• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
With the lockdown in full effect and many out of work / forced leave (me included) we have more time on our hands than usual. I wanted to create a thread for everyone to suggest their top games and people ask for recommendations too.

Personally with all the stress, doom and gloom going on outside I've veered towards much calmer, longform games but also catching up on some classics. I've been playing –

Cities Skylines
The Sims 4
Ghost Trick
Tricky Towers
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Soul Silver
Borderlands 2 (not that calm but nice for some mindless few hours of shooting whilst listening to podcasts, turn the goddamn volume off with this one)

--

Now for my recommendation - Mass Effect Andromeda is like £7 on the PS store right now, has it been fixed up? I fancy a longer RPG but know it's got a hell of a rep.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Persona 5 Royal is out tomorrow, and should last folks for a very, very long time. The base version of the game is already 100+ hours.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Just playing FF games right now honestly. The ones I'm focused most on are:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
After finishing and getting the platinum in Death Stranding, I'm back grinding for the RDR2 platinum and loving every second of it. Guess that huge, immersive open world games are my lockdown comfort food. (Although technically we're not in a real lockdown in The Netherlands).
Also working on a game in Dreams, which is also super relaxing 😌

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been a pretty big one for a lot of people.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is an obvious contender, but I'm enjoying Overwatch's Archives event with the an Iron Man-style challenge to complete all the missions on Legendary without dying.

My Sega Genesis Mini is also a godsend, as I have 40+ games I can play. I already completed Castle of Illusion and Alex Kidd.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing has literally been perfect as someone with a WFH job. I can play whenever & wherever without it demanding too much of my time.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Cities Skyline
Satisfactory
Factorio
Control(New DLC)
Street Fighter V

Pretty much the same games pre lockdown.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
56c4948888a7e300458b47d4.jpg

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Planet Zoo for me.

Pretty much my first "tycoon" game in a loooonggg time.Still on Career Mode but holy shit at the amount of stuff you can made with the tools.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Fire Emblem 3 Houses...its a decent length rpg and many people play it through multiple times to see all of the story...

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Control
Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fcalluna%2Fhome%2FCONTROL_Gallery_WorldTrailer_quarry_sky-3840x2160-b50ec4cf36c4508761266b0125e70fdffe12d5c6.jpg

HUNT: Showdown
HUNT-Showdown-4K-Screen-7.jpg

Hades
Hades-234929.jpg

Warframe
12847.jpg

Last edited:

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Games I've been playing since lockdown:

Planescape: Torment
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Resident Evil 2
Soon, I will start Resident Evil VII once the second run of RE2 is finished.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Started Last of Us today, after having bounced off it real quick when it launched on PS3. The visuals and especially storytelling still hold up, but I instantly remembered why I put it down. Two hours in, I just don't find it very fun to play, Stealth games aren't my favorite, and I don't think the mechanics here are terribly tight.

I'm gonna drop it down to easy and brute force it though, the storytelling is good enough to keep me going

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a better time to pick up a GaaS title. I recommend not doing that and enjoying the wealth of single player stuff on services like game pass!

Don't make the same mistake I did, OP! I still need to finish Borderlands 3, Sekiro, and Black Mesa, and instead I'm just farming in The Division 2 and playing Beat Saber when I want to move!

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Been trying to 1000G Slay the Spire and Dead Cells will be next. Also, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid. Gamepass is so good.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal

Animal Crossing for when I want to chill out, Doom Eternal for when I want to rip and tear. Sadly I'll be done with Doom Eternal sometime this week so I'll have to find a substitute for my rip and tear urges.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I genuinely can't think of a better lockdown game than Animal Crossing. Even if the lockdown continues for another year, there will still be just as much to do months from now as there is today. The game is literally designed for steady-paced progression - perfect for a lockdown.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Since the internet has be spotty for anything that needs a long-lived connection, I've been playing Dishonored lately

I've has that game for ages and couldn't really get to it. I love it now.

Surprising since It does has a plague motive going on but I find it really calming, in a weird way. I'm guessing that because of the super powers and big enough sandbox to mess around with, I just feel a sense of control on the situation that I'm somewhat missing in real life.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
I've been mainly playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and finished and now trying to 100% God of War.

It was my second playthrough after playing it at release and I think I've liked it more than in 2018.

Probably my next one on PS4 it will be replaying The Last of Us in order to prepare things for the second part.

