesn't want to get hurt. He makes up for it by transforming into the second coming of Jordan in the playoffs and wins championships, yet still gets shit.

Imagine if he just... fucked off for a few days cause he wanted to party. Lmao
Sounds like Jr Henny Smith during his knicks days. But he showed up at the garden hungover

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for bringing this doc to my attention, as it's from a time where I did follow basketball. Still the only NBA game I ever went to, was when the Bulls were @ the Hawks in the omni, to see Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. Got to be within feet of them as I was near the visitor room ramp/tunnel side. Game had to have been between 1995 and 1998 (kids, the memory starts to go away faster than you think). Putting me around 14-17 years old then.

This series is bringing back my memory, with both the excellence of the Bulls, but also the music, how people dressed, and the SD-ness of all video formats back then.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix supposedly invested $20 million in this doc and they don't even get premier rights in N America. Supposedly that money is what finally got Jordan on board after this thing had been languishing for decades. MJ must have gotten a mint.

My sister who's favourite show is Big brother and doesn't watch any sports, says this doc is better than tiger king.

I hope Netflix sees these numbers and starts releasing more shows weekly.

The weekly release is an ESPN thing. They are content starved at the moment. If this were 100% Netflix production they'd have released it all at once.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Netflix supposedly invested $20 million in this doc and they don't even get premier rights in N America. Supposedly that money is what finally got Jordan on board after this thing had been languishing for decades. MJ must have gotten a mint.

The weekly release is an ESPN thing. They are content starved at the moment. If this were 100% Netflix production they'd have released it all at once.

But Jordan is a billionaire. Even earning all 20 million would be a modest dent in his wealth.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
In a sense this was a "Hey remember me?" The history of MJ is very poetic in a sense. So many things just aligned themselves perfectly from the explosion of Television, innovation in footwear, the right antagonists, the turmoil, tragedy and resurgence. He peaked just when media had reached its highest point before it could no longer be controlled. What I mean by that is, that his image for sure wouldn't have been what it was had it not been for lack of social media.

But above all else, no one has ever been so successful while also having such a competitive attitude. I mean no one has been as competitive and determined as this man was. Drove him to be the very best every single night.

psyer

Oct 27, 2017
is there any way to watch any full michael jordan games? ESPN only has snippets on youtube.
If you have ESPN+, they have 4 of the games that were talked about on in the documentary so far. They seem to be adding more games as each episode is aired.

- Chicago vs. Boston (1986)
- Chicago vs. Cleveland - "The Shot" (1989)
- Chicago vs. Cleveland (1990)
- Bulls vs. Lakers (1991)

www.espn.com

The Last Dance and more | Videos | Watch ESPN

Watch videos from the The Last Dance and more collection on Watch ESPN

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
If you have ESPN+, they have 4 of the games that were talked about on in the documentary so far. They seem to be adding more games as each episode is aired.

- Chicago vs. Boston (1986)
- Chicago vs. Cleveland - "The Shot" (1989)
- Chicago vs. Cleveland (1990)
- Bulls vs. Lakers (1991)

www.espn.com

The Last Dance and more | Videos | Watch ESPN

Watch videos from the The Last Dance and more collection on Watch ESPN

that 86 game is a must watch. Michael vs 4 HOF'ers and drops still holding the playoff record for points without a single 3 attempted. 54% from the field.............just fucking insane to watch that

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting more on the actual season but these last episodes just feel like retrospectives on each player's career.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing Michael get strung through fuck out with just the mention of Isaiah Thomas name. It's fucking hilarious how much he hates him

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there has been like what, 5-10 minutes of the fabled vaulted footage so far? I'm still enjoying it for nostalgic reasons but most of it has been a really familiar potted history.

according to Bill Simmons the footage really ramps up over the rest of the episodes. The first four were more to establish MJ, Pippen, Phil, Krause and Rodman.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love this

kgwfzow.gif

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You think Detroit would beat the Celtics with Stockton? Or the Bulls? Or Magic's Lakers?
Does Stockton have Laimbeer, Dumars, Rodman and co ? If so yes.
How many HOFs did the Celtics and Pistons have ? Context is key.

LMAO. The disrespect Stockton gets. Put Isiah on that Jazz team in the 90s. They ain't winning a chip either.

Stockton is just as good as Isiah. Wether you think Isiah is better or not I mean both are exceptional PGs I won't knock anyone for picking one over the other.
But saying Isiah is that much better ? smh.