• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I understand the need to monetize for server costs, but can we turn down the super aggressive ad loading function on Edge?

As-is, page ads on Era cycle around every 30 seconds. While mildly annoying when reading (odd ad boxes can cause the page to shift), it can be frustrating while editing a new post or a reply, as the ad load can cause the edit box to lose focus. Suddenly keyboard inputs aren't being sent to the edit window, but rather to the browser itself.

For example, if you're pressing backspace to delete a typo, the browser will interpret that as a request to go back a page when the focus is on the browser.

Any chance of just setting ads to load once per page? If not, can the timeout be set at a minimum of 5-10 minutes before a new ad is forced to reload in the ad box?

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Suddenly keyboard inputs aren't being sent to the edit window, but rather to the browser itself.

For example, if you're pressing backspace to delete a typo, the browser will interpret that as a request to go back a page when the focus is on the browser.
That's an interesting problem; I don't believe I've observed this on Firefox and Chrome so it might be browser specific. Thanks for the report, we'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.