• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want Biden to win the 2020 Democratic Primary?

• Yes

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,899 89.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot to criticize with the systemic issues we have, especially the 2 party system. But, pragmatically and realistically speaking, the 2 party option is the choice we have to make. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012, as a matter of principle...Mr. What is A Leppo? I lived in a deeply red state and it was a zero consequence vote for me to think I was doing a good thing. Now I think I was wrong. I should've voted for the best candidate, Obama, on a matter of principle. It's to my shame that I didn't.

So if 2020 rolls around and it's Biden against Trump, I'm going to absolutely vote for Biden and scream from the rooftops that everyone else do the same. Trump is that bad. We need someone better. Biden is better, even if there's better than Biden.
Yeah well it's unfortunate that in reality the 2 party system is never going to go away. Might as well just cancel all other parties if they're just wasted investments every 4 years.

Oct 27, 2017
It's true that the only moral vote is one for the Democratic nominee, but people should know that if it's Biden what we're getting into. He polls well because of assocation.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
He would not be my first choice, but I don't strongly object to him either.

Both of the frontrunners are awful. Bernie and Biden need taken out to pasture.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden can't help but put his hands on women and girls, is wealthy powerful and has ties to Ukraine. You do the math, no Biden! VAWA would be great cover for him. If this were Persona 5 Biden's palace would be frightening.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
do i want it? hell no.

would i support him over trump? fuck yes. i'd campaign hard for him.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hell no. He represents everything that's been wrong with the Democratic Party and a continuation of the shift to the right and stagnation of progressive policies.

I feel like people like AOC, Tlaib and Omar should be the future of the party and are some of the future leaders the party has desperately needed. I'd like to see someone in there that will try to match their tenacity and help move the party back to the left. I do like Bernie but I feel like he's too damaged from the toxicity of 2016 plus I don't like his stance on guns. So right now I'm guessing I lean for Warren.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No but he's not part of the GOP so guess I'll vote for him...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck the Dem's "who else are you going to vote for?" platform.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is kinda "the safest" bet If you are aiming for broadest strike against Trump, as much as I think he sucks.
Older white dude appeals to certain moderate demographic.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's gonna happen whether we want it to or not. And Warren will be the new Bernie in this scenario.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Could you be anymore naive and I'll informed? Tell me the difference between Trump, Reagan, Bush, and what you think the next Republican Candidate is
Are you being serious? If you're going to name call, don't do it when you don't know the difference between Trump and past GOP presidents.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To put it simply, with the political and literal climate we face going forward, having republicans in office again really isn't an option anymore. Having wishy washy corporatist dems that simply stuard the current institutions that allow republicans to maintain ever growing influence and the ability to elect another fascistic strong man is an extension on future catastrophe on our democracy and the global climate threat.

We need dems that will disrupt or lay groundwork to change these entrenched systems and encourage mobilizations of the left in this country and solidarity abroad to fight effectively against all the challenges we face. The more we cater to more conservative modes of policy, the more we impede the necessary things that we need going forward.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are you being serious? If you're going to name call, don't do it when you don't know the difference between Trump and past GOP presidents.

Those weren't insults but ok... The difference is that GOP has pushed harder and harder to the right and is in bed with more foreign entities than ever. Trump may be a loud mouthed idiot and the next Republican candidate may be as "endearing" as dog painting Bush jr but the policy remains the same.

Power Out

Alt account
Banned
May 27, 2019
Why is this thread open but the other one about who people want to see as the candidate closed? Seems a bit arbitrary, it's not like the OP in this thread has a lot more to it.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is that not what the reply chain is all about? Not voting or voting 3rd party as opposed to Biden over Trump? I don't think anyone is suggesting anyone has to vote for Biden in the primary.

