• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I love Popeyes fries. They are underrated. Arby's has great fries as well. I like Wendy's when they are done right, but usually they are warm and under salted.

McDonald's fries suck. Someone said they mutate after 5 minutes and that is the truth lol.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of potatoes. If I'm gonna get fries, I'm gonna wanna go for cajun fries. So, I usually go to Five Guys. KFC's new fries are good too. And Taco Bell's are good (when they have them). Also, McDonald's has got some of the worst fries. F- to anybody who says McDonald's.

Oct 28, 2017
checkers/rally's

1200x800.jpg
The GOAT

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
5 Guys in my experience.

Anyone who said McDonalds .. come on. Those things are an insult to fries.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I refuse to acknowledge the restaurant that I believe is #1. Instead I'll promote Five Guys' cajun fries to the top spot.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I agree it's McDonalds but you you have about a 25% chance of getting good fries. Otherwise they are bland/stale/cold.

You can do tricks like salt free, or getting well done fries at In-and-out which is a good alternative to dumping a pound of cheese and fat on them like you gluttons who order animal style.

The problem with using those tricks to get good fries is that it takes fucking forever and your are screwing over the workers, and other customers while they wait for your picky self.

You can be a decent human being or you can have good fast food fries, there is no in-between.

here is a trick that won't piss off the employees. Ask for fresh fries (or in other words to wait for the next batch). That way they don't have to clean everything off to make one batch of fries for some one and can rather just wait to finish making your order when the next batch comes out. Cause yes you do create a lot of extra work by saying no salt. And you will piss them off if they suspect you just wanted hot fries and didn't just say that instead.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
McDonald's have fallen off since they ditched beef tallow. Five Guys used to be my faves but the level of grease far exceeds everyone else. Arby's curly fries might be my favorite but I'm biased because I have them so rarely that they feel like a real treat.

Whataburger, Burger King and Wendy's are all varying shades of mediocre. Shake Shack's crinkle cut fries are solid but more expensive than damn near everyone else.

In Texas, we have Hat Creek and their sweet potato fries are cheap and delicious. You can get a five serving family order for like $6-7 and it lasts multiple meals.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Popeye's or Five Guys are probably my favorite. Any kind of battered fries or boardwalk-style fries, and I'm happy. Never been to a Checkers, but their fries look pretty good.

Oct 27, 2017
No idea about fries and I don't really eat out but I was up in LA last week and had Fatburger for the 1st time and it's been the best burger I've had from a fast food place ever. Fat fries kinda sucked though.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
McDonald's and it's not even a contest. Which is weird because otherwise the food is mediocre.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
5 guys and it ain't even close. Runners up Popeyes and checkers.

Worst: Burger King

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
I used to think Checkers/Rally's but now I actually think that Dairy Queen has the best fries and is criminally underrated as a fast food place.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
McDonald's fried in beef tallow back in the day.
people need to get into to fries in animal fat.

im so mad fries use oils now.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
McDonald's fries taste like cardboard if they get even slightly cooler. Potatoes were never meant to be mutilated this way.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Never liked Wingstops fires. They either soggy or burnt to a crisp. I usually pass on fries when we order and just get extra veggies.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
KFC Australia.
Godly when they're warm, with this incredible seasoning, but once they go cold just once, they become unsalvageable, inedible while cold and can't be reheated for some reason, they'll still be inedible after reheating.

KFC's in other countries have different fries. KFC UKs fries were shit.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Arby's

For a local fast food place give me Gold Star Chili's chili cheese fries. Crinkle cut fries are my favorite though.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
here is a trick that won't piss off the employees. Ask for fresh fries (or in other words to wait for the next batch). That way they don't have to clean everything off to make one batch of fries for some one and can rather just wait to finish making your order when the next batch comes out. Cause yes you do create a lot of extra work by saying no salt. And you will piss them off if they suspect you just wanted hot fries and didn't just say that instead.

I will definitely try this when the pandemic ends and I can go inside.

edit: are we counting curly fries here? I like what Carl's Jr does but the ones near me have this disgusting grease smell outside, I haven't been for years because of that.

Ox Code

Jul 21, 2018
For reasons you don't need to worry about, I have already devised a ranking of fries.

1) Checkers
2) Five Guys
3) Wendy's
4) ...Look I can keep going, but the most important thing about my list is that I will not accept In N Out being anywhere besides dead last.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
McDonalds but I've never really explored fast food in the US so I'm positive there's better stuff. Five Guys was good but over-rated.