• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely going to donate to this, OP. We need many more trees in this world and I will do whatever I can to help.

EDIT:

trpYJdl.jpg

Last edited:

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
11145 trees is the new total.

Hell yeah!! Thank you, OP for creating this thread. It's so awesome to see everyone come together for this (though, I am a little shocked that this isn't more popular on here). Does anyone know of any databases for local organizations that need help with planting trees? I wasn't finding much out of the Nashville, TN area, but I probably have yet to find the right website.

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Hell yeah!! Thank you, OP for creating this thread. It's so awesome to see everyone come together for this (though, I am a little shocked that this isn't more popular on here). Does anyone know of any databases for local organizations that need help with planting trees? I wasn't finding much out of the Nashville, TN area, but I probably have yet to find the right website.

Well I hope more people join because I asked a mod to change the title with a new goal lol... 25k trees for Christmas. THINK BIG

Oct 27, 2017
Subbing to this thread so I can make a donation soon. Thanks for mentioning this, OP. It somehow never occurred to me that I could simply contribute towards efforts to plant more trees. There are a few projects on there that I'd like to support. It seems like the eden project is a popular one - is that because of the cost/tree, or are they more reputable than others? I do like that they employ local people to make them stakeholders in the success of the reforesting effort, and attempt to alleviate the economic pressure that leads to deforestation to begin with.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm setting a 2k target for myself for the end of the year. I'm quitting smoking, and donating the cost of a pack ($17 where I live) to various causes up to the end of the year if I stay smoke free for a week is my plan to stay motivated. So I actually don't have to be all that good to make it, lol

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Hey I live in Nashville, TN! It's hard for me to find anywhere good to volunteer as well unfortunately.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm setting a 2k target for myself for the end of the year. I'm quitting smoking, and donating the cost of a pack ($17 where I live) to various causes up to the end of the year if I stay smoke free for a week is my plan to stay motivated. So I actually don't have to be all that good to make it, lol

This post is doubly awesome.

Just FYI, Forest Nation emailed me back explaining that they are in fact for-profit, rather than charitable. Not sure how I feel about that, but I guess they're doing good work regardless.

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

Awesome goals.

Got my girlfriend to participate!

W2eypLa.png

We are now at 12 645 trees, which means more than halfway done!

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
This is an awesome thread. I live check to check and have a move coming up next month, but I'll do some budgeting this weekend. At the price per tree I've seen, I'm sure I can fit this in.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Boy does this thread need a bump.

This should honestly be plastered on Era's Front Page, Stickied, and then advertised by Resetera's mods. So many people willing to complain about how they are all screwed over by climate change, but unwilling to to put their money where their mouth is(Yes, corporations need to entirely more work into this as well).

Let's change that though. I am actually going to be planting some trees next weekend. Hoping to get maybe 20 in a local forest.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Boy does this thread need a bump.

This should honestly be plastered on Era's Front Page, Stickied, and then advertised by Resetera's mods. So many people willing to complain about how they are all screwed over by climate change, but unwilling to to put their money where their mouth is(Yes, corporations need to entirely more work into this as well).

Let's change that though. I am actually going to be planting some trees next weekend. Hoping to get maybe 20 in a local forest.

Thank you so much for this bump! I completely agree that this should be seen by everyone, as a massive effort to plant trees is vital for the success of future generations.

Awesome goals.

Got my girlfriend to participate!

We are now at 12 645 trees, which means more than halfway done!

Great work!!! Just donated another 10 trees to Forest Nation! So, 12,655 trees.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
The thead is in the community goal rotation. I will make sure it pops up there at least once before Christmas.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Is Eden worth a damn? They seem almost too inexpensive.

I thought the same. After I did some digging, they seem to actually follow through. They have hit significant milestones already but utilize job deserts in low income countries to facilitate their project. They provide jobs in the areas of reforestation as well as provide the service of plating trees.

They have a significant social presence, especially on YouTube as I've quoted earlier in the thread, so it definitely seems legitimate. And remember, this is the UN's effort to plant trees so I believe there is a vetting process before the service is listed on the site.

Edit: open_mouth_ showing up! 12,500 tree is awesome!

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
Great idea - and I'd also like to point everyone to http://www.ecosia.org - a web search engine based on Bing with additional Chromium based apps for iOS/Android that uses paid ads from your search requests to plant trees. I've switched to it and I'm using their Chrome extension since a while and have financed a few tries by just doing what I'm doing anyway!

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
100: -

Thank you for planting 100 trees with The Bulindi Chimpanzee & Community Project!
Your donation ID is: 000434799
If you donate to a project that issues tax-deductible receipts, you will receive one in time for tax returns. To learn more about tax deductions, please refer to the individual projects on the platform.
If you have any questions, please write to us at [email protected]

All the best,
The Trillion Tree Campaign

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Great idea - and I'd also like to point everyone to http://www.ecosia.org - a web search engine based on Bing with additional Chromium based apps for iOS/Android that uses paid ads from your search requests to plant trees. I've switched to it and I'm using their Chrome extension since a while and have financed a few tries by just doing what I'm doing anyway!
I decided to jump in:

I also used my company match so that's a total of 2k more trees.

Thank you both so much!!

Oct 27, 2017

I like this idea a lot; I'll try it too. Thanks for mentioning it.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I just invested $5k in two acres of trees here

at 110 trees per acre, that adds another 220 to our total. 😁
One acre of empress trees absorbs on average 103 metric tones of carbon. So for $2500 you can carbon a couple years of your life. 😎

🌱🌳🌞

sj8hqdg.png

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I just invested $5k in two acres of trees here

at 110 trees per acre, that adds another 220 to our total. 😁
One acre of empress trees absorbs on average 103 metric tones of carbon. So for $2500 you can carbon a couple years of your life. 😎

🌱🌳🌞

sj8hqdg.png
Incredible. Along with other donations it's awesome seeing that total grow. What a brilliant thread and kudos again to the OP for initiating it.

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
WTF!? hahahaha

I wasn't expecting this going into my thread this morning. What a nice surprise. Thanks to you all!

We are at 28 155 trees!!!

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I donated 100$ to teamtrees, does this count to our total? Sorry if I misunderstood.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I just donated 150 trees to the Eden Reforestation Projects. I will try and do the same amount each month providing I can afford it.

Set myself a goal of 10,000.

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
MODS, could you please change the title to ERA's tree planting thread - [NEW GOAL : 50 000 TREES FOR CHRISTMAS]

Thanks

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
MODS, could you please change the title to ERA's tree planting thread - [NEW GOAL : 50 000 TREES FOR CHRISTMAS]
Did you report it, otherwise they are likely to miss it.

What a boss, I would love to do that locally!

[edit]
well I signed up on their website, let's see what happens next.
You're in! Thanks for taking the first step in being a Tree Ambassador.
We'll be in touch soon with more details. For now, take a moment to celebrate 🎉
Here's a fun graphic you can save & share on social media!
jdCNdURm.png

Last edited:

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
We have planted 2000 trees a few months ago on behalf of our company and it was my idea to do it, please count some of that :(

OP
OP
Pomerlaw

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
We have planted 2000 trees a few months ago on behalf of our company and it was my idea to do it, please count some of that :(

I can't count them for our goal because I want to keep following the rules I established in the beggining. Only new trees for the current campaign will be accepted.

It doesn't diminish in any way what you have done though. Your trees are just as good as those planted in the current thread. =)

Edit : OP Total updated

Last edited: