• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I haven't donated any trees but pretty sure I've planted my fair share. At my last unit we planted around 50 trees/shrubs. Now at our new house which is on a large block we've already planted 20-30 and plan on planting a couple hundred more. That plus the local landcare group I'm part of plants 1000s every year.

I can't recommend enough getting involved in a local landcare group.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Alright Era you got 100 trees out of me...
RF8eaDs.png

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
wv42Fai.png

+10 trees

The Borneo project is a bit more expensive at ~$7.65 a pop, but it looks like it includes a good amount of follow-through

Benjamin

Nov 11, 2017
This is a really cool initiative people and I'm glad to see some serious donations.

One thing I'd like to suggest is looking at your employer as a means for getting involved.

A few months ago I pushed management to go greener by donating money per sale to a tree charity like these and they agreed. It's going ahead in the near future and every sale we do will plant two trees. It's a win win as for the environment and also the business gets to show off green credentials in marketing.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This is a really cool initiative people and I'm glad to see some serious donations.

One thing I'd like to suggest is looking at your employer as a means for getting involved.

A few months ago I pushed management to go greener by donating money per sale to a tree charity like these and they agreed. It's going ahead in the near future and every sale we do will plant two trees. It's a win win as for the environment and also the business gets to show off green credentials in marketing.
I tried in vain recently to persuade my colleagues to forego the one time use paper plates and plastic cutlery. They behaved as if I was asking for their eternal soul. SMH

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for planting 150 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!

Your donation ID is:

If you donate to a project that issues tax-deductible receipts, you will receive one in time for tax returns. To learn more about tax deductions, please refer to the individual projects on the platform.

If you have any questions, please write to us at [email protected]

All the best,
The Trillion Tree Campaign

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
Great thread!

Dear L**** *********i,
Thank you for planting 1000 trees with Eden Reforestation Projects!
Your donation ID is: 000xxxxxx
If you donate to a project that issues tax-deductible receipts, you will receive one in time for tax returns. To learn more about tax deductions, please refer to the individual projects on the platform.
If you have any questions, please write to us at [email protected]

All the best,
The Trillion Tree Campaign

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Im working against this, mwahaha.

Have to cut down my dying pine tree this fall. Plan to replace it next year with a maple or if I can convince the wife a few apple trees.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
olubode I added your trees

New total 10 645

Seriously, what do you guys propose for this thread? Now that the goal has been reached, we can either let it die or keep going.
This is something good ERA can do to give back (I imagine out carbon footprint isn't exactly nice in the long run), so why not keep it up for at least the rest of 2019? I didn't even see this post until this afternoon (29th, EST) and while I can't right now, id love to donate later

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This is something good ERA can do to give back (I imagine out carbon footprint isn't exactly nice in the long run), so why not keep it up for at least the rest of 2019? I didn't even see this post until this afternoon (29th, EST) and while I can't right now, id love to donate later
I like this idea.

I fly for work and have been considering buying carbon offsets on my own dime, as my employer is not going to cough up for it...

Big One

Oct 25, 2017

Did my duty. I'm going to try doing this monthly if my budget allows it.

(Imgur acting funky in mobile for me so sorry if a tweet was a bit gaudy I posted it on there before here lol)

Oct 27, 2017
I obviously support this thread but instead of saying goal reached in the title we should be setting a new goal, of 15k or 20k or 50k trees and making it a 2019 challenge.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for bringing this up! I downloaded the app and will probably just keep donating as I get some money here and there.

Right now, donated 150 trees to Eden Project. :)

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
When I've suggested doing this to some people, some say unless pollution is cut, this is merely a bandaid. How could I respond to that to encourage them to plant more trees?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
When I've suggested doing this to some people, some say unless pollution is cut, this is merely a bandaid. How could I respond to that to encourage them to plant more trees?

show them this article from Science, which is one of the highest impact factor journals in the world. This article modelled that mass tree planting has the capacity for capturing up to 25% of atmospheric carbon, far far beyond any other carbon capture

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/365/6448/76.full

Also just in general respond that we will have to do many things in concert and to stop being such a disingenuous fuck :)

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Only 0,10$ to plant a tree? How is it possible? What is being done exactly? Is the tree being taken care of after planting?

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, congrats on meeting the goal! Just a heads up, we had intended to leave the sticky just for the weekend so we'll be removing that soon. However, we could add this thread to the community spotlight rotation, so have the OP message me if they'd like that. Keep up the great work!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Only 0,10$ to plant a tree? How is it possible? What is being done exactly? Is the tree being taken care of after planting?

Each organization generally posts it's survival rate.

They generally also post how many trees they've planted. Eden (10 cents) is only at 250K, but Yucatan which is more expensive is at 3.5 million.

Hey, congrats on meeting the goal! Just a heads up, we had intended to leave the sticky just for the weekend so we'll be removing that soon. However, we could add this thread to the community spotlight rotation, so have the OP message me if they'd like that. Keep up the great work!

cc Pomerlaw

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just did a hundred trees. I'll add more when I have more spare cash!

QPrflsw.png

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA