• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Due to the quarantine I have seen a lot of videogame related videos like Making of documentaries, speedrunners (and the cheaters), old video game relics etc.
But this one video I found has hooked me on the subject of gaming myths.
It is about the Shadow of the Colossus fandom's quest to find the hidden 17th colossus as well as other in-game secrets.

I'd love to get some more similar recommendations.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I wish I could binge watch GameTrailers Pop Fiction series for the first time again.

They started another similar series called Game Sleuth on Easy Allies but there's only been a handful of episodes

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't say much because They are listening but join our community of believers looking for the Truth about the Chiliad Mount, one of the biggest Los Santos secret! - it's the easter-egg megapack of GTAV.

And this one is fun too :

www.vice.com

One Player’s Nine-Year Journey to Open a Locked, Secret Door

It took someone nine years to unlock a long-hidden secret. But once they did, that player disappeared and took the answers with them.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Undertale/Deltarune spoilers
I thought W. D. Gaster was going to be this in Undertale but unfortunately Toby Fox seems to be milking it for all it's worth in Deltarune - it sort of loses the mystery when it gets acknowledged a lot, y'know?

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019

There was a secret level hidden in Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen that was so cryptic it wasn't discovered until 14 years later in 2010, when people took apart the code and only last month (over 24 years from the game's release), they figured out how to access the secret level legitimately within the game.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
My uncle that works at Nintendo told me you can unlock Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
The algorithm strikes again. I got that same video in my recommendations yesterday.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Undertale/Deltarune spoilers
I thought W. D. Gaster was going to be this in Undertale but unfortunately Toby Fox seems to be milking it for all it's worth in Deltarune - it sort of loses the mystery when it gets acknowledged a lot, y'know?
When did it get acknowledged in deltarune?

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Man, Shadow of the Colossus really is a masterpiece.
So many theories and discussion about it.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
People said a lot over the Jvk1166z.esp's Morrowind mod, but no one ever saw that mod, just some homage mods over it.

After Bethesda add the "Watch the Skies, traveler", I'm pretty sure that even then recognizes the stuff as just a creepypasta, but I'd like to know what had behind the door.

Oct 27, 2017
Luigi in Mario 64. The star in the courtyard of Peach's castle. Waluigi in Mario 64 DS. Murder Mystery in GTAV. The Mount Chiliad Mystery in GTAV. The mysterious onlooker in Dishonored. Big foot in San Andreas. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know there is some weird shit in RDR2 too but I haven't played it. Also just remember dancing monsters in Evil Within and another mysterious person staring at you through the window in the sunflower section.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're a lot harder now that people have more and more ways to datamine games both old and new, but here's some neat ones that come to mind:

Fez's black monolith which someone mentioned above (I wrote the article Ethan from Kotaku references in the article linked above (https://killscreen.com/previously/articles/immortal-mystery-fezs-black-monolith/) so this is a subject near and dear to my heart)

I recall people spending a lot of time trying to figure out if you could become a werewolf in Bloodborne. On that matter, even though Miyazaki kinda ruined it, in the original Dark Souls there was some sort of item or key that had no use, but of course people were convinced that it had to do something so they would have it equipped at all times and try every interaction with the world possible to see if it would trigger something.

There's that weird frog ribbiting sound in a particular hallway in The Last Guardian that people thought was going to end up leading to something.

The book at the bottom of the bottle level of Super Mario Sunshine is probably an all-time favorite game mystery for me. So tantalizing!

Inside has some REALLY fascinating stuff in its background textures and hidden in filenames and the like.

There's a button in Halo 1 that if I recall nobody was able to determine what exactly pressing it did.