• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I noticed the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack streaming thread recently and it got me thinking: "What other beloved anime soundtracks of mine are on music streaming services?"

I ran a search for the Escaflowne soundtracks (composed by the incredible Yoko Kanno) and, lo and behold, turns out they indeed officially exist on streaming now šŸ˜€

Spreading the news for any other Escaflowne fans out there:
  1. The Vision of Escaflowne (TV) OST 1: Over the Sky (1996) - YouTube Music, Spotify, Apple Music
  2. The Vision of Escaflowne (TV) OS2 2: Original Soundtrack 2 (1996) - YouTube Music, Spotify, Apple Music
  3. The Vision of Escaflowne (TV) OST 3: Original Soundtrack 3 (1996) - YouTube Music, Spotify, Apple Music
  4. The Vision of Escaflowne (TV): Lovers Only (1997) - YouTube Music, Spotify, Apple Music
  5. Escaflowne (film) OST (2000) - YouTube Music, Spotify, Apple Music

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, holy shit, the SAC soundtrack is up too! I CAN FINALLY ADD LITHIUM FLOWER TO MY PLAYLIST:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh nice! These were removed on Youtube due to copyright strikes.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
AWESOOOOME! Just finished the series thanks to recommendations from here, throughout it I was thinking how bad I wanted to listen to the OST after. Thanks OP!

Nov 8, 2017
I've had the movie OST for years and listened to it countless times; one of my favourite soundtracks.

I don't even remember how I discovered it because I've never actually seen the movie (or anything else of it for that matter).

OP
OP
JPLC

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've had the movie OST for years and listened to it countless times; one of my favourite soundtracks.

I don't even remember how I discovered it because I've never actually seen the movie (or anything else of it for that matter).
If you do ever get curious to check out the film, just keep in mind that it is very different from the TV show: character names and such are the same, but the plot is entirely different and unrelated to the TV show, almost like it's an alternate universe.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
QDCcdpv.gif

Time to ESCA~FLOWNE on repeat.

Dance of curse on repeat

My dude.

Nov 8, 2017
If you do ever get curious to check out the film, just keep in mind that it is very different from the TV show: character names and such are the same, but the plot is entirely different and unrelated to the TV show, almost like it's an alternate universe.
I've never seen the TV show either, so that won't be a problem. :)

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
My fav tracks are:
None from OS 1 lol

OS 2:
The Vision of Escaflowne
Charm
Cradle Song
Machine Soldier
Shadow of Doubt (You know what, maybe one day I'll learn to play some parts of this. Hot damn.)
Love
Hitomi Theme

OS 3:
Farewell
Aoi Hitomi
Perfect World
I Recommend Instincts
Shrilly
Revenge
Illusion
Again

Gosh the main theme of this series is so fucking good. Can't get over how many times escaflowne is chanted during some of these tracks though haha

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
GotS is a huge release for me!

I actually have the Stand Alone Complex Collection that I still listen to ~1 every month or so. I'll listen to it way more now that it's on Spotify.

pa.98754.1.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
i know Aquarion is kind of a low-rent Evangelion, but those soundtracks are pretty good -- and also on spotify
would love for Wolf's Rain to get added one day though

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018
Finally! The movie OST was impossible to find for years outside of the physical CD that came with the physical releases. It's one of my favorites.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
One of the greatest OSTs of all time. I saw the movie premier at Anime Expo many years ago, and went on to see Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto perform live on stage at AX as well. Damn I miss those days :(

OP
OP
JPLC

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Gosh the main theme of this series is so fucking good. Can't get over how many times escaflowne is chanted during some of these tracks though haha
My headcanon to (poorly) rationalize the chants is that Escaflowne is, in the history of Gaea, essentially some kind of legendary/mythological figure to those that know about it, almost to the level of some kind of mysterious/niche deity. In that lens, it's no different than "Hallelujah" or something šŸ˜›

Finally! The movie OST was impossible to find for years outside of the physical CD that came with the physical releases. It's one of my favorites.
One of my most cherished DVDs is the Escaflowne film collector's box that comes with the OST CD; I was lucky enough to snag it years ago. It looks like the used copies are still relatively inexpensive, according to Amazon.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know the escaflowne movie or show where the guy falls from the sky onto some airship and kills everybody on it with a sword. whats the song in that scene please

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
It's really hard to overstate how talented Yoko Kanno is. She's definitely one of the greatest living composers.

nasuknight

Nov 2, 2017
Wonderful news. Unfortunately there's still no Macross Plus or Wolf's Rain, but the catalogue is slowly getting there.

It would be a pipedream, but it would be super if NHK put up the Onna Joshu Naotora/Naotora: The Lady Warlord soundtracks on streaming services. That's easily Kanno's best work and might spread the love a bit more for those who have never listened to them.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
man I need to watch this series again asap. It's been like over a decade since I last watched it. This is my all time favorite anime ost next to her other work, Cowboy Bepop

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey another 8cm fan! Definitely one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever made imo.

Y'all are talking about 3cm, right? The Macross Plus song?

The Darker than Black OST deserves more love in general, too, one of her most consistently-excellent series of tracks.