• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I've tried 4 times since I've owned the Uncharted Collection since 2016! I always stop when I get the first level after the girl steals the briefcase or whatever, please.. just tell me I can do it; tell me I can love Naughty Dog again truly.

I'm going to try for my fifth time Saturday to push through the wall.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You can do it. And the first one is not that long. If it helps, play on easy mode and enjoy the ride.

Part 2 is much better, just as 3, 4 and TLL. Or maybe play The Last of Us in between for the pace change.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
What makes you drop it?

It's a rather simple shootout with compelling characters and lush environments that lasts all of 8-10 hours. Either you are in for the fluff and fun or not. It's not complex.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Just play Lost Legacy and if you really enjoy it then 4. If you don't like 1 you aren't going to like 2-3 they're iterations with more polish.

If you don't like LL then move on, you don't have to enjoy every first party game.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Maybe I'm not the best indicator of quality since I love UC1more than most, but I really liked the continuous feel of the first game, for me the adventure felt bigger since it was basically all one interconnected area that loops back around. I think the game also has some stellar atmosphere. The story is weak sauce compared to rest of the series, but the main cast is at least still enjoyable and can offer some good banter like always.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Push through the wall" is a phrase I use when marathon training, not playing a video game. I'd take that as a sign and just skip the series completely.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Skip 1-4 and play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy!

More interesting cast, incredibly paced game, a real "best of" feel that combines the best of 4 games into 1!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried 4 times since I've owned the Uncharted Collection since 2016! I always stop when I get the first level after the girl steals the briefcase or whatever, please.. just tell me I can do it; tell me I can love Naughty Dog again truly.

I'm going to try for my fifth time Saturday to push through the wall.
Try playing 2 instead. You don't need to play 1, and you've already tried 4 times...

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Play 2 and watch a synopsis of 1on youtube before that.

Then you want to play 3, 4 and Last Legacy.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I would just do 4, if you love the characters go back and do 1-3 and LL. U4 is the most modern and best written.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
...don't play something you don't like playing. This isn't rocket science.

Just play 2 and if you also don't like that one abandon all hope because it won't get better than 2.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
If you need convincing to play a best in class adventure game it's probably not for you. Move on.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 and Lost Legacy are by far the best ones. 4 has a very good and well told story, but I really fell off it hard gameplay wise.

Jun 17, 2018
Just play Uncharted 2 and then 4. The second game is such a huge improvement over the first it's honestly night and day difference in quality.

4 is a beautiful game to look at and has a pretty good story with some amazing set pieces.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Watch a full play on 1 and 2.

Play 3-4.

Play or Watch LL if you want, up to you. LL has its cool moments, but overall its nothing special.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Uncharted 1 is worth it for the story IMO, I know the gameplay hasn't aged well but maybe you could quickly rush through it on easy? Won't take you longer than 8 hours. If you can't do that you should move on to Uncharted 2, if you don't like that either maybe the series just isn't for you.

So many hot takes in here yikes.

OP
OP
Lunchbox

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Alright maybe I will skip the first one, watch a synopsis & go to two but I really wanna give it one more go.

seems like the third entry is divisive too.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I only finish the first one from the collection for now, I don't think is THAT bad, it's a generic third person shooter (really similar to Spec Ops) with good looking environment (at least on the remaster collection), the final boss is bullshit and the story is bad, but it's a "short" game that you can rush easily. But hey, that just me, I played The Witcher 1 before playing 3, it's nice to see a evolution in franchises.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Uncharted 2 was my first game in the series, bought it with my PS3 slim back in Dec 09. Played #1 after and it ain't that good, although it probably was when it launched. #2 is an amazing ride, I've played through it 3x now and I can't say that about many story driven games in recent years. #3 is alright, 4 and it's expansion are great.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
You should play the Uncharted series, Op. Great adventure awaits! Just don't play the games on crushing diffculty if you want to keep your sanity

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Either put Uncharted 1 on easy and blitz through it or watch the cutscenes on youtube and move on to Uncharted 2. Uncharted 1 occupies the same space in videogames as Assassin's Creed 1; it's not overly good and the sequel takes everything that did work and makes it even better