• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Howdy era. Episode 4 of the Era of Nintendo podcast (Nintendo-focused podcast – as the name suggests – by Era members Lozjam , Phantom Thief , and Muzy ) went live about an hour ago. Thought I'd share it with everyone because it's great to see a high quality community-led effort like this. Haven't finished the episode yet (might be the longest one yet, I think? Which I love, by the way), but so far really enjoying this episode, particularly the discourse about the Wii and the deep dive the panelists took into it, not to mention I'm just really enjoying the free flowing conversational structure of the podcast.

Also give the guys a follow over on Twitter (@era_nintendo).

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for making the thread, Master Chuuster!
I really enjoyed this episode (it might be my favorite one yet) and I'm glad to see you did too! 😃

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
It's cool you guys do this. I didn't listen to the full thing (kind of jumped around) but is there background music throughout? It might be better to fade that out after the intro and focus on the discussion only. Just two cents.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm... This is the Assassins Creed 3 of video game podcasts.

I'll have to listen sometime. I did not care for the Wii all that much, so I'm interested to know if you all sing its praises or bash it into oblivion.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lul. I like how Days Gone is shaping up to be though.

It's cool you guys do this. I didn't listen to the full thing (kind of jumped around) but is there background music throughout? It might be better to fade that out after the intro and focus on the discussion only. Just two cents.
Thank you! We're actually still experimenting with this (we've changed the tempo and volume around in every episode). Hopefully we'll find a good balance soon enough!

Great podcast, thank you. As an S-rank I expect to make a cameo appearance one day.
We'd definitely like to have you on board sometime! The only requirement is you must hate the NES

Hmm... This is the Assassins Creed 3 of video game podcasts.
what did we ever do to you?

I'll have to listen sometime. I did not care for the Wii all that much, so I'm interested to know if you all sing its praises or bash it into oblivion.
We do both, actually

I did not expect any of you to sound like that.
I still can't get over how I sound

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Lul. I like how Days Gone is shaping up to be though.

Thank you! We're actually still experimenting with this (we've changed the tempo and volume around in every episode). Hopefully we'll find a good balance soon enough!

We'd definitely like to have you on board sometime! The only requirement is you must hate the NES

what did we ever do to you?

We do both, actually

I still can't get over how I sound

Don't get me started on the fucking NES

OP
OP
Master Chuuster

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Phantom Thief Muzy Lozjam Just a suggestion, how about a kill your babies segment some day? Basically starting off with a list of your favourite 25-30 (or whatever number you choose) Nintendo titles or titles on Nintendo systems, and then taking them out one by one until there's only one game standing. Would make for a great episode!

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Thief Muzy Lozjam Just a suggestion, how about a kill your babies segment some day? Basically starting off with a list of your favourite 25-30 (or whatever number you choose) Nintendo titles or titles on Nintendo systems, and then taking them out one by one until there's only one game standing. Would make for a great episode!
You know what, personally I would be down for that

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
That would be really fun!

Thank you for the thread by the way!

Oct 25, 2017
México
Great podcast.

Small suggestion: You guys should add special guests (other members of Era) and discuss relevant Nintendo discussions on this forum.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Great podcast.

Small suggestion: You guys should add special guests (other members of Era) and discuss relevant Nintendo discussions on this forum.

OZx9.gif

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Great podcast.

Episode 3 already included a special Era guest, and I think they plan to continue this. I agree that this is a great component, bc I'm most active in the Era community, and this will make the podcast more personal.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Dropping by to show my support for the podcast getting me through work and also shoutouts to the NES for being a piece of shit with maybe 2 fun games.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Great! I will give it a listen tomorrow.

Too bad I already know how Phantom Thief sounds like, which is something I wanted to avoid because forum posters have no voice in my head. I also know he hates FFX, which is unfortunate. Shame on you.

Awesome work doing this. Keep it up!

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to this episode. You guys are getting your groove - though what a downer ending. Glad you're doing much better.

I was thoroughly confused by the Animal Crossing New Leaf talk. I see it in my local Best Buy all the time and checking online I see it's still there and can be ordered online.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Finally got around to this episode. You guys are getting your groove - though what a downer ending. Glad you're doing much better.

I was thoroughly confused by the Animal Crossing New Leaf talk. I see it in my local Best Buy all the time and checking online I see it's still there and can be ordered online.
I have not been able to find it, at all at sticker price. Not in any retailers within a half hour drive, do they have a single copy of ACNL.