And, as we have more free time now, I've been meaning to get into fighting games, but not sure which one is the best for a beginner.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 on PC with mods(second time playing the game after release day on ps4).

It should last me until a few days before The Last of Us part 2 which is perfect

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Best games for lockdown are those which exercise your brain.

And so I recommend Baba Is You (Steam, Switch) and The Talos Principle (Steam, Switch, PS4, Xbox One), QUBE 2 (Steam, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) The Turning Test (Steam, Switch, PS4, Xbox One), The Witness (Steam, EGS, PS4, Xbox One) and The Sojourn (EGS, PS4, Xbox One).

Also Metroidvanias are also great in challenging your brain via their level design whilst also requiring platforming/combat skill and another way to keep your brain active during lockdown. But there's entire threads recommending the best of those already.

Last edited:

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
Divinity 2. Looks gorgeous, and so much depth it will keep me going for ages.

If only I could work out how to link the Switch to Steam (cant see any option), I could play it everywhere.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I've actually stopped playing games like Civ, Two Point Hospital, Cities Skyline, etc. and instead getting back into those hefty story-based games, since I've got more time now to pop the headphones on and just play for a few hours. Usually I'd only have an hour or so, so I'd pick up a game I can turn off at any time.

So I've bought Control (what a fucking game btw), Doom, and eagerly waiting for Resident Evil 3 next.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Prepare yourself for my incredible list of what I've played the last week;
- Crackdown 3
- Bleeding Edge
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Lmao

L176

Jan 10, 2019
Skyrim (pretty heavily modded)
Medieval 2 Total War (with Stainless Steel mod)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ring Fit Adventure and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The perfect combo.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I played the shit out of The Division 2 for the first week or two. Now I'm playing Rainbow Six: Siege and going to play Mount and Blade 2.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Surprised by the number of single player games recommendations (though I appreciate infrastructure is suffering particular areas).

Whilst I have been playing some low energy demand single player games as it's been a crazy month and after 12+ hours of work there's not much left of me to give, the thing I'm missing most is social contact so I'm going to recommend COD Warzone and a Discord channel for your friends.

It's free to play and cross-play (based on control device) so is just perfect for something casual we probably won't play forever but that for right now fills a perfect role.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
FFXIV
Modded Skyrim
Modded Morrowind
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Control: The Foundation DLC
The Division 2
Warframe
Death Stranding
Subnautica

I'm in it for the long haul

OP
OP
Ploppee

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
After finishing and getting the platinum in Death Stranding, I'm back grinding for the RDR2 platinum and loving every second of it. Guess that huge, immersive open world games are my lockdown comfort food. (Although technically we're not in a real lockdown in The Netherlands).
Also working on a game in Dreams, which is also super relaxing 😌

That sounds ideal. I've wondered about dreams. Does it run ok on a base PS4?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Been fine, there's a stream of new great games hitting. AC New Horizon, Doom Eternal, Half-Life Alyx, Mount & Blade 2 (Coming out in 10 minutes from now) FF7, Persona 5 Royal. Even started to dig into Yakuza 0, I never played any of the Yakuza games before and loving 0 so far and it convinced me to already buy Kiwami 1 and 2 on Steam because I can't wait for Game Pass to launch them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
TD2 right now, but I'm getting to the point where I'll likely put it down and wait for weekly content drops.

Destiny 2 I'm not fussed about this season, but I'm playing around in comp shooting for Legend in the background.

Eyeing up FF14... I have all the expacs, just need to psych myself up for the deep-learning curve...

Doom Eternal also.

RE3R incoming.

Still deciding if I want to wait to gamble on a PC release of FF7R or not.

Khaidu

Oct 28, 2017
I started up American Truck Simulator and it caught me by surprise a bit. Very relaxing and as complex as you wish it to be. If you only want to be on the road listening to the radio you can do that.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Yakuza Remastered Collection.

Three massive games, one good price and thousands of people to hit with traffic cones. Not much more you can ask for.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal, Rocket League, CoD: Warzone all on PC. Grinding the new competitive season in RL, and loving the new Rocket Pass car, the Ronin.

Playing through Moss on PSVR with PS4 Pro, and going to play Persona 5 Royal when that unlocks!

I honestly haven't touched my Switch lately. I have too many games 😵.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
It's Ring Fit Adventure and Animal Crossing for me. Ring Fit is keeping me in good shape and gives me something to look forward to in the day. With the new jogging mode, it's a godsend right now.