• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Since the other thread is full of negativity, let's use this thread to discuss positive memories and moments about Etika.

Please avoid posting about Era's moderation, this isn't the thread for it.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Driveby posting
Well, I'm sorry but I don't know his content.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved watching him playing the finale of Xenoblade 2. You could feel his investment in the story and characters.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
His reactions to this years e3 was pretty entertaining. I did enjoy the content he put out and I'm god damn heartbroken he's gone. It's gonna be hard to watch next years Direct without him.

He's got me through some tough times.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I remember watching the Netflix Death Note movie when he streamed it. Made it way more fun than just doing it alone.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
D98ChUxVAAAaSs4.jpg

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for making this thread OP.

Can a mod just delete this post from existence?

I really enjoy the reaction to Persona 5's battle system

Wow I'm gonna tear up. Seeing his passion over games I love was always a pleasure.

I mean I love Smash and Nintendo Directs, but everyone loves those games. The Persona battle system though? Wow.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This one stands out for me.

Someone posted that their mother had passed away and Etika goes on a long heartfelt speech about how important and special mothers can be, how much you should appreciate them and how sad he was that this person had lost their mother. He also spoke about how much it will hurt when he loses his mother someday unless something happens to him which of course hits really hard today. It's also a bit funny because the donation message was partly a joke but he was so determined to finish his speech he ignored chat telling him to read the message fully for a such a long time.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't subbed to him nor do I know most of his contents but...I knew him for a lot of reactions videos he did. So, whenever something awesome was announced I was like "I wonder if Etika reacted to this". His reactions to announcements knew how to hype you up, his energy was contagious.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
His Nintendo E3 Direct reaction was great to watch, even if he wasn't too big on the DQ Heroes.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

His reaction to this moment perfectly captured my feelings towards it, then multiplied it tenfold. What a great video

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since a lot of what I was going to post have been posted already.When Etika reacted to Snake, people memed it by putting videos of snakes. I thought those were pretty funny.

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Who cares if one more light goes out? We do.

Regardless of who you are, what you're going through matters. If you need help, reach out. Please. This world can't take any more heartbreak.

Get help.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a video of someone going crazy over Final Fantasy VII out there, I've probably watched it, so Cloud in Smash was my introduction to Etika. The poor cardboard box.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This shit always put a smile on my face, watching it live was a ride

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I am going to miss his streams. He always brought high energy and his hyberbolic reactions were always hilarious. And the Etika Loves Minecraft meme never got old

Last edited:

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I actually enjoyed a lot of his content when he was more tame and did more of his informative videos. It was refreshing to have a person of color provide video game news from a well informed standpoint.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ...

On topic, there are far too many funny moments, but i really enjoyed his FE Awakening play through. I honestly think it was one of the reasons why i decided to try out the game (and thank god i did, because FE is now one of my favorite game franchises).

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
My most cherished memory about Etika is him finishing Xenoblade 2 on livestream. The whole last chapter is a goddamn ride.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus these are the worst kind of posts. Imagine someone having a funeral and some random ass person showing up just to say "oof I never knew the guy." What purpose do you serve? Serious question.

Anyway, personally I was introduced to Etika like a lot of people back in 2014 via his infamous Mewtwo reaction, but it was so cringy that I didn't consider subbing. It wasn't until I went back to watching his FE plays that got me hooked, and are among my personal favorites of his videos.

I made it through some rough times in my undergrad just listening to Etika vids, and now being in grad school and reminiscing over those times just hits me like a damn truck. I don't know him personally, but his presence has had a place in my life for almost half a decade now. Rest in peace.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Well everyone remembers his Smash reactions, they were hilarious "Mewtwo! Mewtwo!"
The one reaction that really got to me though was when he saw Keemstar's interview with Tyler Barriss. He got so angry and emotional. I think the fact that the victim was a father really struck a cord.