• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Just to spite my brother who was trying to shit on greta, I donated 300 trees.

Thank you for planting 300 trees with ForestNation!

Your donation ID is: 000444993

If you donate to a project that issues tax-deductible receipts, you will receive one in time for tax returns. To learn more about tax deductions, please refer to the individual projects on the platform.

If you have any questions, please write to us at [email protected]

All the best,
The Trillion Tree Campaign

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just to spite my brother who was trying to shit on greta, I donated 300 trees.
2186.jpg

Thanks for the trees 🌳💚🌍

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for planting 150 trees with Centre for Coastal Environmental Conservation (CCEC)!

Keep up the good work!

ohabs

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
My grandparents always give us money at Christmas to buy ourselves gifts so this is my gift this year.

Thank you for planting 1000 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!
Your donation ID is: 000445976
If you donate to a project that issues tax-deductible receipts, you will receive one in time for tax returns. To learn more about tax deductions, please refer to the individual projects on the platform.

All the best,

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
My grandparents always give us money at Christmas to buy ourselves gifts so this is my gift this year.

Thank you for planting 1000 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!
Your donation ID is: 000445976

All the best,
Awesome!

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
After donating to a couple of different tree campaigns I think I'll be sticking with this trillion tree one

Here's my contribution

Thank you for planting 150 trees with Wells for Zoë

Your donation ID is: 000446184

All the best,

Mar 30, 2019
Didn't know this was a thing till now. Here is my contribution. I didn't know how to post a phone screenshot so I hope this works.

Thank you for planting 50 trees with Plant-for-the-Planet!

Your donation ID is: 000446219

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
After donating to a couple of different tree campaigns I think I'll be sticking with this trillion tree one

Here's my contribution

Thank you for planting 150 trees with Wells for Zoë

Your donation ID is: 000446184

All the best,
Didn't know this was a thing till now. Here is my contribution. I didn't know how to post a phone screenshot so I hope this works.

Thank you for planting 50 trees with Plant-for-the-Planet!

Your donation ID is: 000446219
Nice contributions!
Thanks. 👏🌱🌳🌍✊

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to donate trees to trillion tree campaign, but it seems you need a credit card? Didn't have one on hand, remembered later that I do own a virtual visa. Should try again later. In the meantime, I just donated to a Dutch tree planting website that I donated to before. They're a bit more expensive though. Add 8 trees.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for doing ongoing monthly donations to tree planting? I'm in the UK, which might make a difference.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to support the Eden's Gate Project:

Thank you for planting 100 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!

Your donation ID is: 000448778

All the best,

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Arggghhh, tough choice! With the Eden project I could have donated well over 1000 trees for the same price as this, but I went with the International Tree Foundation in the end since Kenya means a lot to me personally, their tree survival rate is higher, and they go into so much detail about how the money is used. Really good to see so many different projects getting support in this thread though =)

Thank you for planting 200 trees with International Tree Foundation!​
Your donation ID is: 000449479​
EDIT: Screw it, whynotboth.gif

Thank you for planting 800 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!​
Your donation ID is: 000449489​

So that's still 1000 total, with a good mix of quality/quantity =)

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
33,000 trees. I think that's roughly a square kilometre of an average density forest.

well done, era

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
150 to the Yucatan

Thank you for planting 150 trees with Plant-for-the-Planet!
Your donation ID is: 000451486

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Great idea, I will donate some money for some trees for a) my nephews and b) my son for xmas presents.

Haselbacher

Oct 27, 2017
Vielen Dank, dass Sie 100 Bäume mit Plant-for-the-Planet geplanzt haben!
Ihren Spenden-ID lautet: 000452474

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019

banner-plant-trees.jpg

CURRENT NUMBER OF TREES PLANTED BY ERA : 33 860
(last updated 2019-12-28 9:00 UTC-4)

This thread first started to show ERA's members support for the global climate strike. After the first goal of 1000 trees planted was reached in a few hours, we updated to a new goal of 10 000 trees. This has been reached as well in just a matter of days. After consideration I decided to keep this thread alive so people can keep donating, with a new goal of 25k trees for Christmas **REACHED!**. NEW GOAL 50 000 TREES

I will be updating the total number from time to time.

How does it work?
  1. Create an account on https://www.trilliontreecampaign.org
  2. Log In to the site with your account
  3. In the left panel, go to "Donate Trees"
  4. Choose your project (you can see details like where the trees will be planted, survival rate and price, they all vary...)
  5. Donate.
  6. Post your donation receip in this thread!
Can I use another organization to donate?
YES! Just make sure it is legit, and show a proof of purchase (like receipt or email) in a post.

Can I plant trees myself locally? Do they count?
Of course! We trust you to be honest and won't ask for any evidence... But a cute little picture of your new tree(s) would be a nice addition to this thread!

****************************************************************************************​

I'm starting things up with 100 trees. I choose this program, as you can see, the trees are pretty cheap! 10$ plant 100 trees for this project! There are many endangered animals in Madagascar, and trees in Haïti (which suffers from massive deforestation) protects the soil and people during tropical storms and hurricanes.

KTiOdiF.png

Receipt :

PN85kiF.png

A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and can sequester 1 ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. You can check a complete list of benefits here : https://projects.ncsu.edu/project/treesofstrength/benefits.htm
just a quick note that you spelled receipt wrong in the OP

"Post your donation receip in this thread! "

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
^ Lovely

Well, we didn't make the (admittedly very lofty) 50K goal but still an absolutely amazing accomplishment. I think era needs to show some mad respect for Pomerlaw 's efforts and dedication to creating and maintaining this thread and tally. Huge amount of work and outstanding results. Even if we're averaging 10 cents a tree (which is probably low) this means era raised 3000 bucks (unless my math is off!).

What's the plan Pomerlaw? Thread title update and let the thread exist in perpetuity or you thinking you gonna shut her down and maybe make it a recurring thing?

Last edited:

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
I kept forgetting to donate last year, so I figured I should do it once I had the time to figure out the issues the site kept giving me.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome, Pomerlaw - kudos on keeping it going. Planning to make another donation soon.

Fun fact: my sister donated 50 bucks to an organization on my behalf (Bird Life) for Christmas, but they quantify this in trees. I was like "thanks but... wtf do I tell era??"

Mar 30, 2019
Thank you for planting 150 trees with Plant-for-the-Planet!

Your donation ID is: 000460444

All the best,

Here is some more. Have a great day.

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018