• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dick?

• Yes

Votes: 333 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 145 14.3%
  • Should have minded your own buisness.

Votes: 535 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalRPG

Oct 27, 2017
I have no issue with her calling Anti vax people out, she is completely right on that front and that is not the problem here. Where she is in the wrong and what the OP pointed out to her is, that is she got careless and it is ultimately her fault for getting COVID. Not wearing a mask in highly populated areas is foolish and it doesn't matter if you are already vaccinated. She didn't own up to her own mistake and the OP's message clearly hit a nerve. She did not do everything right.

If she didn't want to be "put on the spot" as some people claim she was, then she should have not posted that post on FB, which is public social media platform and the OP was right to comment on it, and no amount of laughable "mind your own business posts" changes this.

So it's okay to victim blame people on social media if they post something publicly. If anti vax people would just get the vaccine then spread would be greatly reduced and there would be less risk. But instead of blaming them, you're gonna blame her for not locking herself in a room for eternity. That's insane

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, she got vaccinated (no booster)and most doctors will tell their patients who are on biologics to get vaccinated, but there are studies out there about the effectiveness of the vaccine with people who take biologics or other drugs that play with immune system ability. I'm on a biologic and had zero reaction myself to any of the 3 moderna shots I've had. It's hard to know if my body developed any sort of defense from the vaccine.

I had almost no reaction with my 1st shot, a small one with the 2nd and an awful one with the 3rd, 102.7 fever, chills, hot, no appetite, tired, felt awful for 3 days. My husband who has had 2 and can now get his 3rd had no reactions at all to his first 2, he went to work the next day and was fine, he has no medical issues except well controlled high blood pressure. It is so interesting how everyone responds differently.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No you don't. Hand washing has almost zero impact on Covid spread. It's a good habit but it's not why we're in this situation at all.

Yes of course doctor (our data currently says otherwise, UKE if you are interested, I will send you the information too as soon as I am allowed to). But yeah you are right of course :)

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The "dudes you just met" comment is sus even if you didn't say it, you thought it. Weird you didn't frame it as people you just met and went immediately to dudes, to me that seems like maybe you are getting attached or jealous a bit.

You aren't wrong about the masking though.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, she got vaccinated (no booster)and most doctors will tell their patients who are on biologics to get vaccinated, but there are studies out there about the effectiveness of the vaccine with people who take biologics or other drugs that play with immune system ability. I'm on a biologic and had zero reaction myself to any of the 3 moderna shots I've had. It's hard to know if my body developed any sort of defense from the vaccine.

Well I just changed my answer to yes.

Nevermind, changed it to MYOB.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll add that I totally get it from her perspective. We've been in the middle of this soul crushing pandemic for almost two years, if you're vaxxed up and want to just try to experience normal life again, go for it. To a lot of people out there that's acceptable risk.

The last thing she needs is someone giving her shit for going to a club while vaccinated and ending up with COVID.

Plus we have zero reason to believe she's not handling it reposnsibly and quarantining which it's what's actually important.

I'm sorry but the more I think about it, the more I imagine someone saying that to me and how I'd feel.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
You'd have a point if she was an antivaxx/masker

Should've minded your damn business

Also don't contact her on other social media if she's blocked you. That bridge is burned, move on

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
The "dudes you just met" comment is sus even if you didn't say it, you thought it. Weird you didn't frame it as people you just met and went immediately to dudes, to me that seems like maybe you are getting attached or jealous a bit.

You aren't wrong about the masking though.
Yeah, I cringed when I got to that part. That shit came off mad weird.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
You should roughly about exactly what I'd expect from someone I met on ERA.

10582752-3x2-940x627.png

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
this is the best place to ask this question, could probably use one or two more poll options though

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Nah, you did nothing wrong, OP.

People rightfully dunk on anti-vaxxers throughout social media, and the exact same treatment should be doled out towards people that flout basic safety measures (masks).

Keep up the good work, OP, and call out all the hypocrites and selfish peeps whenever possible.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
If her posts were really getting on your nerves, and you hardly knew her anymore, you should've just removed her from your friend list. Why keep someone that bugs you on your feed? IMO, you messed up, but its not the end of the world. The best thing to do is reflect on this, and move on.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Social media is enough of a cesspool of negativity, without someone coming on and judging you.
Are you in an area where masks are required?
She has at least one dose, which sure isn't great, but is she following local health guidelines?
More importantly, how did you meet her?

If you didn't like what you saw on their page, remove them. If at any point someone has to delete a post, that isn't actively harming others(Bigotry, racism, homophobia, etc)... Then you're being a dick.

If you come to vent and ask other people on the internet "Was I being a dick?" and add in a little extra ✨misogyny✨("tons of pics of you maskless in public around dudes you've just met.")... You were being a dick.

Ultimately, you should have minded your own business, and just removed this person from your Facebook. Instead you went in and were a dick on her post, and then aired the dirty laundry on a forum for hundreds to see and comment on.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's okay to victim blame people on social media if they post something publicly. If anti vax people would just get the vaccine then spread would be greatly reduced and there would be less risk. But instead of blaming them, you're gonna blame her for not locking herself in a room for eternity. That's insane
I never said anything about locking her self up for an eternity you are twisting my words. From what it sounds like, the OP just gave her a reality check and told her to take some responsibility. She should have taken the necessary percussions and wore a mask. That's all there is to it.

From my perspective the OP didn't do a single thing that was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.