• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My hardcore shooter friends are obsessed with this. It's literally all they play anymore.

I'm trying to get into it but it isn't grabbing me like it did them.

It does what it sets out to do very admirably though. It's a little nuts how detailed the guns and gunplay are.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
How is this game? ive watched streams briefly but wasnt sure about it.

I love it but it's a pretty hardcore game. The gunplay has ruined other FPS for me. The sound and graphics are great. I always jump when shots or a grenade goes off.

They still have work to do on performance,dysnc, bugs, and adding more maps and features. They have been patching pretty regularly lately. Suppose to be getting a new map in a couple of weeks.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What is the engine like now, do you need a monster machine still?

Still runs like ass for me on my mid range setup (970, i5). I've seen streams of ppl with 1080s getting 40fps as well so I think the engine is just unoptimized.

I really enjoy the game so I think it's a good time to jump in if it's a game that interests you. Right now you can't increase your stash size but they are suppose to be adding that in the future. How you will increase it and by how much i don't know.

I have an old I5 4670K, gtx 770 in sli (game doesn't really take advantage of sli) and 24G of ram. The game is playable but no where near smooth. I recently OC my chip and they have recently patched to make the game smoother but my FPS is still 50 - 70 depending on map with dips into the 30s. Lots of optimization still left to be done.

It's Unity.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an ETA of when they will have their next 25% off sale? Like do they do it during certain holidays? Besides the christmas sale I missed.

I'm not sure. I believe they have had them on holidays. I just started playing right after Christmas so I missed the sale as well. I'm hoping they have one around open beta or sooner since I may upgrade my standard edition to the EOD one.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Long time eft player here. Can't be bothered explaining why this game isn't P2W but this video by one of the biggest EFT content creators Kotton does an ok job.

https://youtu.be/kPLGJ5al28Y

Literally the only thing that matters from the various editions is stash size and gamma container. I'd say spending more gives more QoL, not any real advantage.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
You dont need to come and explain how its not pay to win. Ill tell you what is pay to win: Survarium. I have already seen that you can get things like the epsilon case which is 2x4 by just playing the game.

What they do need to do is fix the lag because even when youtubers are cherry picking the game footage and its lagging in there, you know its fucked.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Was more just a general response after seeing this thread for the first time.

And yeah it's a grind but you can get bigger case by playing, just not the stash size upgrades. Has been said that'll be in the final game though.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
It's definitely a considerable step up in being 'hardcore' as it's more of a mil sim but it's really just a steeper learning curve. Once you learn the game it all becomes pretty simple.

I'd suggest watching some streams or YouTubers, some of big ones are Kotton, DevilDogGamer, Deadlyslob, Klean, Eroktic. if still unsure wait for the eventual open beta.

Also as others have said you can start with the standard edition and upgrade later by just paying the difference. I fell in love with the game and upgraded when they had a 25% off sale.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
If I feel that PUBG is hardcore enough for me ( and I do love the game ), is Tarkov... Too much?

I can't play PUBG anymore after playing this.I just love the movement and gunplay in ETF to much. It's definitely more hardcore than PUBG but as VWdrewz said once you learn the game it's not to bad.

All the streamers VWdrewz listed are good. I want to add Smoke, SheriffEli, and Sequisha to the list as well. They are very entertaining and helped me decide if I wanted to buy the game or not.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Success in this game largely depends on learning the maps and understanding spawn locations and cycles. Also, understanding how the sound system works to locate other players.

Guys like Kotton can sprint around maps and wreck shop while I'm creeping with sweaty palms. Need to play more haha

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fun fact: This runs on Unity.

tumblr_llielt6Tff1qaimf2o1_500.gif

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
New Q&A up on reddit with Nikita.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Escapefrom...usive_nikita_buyanov_answers_cz_sk_community/

Hello, Escapers!

We are proud to be able to bring you an exclusive interview with the head of Battlestate Games and the head of Escape from Tarkov. Our questions were answered directly by Nikita Buyanov. The interview is primarily intended for the gamesite.sk portal in cooperation with our tarkovcsr.com website. Nikita is interviewed by an official community representative for the Czech Republic and Slovakia - Ján "HajDEO" Schneider.

Q. We will not beat around the bush, so let's get to what the players are most interested in. Open beta, I do not expect you to give us the date, but we're mainly interested in getting ready. Are you able to prepare the game to get rid of mostly lag and desync? How long does a beta test take?

A. Yep, that's exactly what we're on right now — getting lags and desync out of the way, getting bugs fixed. Over the next month we are going to release several patches and add more content. By the end of this period we should be able to disclose the date of Open Beta launch, but not just yet.

Q. The game lacks more advanced physics and destruction, improvement plans? Moving objects, destroying buildings?

A. There certainly won't be collapsing buildings. The necessary minimum of physics and object movement will be included, but most certainly nothing global. Our attention is now focused on other tasks.

