• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So I started watching Bon Appetit for the first time in January of this year and absolutely fell in love with the channel - not just for things they do in the test kitchen, but when they leave the building and hit the streets too. Things like Delaney's One of Everything, or Brad going on trips around the world for It's Alive Goin' Places, etc.

It's all fascinating and hugely entertaining stuff.

Thanks to watching a ton of BA, Youtube started recommending things like First We Feast's Burger Show, where the hosts hit the road to taste the best burgers in different states, as well as the more recent Taco show too.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend channels worth following that have shows following the same sort of idea - I guess a sort of food adventure channel? I don't really know how to describe it, but anything like the below with cool, interesting hosts, good food, etc, would be rad.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I would recommend Mark Wiens channel, he travels all around the world eating food and showing their culture. His videos are pretty long as well.

www.youtube.com

Mark Wiens

Food is the reason you should travel, and on my channel you'll watch videos about delicious street food and travel tips! Hey, I'm Mark Wiens! After graduatin...

This one is also good.

www.youtube.com

Strictly Dumpling

I LOVE FOOD!!!! So you have just entered my food universe where I will show you all the best places to eat and some awesome recipes!!!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

SAM THE COOKING GUY

I'm Sam, and this is my Youtube channel - welcome to my world of cooking! If you love food that’s big in taste, small in effort, and served with a healthy do...

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not into cooking shows so I can't say how quality the instructions are, but I was entertained when I came across this video yesterday:

NSFW (language & crude gestures)

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm a big fan of Internet Shaquille; his videos are instructional and to-the-point, so if you're looking for long-form entertainment maybe not a good suggestion, but I've made a few things from his videos and they've been tasty.

www.youtube.com

Internet Shaquille

I'll teach you how to cook, and I'll get straight to the point. https://www.patreon.com/shaq

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Joshua Weissman

www.youtube.com

Joshua Weissman

Hi, I'm Josh and I make entertaining, exciting, and inspirational videos about food and cooking. I'm obsessive about bread, and I like to eat things that hav...

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if this is a "show" but I like this youtuber who makes short straight to the point videos about food

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Munchies has a great series of episodes about street good icons. It's really really. nice.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
You need The Katering Show.

Already mentioned. Still worth checking out. Twice the recommendations mean it's twice as good.

Last edited:

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
You Suck at Cooking is brilliant.
They are like a much smarter, less troll-y version of howtobasic.

They have some really good ideas for meals and snacks as well.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I love Tabieats. I put them on as background noise but then tune in randomly once an a while like when they go try COFFEE RAMEN.

Also I didn't realize they're gay and married until I found an interview with them and they're shockingly open and transparent about their sexuality and the pain the came with it in the past living in Japan. I cried!

They're nothing extravagant, it's not super scripted, they're not trying to break the mold or anything. Just pleasant and informative about different types of food in japan. My mouth waters.

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
I like watching Kenji Lopez-Alt cook random shit in his home kitchen during lockdown:

Just look at how he folds that egg sandwich up. A true master.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How about CHEFPK? He tries to remake dishes in video games and anime.

www.youtube.com

CHEFPK

Bringing Anime and Video Game food to life! Just remember, keep playing with your food. For business Inquiries: [email protected] Cc: chefpk@afkcreator...

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Also Jun's Kitchen, featuring his adorable cats:

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019
Not another cooking show I like alot, seems his Italian recipes get respect for authenticity as well I've learned a lot watching this. Also as others mentioned, binging with babish, Joshua Weissman are all top tier

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
GrigioChef is also a fun show with a solid format. I don't speak Italian, but it doesn't really matter:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A few months ago when my wife and I were planning our itinerary for a return trip to Japan (RIP trip..for now)) we went down the rabbit hole of travel videos on YouTube and watched a lot of them. Found a lot of really good personalties, but this guy Strictly Dumpling in particular was very engaging. His videos have millions of views so he isn't a discovery by any means, but I'd watch his stuff again for sure:

This video was insane.. I dunno how this guy eats so much food!

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
How to fillet every fish. I've never fillet'd a fish and I don't plan to but this was fascinating to watch.

Also Epicurious has 4 levels and food FAQs. I'll try both playlists.

www.youtube.com

4 Levels

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.youtube.com

Epicurious FAQ

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also, this video about ramen was very heartwarming.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I've been enjoying Adam Ragusea. He typically turns his videos into a learning experience, and I appreciate that.

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
Really enjoy this one here.
Country girl in rural mountainous China, goes so hard in just how much she can do and make. Food looks amazing, and it really gives you a strong impression on a different way of life. Makes me wistful for a life I never even had lol.
Majority of the vids are food-based, but there are other maker videos as well.
Really strong production values, and it's coming out of China, so take for that what you will. Don't know the story there

youtu.be

一颗黄豆到一滴酱油传统手工酿造酱油Traditional handicraft.Turn a soybean seed into a drop of soy sauce丨Liziqi Channel

Please subscribe to 【李子柒 Liziqi 】Liziqi Channel on YouTube if you like my videos: https://goo.gl/nkjpSx 从一粒黄豆到一滴传统手工酱油。现如今,这个历经三千年的非物质文化遗产已经成为我们每个家庭餐桌上少不了的调味...

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Dancing Bacons goes around POV style to various food markets, vending machines, etc... it's a fun time waster

taro

Oct 25, 2017
A few months ago when my wife and I were planning our itinerary for a return trip to Japan (RIP trip..for now)) we went down the rabbit hole of travel videos on YouTube and watched a lot of them. Found a lot of really good personalties, but this guy Strictly Dumpling in particular was very engaging. His videos have millions of views so he isn't a discovery by any means, but I'd watch his stuff again for sure:

This video was insane.. I dunno how this guy eats so much food!

I mainly watch recipe shows for at-home cooks, but Strictly Dumpling is on my list when I want a change of pace.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best ever food review show
www.youtube.com

Best Ever Food Review Show

I travel to unique parts of the world on the hunt for the best food each country has to offer and share these stories with you in my videos. Hey, I’m Sonny! ...

He goes around the world, showing exotic foods and wonderful cultures.
The host is funny too.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Probably not an original pick, but I been really enjoying and successfully replicated recipes and videos from Chinese Cooking Demystified. They explain the process and techniques well, and seem like nice ol' folks. I'm not a health nut though, and I see people always complain that they use too much oil and whatever.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Saving this thread so hard.

What channels are good for learning to cook well? Looking moreso for techniques and methods with broader application than recipes (not hard to follow a recipe, but hard to make a good dish intuitively)

IndyGame

Apr 8, 2018
Great Depression Cooking is a personal favorite of mine, with some great first-hand account of living in the Depression.
www.youtube.com

Great Depression Cooking - The Poorman's Meal

Clara's Official Website: www.welcometoclaraskitchen.com91 year old cook and great grandmother, Clara, recounts her childhood during the Great Depression as ...

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
The Ramen Rater.

Semi-offtopic: I occasionally been watching his videos, and this week i stumbled upon his recent ones and it blew my mind because he dropped over 150 pounds. I liked this guy before but now i truly respect him.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Outdoor chef life. Super chill dude. Fisher and forager that actually knows how to cook, which is rare.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I got sucked into watch Glen & Friends Cooking. Surprised he doesn't have more subs.

www.youtube.com

Glen & Friends Cooking

Glen And Friends Cooking gives you easy to follow video instructions about food, cooking, recipes, beer, and cocktails. This cooking channel is all about Gle...