• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenocthul

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My younger brother's suicide. It is probably one of the big things that pushed me to Psychology.

Apr 24, 2018
I'm terrified of public speaking, but I've had the honor of being Best Man at two weddings. One of them was a rather large affair, and I remember after my speech, I got mobbed by about 20 people that were the groom's/my friends growing up, all just high-fiving me/slapping me on the back/cheering me wildly on.

That was a very cool moment for me, as I had spent hours writing my speech and practicing it. It really was surreal and felt like something out of a movie for me.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Irrevocably fucking up a close friendship. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself, and I don't want to.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Experiencing love and heartbreak 2 major times.

The friendships I've maintained.

Almost failing out of college and going back. Not sure there are singular moments.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My uncle dying when I was a kid. No one spoke to me about it and I was left hanging to deal with it unhealthily for like two decades.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
My marriage and kids are the easy answers but taking a step back it was probably when I graduated from college. I was between moving to two different cities with an option of going back to my hometown as well. The option I chose obviously led to the career and family that I have now, if I had gone to the other city my life would have been completely different at this point.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I have to ask, would you ever want to get back in contact with her? Try it all again, or at least try to clear the air? I've always wondered if I should myself, because I would give the world to fix things, but I'm always worried that I'd make it worse.

I tried doing so. She wasn't interested a couple of years ago. We broke up about 5 years ago. We exchanged some messages some time ago, but very superficial stuff, mostly hey I'm alive hope you are doing well kind of stuff. Probably too late now, she has her own life and stuff to deal with, I'm likely not something that is relevant to her in any way anymore.

Understand your last part. I would have sacrificed so many things to fix the situation previously. The temptation is still here, even after all these years. Yet now, I am not so sure. Perhaps it is best that some things are left in the past.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
When I left the cult I was raised in and stopped believing the worlds end was imminent. I no longer lived as if there was no future in this world. I stopped settling for less and it ended up making me lose all the friends I ever had made and also got my mom to shun me due to leaving that belief system.

I moved cross country, became a US citizen, got married, got a steady government job, and I'm planning to go back to school in the next few years as well as start a family. And all of this happened in the last 2 years. It's my birthday tomorrow (32 years old) and by far not feeling too afraid to question my indoctrination changed the entire trajectory of my life for the better.

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
I was able to sit still and calmly realize the worst moment of my life while it was happening. I don't know if I would call it defining, but it was bizarre to be able to pinpoint it on the spot. I've tried to balance it in the time since by being as aware as possible in the moment when a life highlight was happening. Successfully did that a few times during a cross country "Only-what-fits-in-my-car" move this year. Some stunning calm looking out over beautiful landscapes across the US.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
falling in love getting married was the best... getting divorced despite still being in love was the worst

OP
OP
Magic-Man

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I tried doing so. She wasn't interested a couple of years ago. We broke up about 5 years ago. We exchanged some messages some time ago, but very superficial stuff, mostly hey I'm alive hope you are doing well kind of stuff. Probably too late now, she has her own life and stuff to deal with, I'm likely not something that is relevant to her in any way anymore.

Understand your last part. I would have sacrificed so many things to fix the situation previously. The temptation is still here, even after all these years. Yet now, I am not so sure. Perhaps it is best that some things are left in the past.

Respect. Thanks for the reply!

Inukage

Oct 25, 2017
Down Under
my life was pretty much the same until I turned 26, main factors that defined my life (last 2 years)
- Lost 170 pounds
- Came out as Gay to my Family and Friends
- Met my boyfriend, now Fiancé (my first relationship of any kind.)

These 3 event redefined the person who I am today and I couldn't be happier.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
My father passing away forced me to learn to take care of myself and be responsible.

Graduating college, getting my first job in my career, and moving out on my own proved to me that I was capable of being successful, could make something of myself, and finally gave me the experience of freedom and what it's like to be an independent adult.