• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'd just leave it alone.

I've found that most of the time, you'll never see the bug again anyway.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I don't blame you they are the quickest arthropod I've ever encountered I think. And the weird shit they have on the bottom of their abdomen always freaked me out. They have a look that says fuck nah.

What? Scorpion rain?! Please expand I'm curious.

I've told that story a bunch of times on the old site but:
Basically, I was at Lake Sumner and was showering off with a friend right as the sun was setting in one of those old bathrooms in state parks that have showers. When we went in, we turned on the light. I wasn't wearing shoes because I was an idiot 16 year old girl.

Anyhow, after I was done I was brushing my hair and stepped on what I thought was a goat head. Spoiler: it wasn't
Then I felt something hit my shoulder and it was another scorpion. Then more came falling down as my friend picked me up and we ran screaming from the bathroom. My brother came and killed the beasts.
What had happened was a mother scorpion had crawled up into the light. When we turned it on, it got too hot and her and the babies started bailing. Scorpion rain.

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All these posts and no one talking about OP saying "my thumb's fingernail" instead of thumbnail.

I've attributed thumbnail to computer icons for so long my brain refused to type that down.

Yes, as I grew up in the desert and these little fuckers run at a billion miles an hour.

I've literally had scorpions rain on me (plus I got stung) and I hate this creature more.

Something about it viscerally terrifies me

Lmao actually I'm in the desert right now. Rancho Mirage.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Basically, I was at Lake Sumner and was showering off with a friend right as the sun was setting in one of those old bathrooms in state parks that have showers. When we went in, we turned on the light. I wasn't wearing shoes because I was an idiot 16 year old girl.

Anyhow, after I was done I was brushing my hair and stepped on what I thought was a goat head. Spoiler: it wasn't
Then I felt something hit my shoulder and it was another scorpion. Then more came falling down as my friend picked me up and we ran screaming from the bathroom. My brother came and killed the beasts.
What had happened was a mother scorpion had crawled up into the light. When we turned it on, it got too hot and her and the babies started bailing. Scorpion rain.

Aaaand suddenly I'm itchy

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only way you can be saved OP

37fd8a923a41c146b0844e2a59ffc618abb7f501.gifv

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

lol that's wild. Good story, thanks.

Scorps are pretty cool arachnids. If you look at their face when they eat they have two really small claws that grab chunks of what their eating and bring it back to their mouth. And if you grab the danger part of their tail and let them lay on your finger they will give you a nice hug :)
And their carapace absorbs UV light so they become neon when you shine a UV light on them, which makes them easy to find in the dark.
17704b24050cf7e379d6f77d16606a05.jpg

glowing-scorpion-flickr-furryscaly.jpg

Most metal album of the 80s
Scorpion Rain by Slipknot. A ballad.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is the most viscerally disturbing story I've read in a long time

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hit the gym, OP. You wanna be ready for the coming battle.