• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm really just venting because I have no idea what to do at all right now. So my car has broken down twice now within two weeks first was an issue with the thermostat and the car was over heating. The issue was easy but because the car was old the bolts to change it broke so it became a much more difficult process to fix. Because of this and bills it used all of my small paycheck that I had due to me being out for 6 days because I had the flu.

Now the radiator in my car has blown and I have no money to fix it, no money to buy food and no way to get to work due to the bus fair being 3.50 a day and I don't even have enough in my bank account for two days.

I've been thinking of options for hours now but with no transportation none of them are viable. Right now I've either been freaking out or just in tears because everything just seems to be snowballing to a point I have no way to fix.

If you read this thanks for just listening, just needed to let it out right now so just a little of what I'm feeling can go away. Hell don't even what to post this because it almost feels pointless.

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have anyone you could borrow money from? It feels like a lot but you're experiencing a cash flow problem. We all do it at least once. One thing at a time. There are solutions to all of your problem. We just need to figure it out.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure some people here would be willing to lend you some cash via PayPal or whatever. I would but I'm empty till the 15th.

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have anyone you could borrow money from? It feels like a lot but you're experiencing a cash flow problem. We all do it at least once. One thing at a time. There are solutions to all of your problem. We just need to figure it out.

I'm checking that so much if I can borrow money from any family members to help with transportation so I can make it to work at the very least. It's something I'm very reluctant to do but I have no choice.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Life is not always easy but it always goes back up once you hit rock bottom. Trust me on this one. Only advise I can give you is to avoid loans and other quick cash lending type of places. It will only make things worse. You got PayPal?

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you in the US?

While not an immediate solution for you there are social services/benefits you probably qualify for.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
There might be a food pantry/food bank nearby. Now's the time to use it. Some churches *might* have something like that too

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
Life is not always easy but it always goes back up once you hit rock bottom. Trust me on this one. Only advise I can give you is to avoid loans and other quick cash lending type of places. It will only make things worse. You got PayPal?

Yes I have a paypal. I've used it once to give a friend of mine money.

Right now thanks everybody for at the very least talking to me. Puts me a lot at ease. Doing what I can to make figure out a day by day option so I can start making it to work and put this nightmare behind me.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Give your PayPal or some other money transfer account and we can donate. I'm ready to pitch in.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Do you have a credit card OP? I know its not great to get more debt, but it could hold you over for just a bit till the next paycheck, and make sure that you get to work till you can get your car fixed.

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a credit card OP? I know its not great to get more debt, but it could hold you over for just a bit till the next paycheck, and make sure that you get to work till you can get your car fixed.

Sadly don't have a credit card. Wish I did for these exact situations but being 21 I know nothing of really getting one or my eligibility. That's right now of my first issue I need to tackle is transport. Bus system sucks here and because of my schedule it is even worse. Have a way to get there but getting home is the main issue since I have to specifically call the bus place and had to call two days in advance to pick me up at a certain time because I get off after the bus routes end.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the bad luck club. (I'm filled with bad luck haha)

Seriously though, I wish you well and hope things look up for you mate.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sadly don't have a credit card. Wish I did for these exact situations but being 21 I know nothing of really getting one or my eligibility. That's right now of my first issue I need to tackle is transport. Bus system sucks here and because of my schedule it is even worse. Have a way to get there but getting home is the main issue since I have to specifically call the bus place and had to call two days in advance to pick me up at a certain time because I get off after the bus routes end.

You can get credit cards with little credit history, you'll just have extremely high interest rates on late payments.

Lots of banks have their own credit cards.

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the bad luck club. (I'm filled with bad luck haha)

Seriously though, I wish you well and hope things look up for you mate.

Thanks things are looking up due to the generosity of people in this thread and I'm being more optimistic and not a nervous wreck as I was.

Going to try to be a lot more prepared in the future and have an emergency fund for cases like this.

I will post updates on how things go in the next couple of days. Hoping it's all positive.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Apply for a 0% interest card. If your credit is decent that can really help out during a cash flow problem. But still, it'll be like 10/12 days before it's in your hand anyway. Sucks man.

Edit: also no matter way you make you gotta stash for reading days like this. But I know that's easy to say when I'm not in your position.

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking America. In most of the world you keep your pay for a short period of time if you're sick.

Everyone get's sick. We're fucking humans not capitalist production machines.

See it's funny you say that because that's exactly how my state views it since it's a right to work state. They would usually just take the paid time off that you had stored and use that for your sick days but it resets every year and mine just did so I have none. Just a lot of shit happened at the worst of times for me.

Mar 29, 2018
See it's funny you say that because that's exactly how my state views it since it's a right to work state. They would usually just take the paid time off that you had stored and use that for your sick days but it resets every year and mine just did so I have none. Just a lot of shit happened at the worst of times for me.
Oh really? That's interesting, good to know it's a state legislature thing at least

All the best to you, OP 🙏

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017

I only recently got a credit card in the last 3 years, (25 now). I am not sure if you have credit unions by you, but my bank is a credit union and I had really really low interest even without any previous credit history. Hopefully you can apply for one soon, that and people helping here, I would help too OP, but I could probably only give a tiny bit as I just bought a house so I myself and trying to get money together to get things fixed in the house like main appliances. Was your family or friends able to help either? I know it sucks asking, I have been there, but as long as you are willing to prove to them you can pay them back, there is no issue there. That and people that care about you want to see you succeed so they most likely will be happy to help, instead of watching you drown and saying no.

OP
OP
Unfriendly TimeTraveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm posting now to give an update. Today went better than expected I wasn't fired for my recent absences so that's some weight off my shoulders. Somebody is able to give me a ride for today and Friday and now have enough for bus fair.

Family help kinda fell through but I was never going to hold my breath for them since the ones that could have a history of letting me down. The rest they have their own shit going on.

But I can say with the help and support I can say I'm no longer one step away from a panic attack. Still taking everything one step at a time until I get paid which is a couple weeks away.

Again can't thank everybody enough and helps to an unbelievable degree.

Plus will once getting to a stable position will have like 5 different backup plans if shit ever goes like it just did.