• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Haven't had a hamburger in almost two months thanks to ketosis.

Eat it for me.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
Last burger I had was a Bacon Mcxtreme with Mayo. I think I could literally taste the future heart attack. It was a good burg.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These bad boys are sitting in the fridge absorbing kosher salt for another two hours (ten total) before a trim, then an hour at 200 degrees in the oven and then a very light coating of peanut oil and 45 seconds each side at 600 degrees on a cast iron pan.

CCaeq9Z.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
These bad boys are sitting in the fridge absorbing kosher salt for another two hours (ten total) before a trim, then an hour at 200 degrees in the oven and then a very light coating of peanut oil and 45 seconds each side at 600 degrees on a cast iron pan.

CCaeq9Z.jpg
Will you be singing Wimpy's Hamburger song while at it? Because you should.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

CCaeq9Z.jpg
Nice. I assume by trimming you mean some of the fat. You ever tried cutting that fat up and cooking it in the pan first to A. Get super crispy steak bacon and B. Get rendered fat to then sear the steak in?

Sep 12, 2018

CCaeq9Z.jpg

Isnt§all salt Kosher/Halal tho?

Or do they secretly add bacon bits to most salt?

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

CCaeq9Z.jpg

I see you too are a man of culture and poise. Strip loin steaks are my go to.

How thick are they? An hour seems long. Better be > 1.5 inches thick.

Oct 30, 2017
I love a rare to medium rare steak, but get my burgers well done, always. Preferably smashed. It's burger week in Portland. My gut is ready.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

CCaeq9Z.jpg

You should bring Those to room temp before shoving Those beauties into the oven.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Had one myself earlier as well. It's hard to find a good Halal burger place but I think I did ok. To most of you folk it may not seem like anything special but for someone who can only eat halal it was dayamn good 😋

gYQtolw.jpg

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should bring Those to room temp before shoving Those beauties into the oven.

Of course.! And the "hour " is approximate- I'm using an inserted thermometer and they will be removed when they hit temp. Probably won't be quite that long.

I'll trim off a little of the exterior strip fat but not a lot because I want a little to render off with the juices for my sauce and I like the extra maillard effect/taste.

I'm going to make a chipotle au poivre sauce from the pan drippings and fond while they rest. Haven't decided on sides yet but some simple roasted peppers and warm flour tortillas wouldn't be a crazy idea.

I'll snap a couple of shots later this evening.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That just made me think of the Wimpy Burgers here in Michigan that I've always kind of wanted to go to, not sure if it was related to the old fast food place that's still around outside the US or the other Wimpy's that I've seen when I searched some time ago.

Also.