• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game would you recommend to play first of the 2

• Demon Souls Remake PS5

Votes: 240 61.2%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 152 38.8%

• Total voters

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
What would be the better game to recommend for someone who has a ps5 and wants to try a Miyazaki game?

Demon Souls Remake or Sekiro?

I love all Miyazaki games and I can't decide. I will let my friend know based on what Era thinks so that I can absolve myself of any blame in case he hates it :P

So ERA - Demon Souls Remake or Sekiro? I trust ur collective judgment!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Demon´s Souls. it is the ultimate blueprint to the Souls series.

Sekiro is its own thing and very different from the other games(and more challenging than the rest).

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Sekiro is a much better game, but from my experience you can kill most of the bosses on Demon's Souls with a bow so I like it better.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm liking demons souls. It's very hard. I'm in the middle of demons souls, bloodborne, and dark souls 2. I'll eventually get sekiro and be in the middle of that too. Lol. Ima dumb dumb

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Demon's Souls if you want to get into Soulsborne, Sekiro if you're just looking for a Miyazaki game I guess? Sekiro is a very different game.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Start with Demon's Souls, it's the original game that laid down the framework.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is the one that started it all. If you want to see where it all began (warts and all), go with that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
do you like parrying

if you don't, get demon's souls

sekiro is 99% parrying and if you don't enjoy that style of play it's a fucking miserable experience

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is great but Sekiro is the better game. Depends on if you care about more rpg mechanics and better graphics or better action, level design, and bosses.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
If you want more of an RPG, Demon's Souls. Get Sekiro if you're interested in much more of an action game.

Though if you like parry-based combat it doesn't get better than Sekiro.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I mean Demon's Souls shows the power of the ps5 so I think its the game to play ---- but Sekiro is the far superior game.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro is a better game. But I'm not too sure Miyazaki had a huge role in it. I feel like he's been working on Elden Ring during most of its development.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
If money is a factor, get sekiro first because it's cheaper and wait until demon's souls becomes cheaper in 1-2 months. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with either.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
Sekiro. It's Miyazaki's best work, IMO, and one of the greatest games ever made. It's way more sophisticated and organic than the Soulsborne games.

But I guess if you find enjoyment in having to do your own character builds and whatnot, you'll probably like the RPG elements of DS (which I personally find tedious). Sekiro is a proper action/adventure game.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't work not even begin on Elden Ring until right after Sekiro came out? I thought I read that somewhere.
No. They started working on it after DS3 DLC. They usually work on 2 or more projects simultaneously at Fromsoft.

I feel like they just throw Miyazaki's name on all of their games so there won't be any weird "B team" backlash.
I find it hard to believe that as president of the company he personally directed Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Deracine, Sekiro, and Elden Ring.

Last edited:

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Demons souls, it's more friendly than others in the souls genre

sekiro is much harder IMO, bosses specifically

why not bloodborne? since your friend has a ps5, bloodborne is free. It's my favorite of them all

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played the remake but up until now Demon's was tied with Bloodborme for my favourite modern from game, but Sekiro dethroned it 🤔

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Demon's Souls.
OG Demon's Souls was already a top 3 contender in the series, the remake is even better.

Or ask yourself do you like roleplaying more, or fast paced action.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love both of those games to death but if you managed to find a ps5 and are not playing the GOAT what are you even doing. Donate the ps5 to one of us less fortunate if you're not going to play the best exclusive available on it

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
No. They started working on it after DS3 DLC. They usually work on 2 or more projects simultaneously at Fromsoft.

I feel like they just throw Miyazaki's name on all of their games so their won't be any weird "B team" backlash.
I find it hard to believe that as president of the company he personally directed Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Deracine, Sekiro, and Elden Ring.
This is what I was referencing but to be fair I have no idea how credible this person is.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro is the better game, but if he wants a game for his new shiny PS5 Demon's Souls is probably the better choice just to see what's the console capable to do.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Sekiro is a much better game than Demon's Souls and one of From's best games alongside Dark Souls 2.

Demon's Souls is the worst Soulsborne game imo. Everything about the game was improved upon in From's later games.

If your friend wants a PS5 showpiece than the answer is Demon's Souls. Demon's might also be a better place to start in this type of RPG compared to Sekiro as well.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I like Sekiro more but I'd say go with Demons Souls first. It's before Sekiro chronologically and although they're not super similar you can see the blueprint for Sekiro and the rest of the Dark Souls games in Demon's Souls. It's cool to see that formula evolve if you play Demon's Souls first.

Sekiro is a lot harder in my opinion, too. Although playing Demon's Souls first isn't necessarily going to help with that

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro is a really really great game. If you have a ps5 then it's hard to argue with demons since it's cutting edge right now

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
There's enough info on both out there to research it and pick the right decision for yourself

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Demon's Souls first and then if you like it, work your way through the Soulsborne series ending with Sekiro.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Demons for sure. You can easily get soured on Sekiro in the first 2 hours if you cant jive with what the game is putting out.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
do you like parrying

if you don't, get demon's souls

sekiro is 99% parrying and if you don't enjoy that style of play it's a fucking miserable experience

I don't like parrying in Dark Souls or Bloodborne--I actually hate it because of the tight timing and unusual animation.

In Sekiro the window to parry is larger and it feels more satisfying because it directly chips away at a bar. So much more satisfying to parry in Sekiro than Soulsborne games imo. I thought I'd hate Sekiro but ended up loving it a lot!!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Demon's Souls
Not cause it's a better game but because it is actually tailored to PS5 hardware so it keeps a consistent 60fps
Sekiro is running via backwards compatibility so currently the framerate hits 60fps but there are a lot of drops.
Hopefully they release a next gen patch at some point to hit 60fps at all times

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls. Sekiro is a very focus experience, so if you like it you'll love it, but it might be a miss. Demon's, meanwhile, has more options, more breadth, and gives you a wider taste of what Souls games can be. You can play it how you like: magic, parrying, dodgerolling, shielding, cheesing, whatevs: you do you. Sekiro, there are times when you have the option to stealth or cheese but there are times when parrying is mandatory.

Sekiro is a great twist on the Souls experience, while Demon's is the foundation of Souls. Don't put avocado on your first hamburger, keep it classic.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, give Bloodborne a shot before the other 2. It's the easiest Souls game (imo) and it'll teach you to play the others in the most fun way possible, i.e. aggressively and not just hiding behind a shield the whole time. Also its world and story are much more interesting than every other Souls game.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you intend to play both, start with DS; that way you won't miss the ability to jump around like a heavily armed grasshopper.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls is much more varied than Sekiro in terms of weapon versality and offers tools to beat enemies/bosses effectively in multiple ways, but Sekiro excels much more when it comes to player mobility and ability to interact with environment.