• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stout or IPA's?

• Stout

Votes: 148 53.0%
  • IPA

Votes: 131 47.0%

• Total voters

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I really like stouts but I have to be in the mood with them since they're so heavy. IPA's are a lot more drinkable imo.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Depends. But usually IPAs.

4367.jpg

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Stouts and Porters are a winter beer for me. I have one IPA I like to drink in the summer (Founders All Day) that's a standard.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally everything. IPAs, wheat ales, cream ales, lagers, stouts, porters, sours, I DON'T CARE I LOVE THEM ALL

It is currently stout season tho

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I prefer wheat beers, Belgians, pilsners, sours.

I like my beer to be refreshing, and I cannot stand IPAs. They taste like chewing on pine needles.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Depends? There are a lot of good IPA's and a lot of good Stout's - my preference entirely depends on how good each individual brew is. I don't drink much anymore but when I do it'll be one of these bottles of heaven;
For Stout's
iu

iu

For IPA's
iu

iu

Really any beer from Kaiju! is excellent, espcially their Tropical Pale Ale and Red Ale.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
It legit depends.

Stouts:

Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout is pretty damn good.
Tiny from Weyerbacher is pretty damn amazing and does not taste like it's 11.8%.

IPAs:

Firestone Walker's now-retired Double Jack IPA might be the best IPA ever. By a far fucking margin. So fucking amazing and had nothing like it since.
Maine Beer Company's Lunch is so fucking good too.

Both are good, you just have to find the good ones.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
IPA's, I feel like that's what most breweries are focusing on and it definitely shows. Luckily I love them so I hope they keep it up.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Neither would be my preferred choice (hefeweizens and wheats are my go-to) but I would go with IPA over the two. Stouts are ok but I usually don't like to drink more than 1 or 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i love both

i usually enjoy a stout more, but i more often feel like going for an ipa if that makes sense. i tend to think an ipa goes better with a meal

i voted stout

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Of the two, I'll take a stout over an IPA, but neither are among my preferred styles of beer.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Where's the both option? Or the "weather dependent" option? Or the "mood dependent" option? Why are these presented as two opposing choices?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people overstate the seasonal nature of stouts. Stouts are super popular in Jamaica for goodness sake!

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy some stouts. But definitely IPAs. Those and sours are my favorite styles. I love bitter and sour foods and drinks in general. I dint have that sensitive of a palate so I lean toward bold flavors.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I had a smores stout a few months ago that made me see God himself... but I have to go with IPAs. There's more variety in how I can consume one. If I'm drinking a stout I prefer to drink it by itself with no accompaniment

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Stouts all day every day. I rarely drink beer these days because they are so terrible for you (the ones that I like), but when I do it's a good 9-16% dark stout that's going to be in the 350-500 calorie range - basically a nice treat. My evolution of beer tastes is quite interesting, because back in my mid 20s or so (I'm 36) IPAs are what got me into craft beer, but at some point my taste changed and I find them to be absolutely horrendous tasting; not sure how that happened 🤷‍♂️

Some brews from my favorite brewery:
avery-uncle-jacobs-stout.jpg

j1igqprpedpus6amhdra.jpg

8815587917854.png
large-avery%20tweak%202018.jpg