Q. The characters have great animations, but when they are too static, they look very artificially, does it improve?

A. We already have many new animations that have not yet made it to any of the latest builds, as they are being tested now.

Q. Unity introduced an improved engine for the year 2018. Some features would definitely fit into the game, are you planning it?

A. We are rather fastidiously considering the possible migration to the new version of Unity 2018, because in our experience almost every migration entailed quite a number of issues. This always happens when moving from one version of the engine to another. We are planning to do it, but not right now.

Q. You're a new studio, even though there are many experienced developers. Do you finance the game only from her sales? Are you able to work until the release of the game

A. The project is being developed and funded with our own funds only, and we plan to keep it that way and release the project on our own. A huge heartfelt thank you to the players who believe in the project, their support really matters to us.

Q. Still planning to release this year? On theGamescom, you said yes. Do you expect Steam to play in Early Access or as a full game?

A. We still plan to release this year. As for the Steam, we'll be coming here, and, possibly, to other platforms, but only after the release on our own platform.

Q. Will free roam be available during the beta test or after the full game release? What kind of Hideout you have brought to us, but you keep silent about it.

A. Free roam is to be included in the release, or maybe even a bit later. Regarding the Hideout, how it's going to look like, and other details, there is nothing new to tell except what is already known to the community. It shall appear in the game sometime during Open Beta.

Q. We see that you communicate perfectly with the community. Do you also plan some mode support? How does the community game translate continue? When do we get the first localizations?

A. Mode Support can hardly be applied to an online game, so we haven't considered any plans regarding it. As for localization, it's going quite well, and its current status is publicly available at translate.escapefromtarkov.com. In the near future, we plan to add several new languages, staring, most likely, with German as a pilot to set up the flow.

Q. How do you perceive communities from different countries, do they help you? Some even have their own localized sites, as you perceive in the studio? From what country do you have the most players? What players from Czech and Slovak?

A. We have a wide network of Emissaries worldwide and we actively communicate with the community, always paying attention to what the players have to say. Now, the most players are from the United States, followed by Russia, Germany and then other European countries. Quite a lot of players from the Czech Republic and Slovakia, who are, by the way, among the quickest in localization.

Q. Do you plan to include, for example, weapons of Czech or Slovak armory?

A. Yes, for instance, we plan to add CZ-75 and a number of other weapons.

Q. "A lot of players cheer you up, but I'll find even those who lose your confidence," what are you talking about?

A. We can never please everyone, and that was never our goal. We often get to see cases when players drop the game but come back to it after a while, and that's okay. Similar processes, to a different extent, are common to all game projects, nothing wrong with that.

Q. To conclude something else. Are you planning anything after EFT? Is it possible that we will also get Escape from Tarkov 2? Does this universe have the potential, or would you like to try something completely different?

A. As we have shared before, we are intending to continue the development of the same game universe, Russia 2028, with an eponymous project. This is going to be the next project after the EFT, and it's going to be singleplayer and even more hardcore, with even greater focus on storyline, characters, etc.

Q. Do you perceive the development of games in Russia as more complex than other countries? Do you have enough talented people

A. Development in Russia is more complicated, yes, especially for a game like EFT. It lacks the game developers with the expertise necessary to make a shooter, especially one like EFT. Therefore, we have to train our own professionals ourselves or re-train those who came from other projects. Practice nurtures talent.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
That was definitely a short Q&A. Not sure how useful it was.

Nothing that great in this one unfortunately. But these Q&A's were a response to alot of complaints about how most the information coming out about EFT was coming from the devs just announcing/saying things in twitch streams. Better than nothing I guess.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
You have to buy it through them. I enjoy the game but it can be pretty punishing. They need to fix the netcode and optimization which they are working on.

Even with the netcode and optimization issues it runs better on my pc that PuBG does if that helps with how well it may run.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this game. Is the "We wont put female avatares because in reality women are weak and cannot take the realities of war" game.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
So the game is 20% off right now. When you buy multiple copies you get more % off so if anyone is interested in doing a group buy now would be worth the time (PM me if you want to work something out).

Im just looking at the standard version which is the cheapest and you can always upgrade later.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like half the people in this thread have been banned, lol... I haven't played it though, sounds cool :)
I liked it. But it's something I really only play with buddies now and they don't really play. It's a tough game with really geared people who kind of prey on other players.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
How is this game nowadays? Would you recommend it?

Played Tarkov the last few weeks with buddies and really liked it. Although there is a lot to do and the gameplay loop works pretty good, i don't think this gets out of beta soon. For me it was definitely worth to buy the standard version and i can recommend it.

But prepare to cry alot. Tarkov gives, Tarkov takes.

Demption

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played Tarkov the last few weeks with buddies and really liked it. Although there is a lot to do and the gameplay loop works pretty good, i don't think this gets out of beta soon. For me it was definitely worth to buy the standard version and i can recommend it.

But prepare to cry alot. Tarkov gives, Tarkov takes.
Would you recommend it for solo play?