• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Of my more recently read entries, the one where the Foundation is notified of a cave that when entered opens into a mirror world of our world in every single way but everything is dead and the teams they send in to investigate often succumb to the mental stress and kill themselves or each other. Don't recall the number, but it was one of the better weird fictions that wasn't straight up horror.

Always up for stories like the crying in the stairwell or more like the death world cave if people can recommend

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Of my more recently read entries, the one where the Foundation is notified of a cave that when entered opens into a mirror world of our world in every single way but everything is dead and the teams they send in to investigate often succumb to the mental stress and kill themselves or each other. Don't recall the number, but it was one of the better weird fictions that wasn't straight up horror.

Always up for stories like the crying in the stairwell or more like the death world cave if people can recommend

The Red Sea Object is the one I think you are talking about. It's an object that is magnetized to mirror surfaces. When it attaches to the mirror it opens up a gateway to another dimension/location.

The dimension on the other side is a parallel world to ours that diverted at some point in the past. An eldritch abomination appeared in their universe claiming to be God. The abomination gave the humans of that dimension a substance called "tears" that mutates them into horrifying creatures.

I really liked how the story detailed their divergent technology.

I wasn't fond of the mismatch in the story. The part with the spooky ghost people didn't seem like it belonged with the rest of the story.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The Red Sea Object is the one I think you are talking about. It's an object that is magnetized to mirror surfaces. When it attaches to the mirror it opens up a gateway to another dimension/location.
nah it sounds more like "O, Death"

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2935

SCP-2935 is a space-time anomaly existing within a limestone cave beneath a cemetery near Joppa, Indiana. The cemetery, whose last interred individual died in 1908, was discovered by Foundation personnel after radio signals were discovered emanating from SCP-2935 (see addendum 2935.1 below).

The SCP-2935 anomaly is a nearly exact replicate reality of modern Earth in the year 2016, with the primary exception being that all life, including both biological and non-biological, as well as any sentient entities, machines, computers and other "life-like" phenomena, within SCP-2935 ended on April 20th, 2016.

Information gathered by the mobile task force who initially entered SCP-2935 for reconnaissance purposes points to the conclusion that all lifeforms within SCP-2935 suddenly and without warning expired sometime between the hours of 0300-0400 EST. The reason for this is currently uncertain.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea that SCP was a thing. I see that two of the most popular entries are similar to Weeping Angels and The Silence from Doctor Who. Did Doctor Who writers steal these ideas, or the other way around?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Besides the regular SCP's, I'm also really fond of the SCP-001 entries, specifically the Broken God and the Gate Guardian. Note that because the title of SCP-001 has quite a bit of weight of it, there are multiple entries for SCP-001 from different writers, explained in-universe as "false" articles used to disguise the "real" entry for SCP-001. It's also cool how these entries try to tie together different SCP's or explain the nature of SCP's themselves, though I honestly like how in general SCP's have widely different origins and explanations.

Note that some the SCP's they link these entries may not be correct as some SCP's got decommissioned or reworked over time. If you'd like to find the correct SCP's in these cases, you'd have the best luck looking them up on SCP Classic.

Edit; Make sure you've had your memetic inoculations people.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea that SCP was a thing. I see that two of the most popular entries are similar to Weeping Angels and The Silence from Doctor Who. Did Doctor Who writers steal these ideas, or the other way around?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

which one are you comparing to the silence? 055, the one no one can remember?

also 173, the moves-when-unobserved freaky statue, was actually the first one. they picked the high number to imply "here's a dossier on one of an infinite number of horrifying dangerous things" and a chunk of the internet went "yep i can brainstorm to that" and now we have this sprawling horde of creepy things.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SCP 173 released a few months before the doctor Who episode.
Interesting. I wonder if it was all a coincidence, or if the writer actually stole the idea.
which one are you comparing to the silence? 055, the one no one can remember?

also 173, the moves-when-unobserved freaky statue, was actually the first one. they picked the high number to imply "here's a dossier on one of an infinite number of horrifying dangerous things" and a chunk of the internet went "yep i can brainstorm to that" and now we have this sprawling horde of creepy things.
I think 055 is the one that reminded me of the Silence.

And thanks for the info on 173. I guess that partially explains why it has the highest rating, though it's an awesome idea in the first place.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Interesting. I wonder if it was all a coincidence, or if the writer actually stole the idea.

I think 055 is the one that reminded me of the Silence.

And thanks for the info on 173. I guess that partially explains why it has the highest rating, though it's an awesome idea in the first place.
It would have to be parallel thinking, I don't think a couple months is enough time to write an episode based on them, plan it, film it, do the special effects for it, and then air it.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
It would have to be parallel thinking, I don't think a couple months is enough time to write an episode based on them, plan it, film it, do the special effects for it, and then air it.

i'm certain that this is a trope that goes back further and blink+ 173 are just the earliest monsters with it that sutck in our particular corner of spooky pop culture.

how'd the release timing compare to bioshock? it had a room with enemies that only moved when your back is turned. ..... when i phrase it like that it sounds like i'm describing boos from classic mario even.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I love most of the entries from Doctor Wondertainment. Specially, the "Little Misters". I think it starts chronologically with SCP 909 which links to the other little misters. Then SCP REDD seems to be the end of that story and Miss Heir happens somewhere in between. There might be other entries in that story.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Yes! The Life and Times of Joaquín Pablo Izquierdo de San Felipe is an incredible tale.

EDIT: I just re-read it, and it's just as good as the first time.

I looked at the picture, of myself but not myself really, viewed through the eyes of someone else. More than the features of my face, what I recognized was my own despair. I viewed this desolation as though it belonged to someone apart from me, someone else, and this was a goddamn dagger through my heart. Pablo now had the energy to finish his sentence.

"What you are, Roberto, is my friend. I'm glad you are here."

Out in the open, there it was. In the empty heart of the city's watchful death goddess, decades of the lives of two men, laid out in a dingy room surrounded by the early morning.

I can't write any more on this.

Man, that's just beautiful. The best SCP for me.

Last edited:

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3008

Easily the greatest SCP i've read.

"SCP-3008-1 is a space resembling the inside of an IKEA furniture store, extending far beyond the limits of what could physically be contained within the dimensions of the retail unit."

Just got around to reading this, it was great. The tower was a great touch, likewise the apparent but unacknowledged sabotage.

Kind of mashed up two of my faves, the one from Kowloon Walled City (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-184) and the Bag of Holding Potatoes (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1689).

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My only thing is I wish the wiki had a random entry button so I could I just randomly bounce around reading one after another.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
My only thing is I wish the wiki had a random entry button so I could I just randomly bounce around reading one after another.
Uhh...

JXXJPhP.png

It does.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
that artist SCP thread was fantastic thank you for the link

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Hmmm... Yeah... I'm an idiot. Never thought to hit the top button on the mobile site.

Thank you for that.

A thought I had while rereading this thread for suggestions.

Instead of a video game, what about a board game in the vein of Betrayal at House on the Hill. Random tiles placed as you explore the labs until something gets out and then one of the players takes on the SCP and tries to kill then other players.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2008

Andrew Jackson even in death murdering people in duels over his wife. Got a kick out of this one once I figured it out.

For those that don't know, he gunned down a lot of people over her and became known as a violent and vengeful man.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This came up as a recommended video and thought it was really well done. Made in GTA: Online apparently

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to post every new vid of this series. Regardless of SCP. If everyone is cool with it, that is.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Quick question that maybe is stupid one...
Is the name of the company which find the SCP, well, SCP or is something else?