Oh I don't know I didn't read what the person I qouted had said only about taking a stand. I took that to mean voting for someone like Warren or Sanders in the Primaries. Of course you vote for whoever the Dem candidate is when it comes to the election. Lmao why would anyone be dumb enough to protest vote in the GE

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I don't necessarily want him to win, but I won't have a huge issue with it if he does. My 1 and 2 are Beto and Kamala, respectively. Biden would probably be 3rd on the list for me.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To put it simply, with the political and literal climate we face going forward, having republicans in office again really isn't an option anymore. Having wishy washy corporatist dems that simply stuard the current institutions that allow republicans to maintain ever growing influence and the ability to elect another fascistic strong man is an extension on future catastrophe on our democracy and the global climate threat.

We need dems that will disrupt or lay groundwork to change these entrenched systems and encourage mobilizations of the left in this country and solidarity abroad to fight effectively against all the challenges we face. The more we cater to more conservative modes of policy, the more we impede the necessary things that we need going forward.
This. We won't win by catering to the center or by offering incremental changes. We win by going left and making big policy changes.

Incrementalism is conservative

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
If I was Biden, I think I'd be running on a "unification" platform. That's one of his strong areas. Of all the candidates running, he's the only one I see having a chance of bridging the urban rural divide (which is probably why his numbers are good as well). Even Trump's insults against him are just stupid character ones. "He's sleepy" or "He's dumb". Not "He wants to take your guns!"

It won't work or anything. The right is too far gone I think. Unification seems impossible to me. But if I were him that's the campaign I'd run.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
If it's him v Trump I'll vote for him

But in the primaries? Absolutely not. Tulsi is probably the only person I'd put below him in terms of preference. Too many issues with him to even begin listing them

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no.

Warren is my first pick. If Bernie was 10 years younger, he'd probably be my pick, but I don't feel comfortable voting for someone that age. I'm cool with the top 6, aside from Biden though. Buttigieg would be good. Harris or Beto wouldn't be bad.

By the time of Indiana's primary though, I'll just vote for whichever one has the best chance of beating Biden. Whether that's Bernie or one of the other ones. If Biden has somehow imploded by then things would be more interesting.

If Biden manages to maintain and wins the nomination, I'll vote for him against Trump, but goddamn my enthusiasm will be rock bottom.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, old people not getting the memo about Biden being a bad choice for president:

That's a pretty wild split by age.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
The funniest part of the people bringing up Biden as a legitimate threat to Trump are the people citing his current polling. After the bait & switch that was the polling of Clinton's support pre-ballot & post-ballot, we're relying on polling once again to tell us that one candidate is better than the rest in the field.

New Rule for 2020: Stop trusting political polling going forward, because people that are being polled are lying bullshit artists.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's trans, I just wanna live a normal life and Biden is not going to be that much better than Trump in that regard (Please note I say not that much better, he's better for sure but only in the small term). Biden is ill equipped to deal with the issues of the 21st century, he's made it quite clear of that, and we can't continue the same dog and pony show since the 1980s. Biden being better with minority issues for me isn't going to mean jackshit when climate change starts effect our water and food supply in the coming decades, we only have a few years to stop the current trajectory of our emissions or we're beyond fucked.

I already said it once, and I'll say it again, you're going to get someone more further right, more competent, and more authoritarian than Trump once Biden's "middle of the way" approach to climate change doesn't do shit and we get a migration crisis due to the changing climate. When that happens, the Wall™ isn't going to seem like such a bad idea since American are reactionary as fuck.

....and Trump is? Your not being asked to vote for him in the Primary. I won't, worst candidate for president on the Demo side. But This country will get a hell of a lot worse if Trump stays in office. You can watch this country burn until 2024 or you can hope Biden might have some common sense and work with people like AoC to pass some sort of resemblance of EC to help the nation. Because, once Trump wins 2020 and doesn't have to worry about the trials for impeachment, who do you think will be the next target of attack?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Please remember from our FAQ:

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss your interest in political candidates beyond poll threads like these. At this point, this topic has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.