• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hey guys,

im mainly looking to buy for my kids and possibly myself the odd time to mess around with if its worth my time.

My son is a huge harry potter fan so that is on the short list. And LEGO undercover looks like it may be decent as well.

from all the offerings on the ESHOP which ones should I not sleep on and buy right away?

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
I really liked Lego Jurassic Park. fun and lots of stuff to do. and Undercover City is a must!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Undercover is great even with some slowdown in the open world.

LEGO Harry Potter is great, two games in one technically to cover all 7 books (or 8 movies). Has a whole explorable Hogwarts, fun spells, etc.
Since it's a port of a 360/PS3 era game they look and run totally solid on Switch.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 I wanted to like, but it didn't look or run very well and I sold it eventually.

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020
Never understood the praise that Undercover got. Even for a Lego game, it's too simple. All puzzles boil to changing to a different suit and standing in the marked spot.

rdaneel72

Oct 27, 2017
Never understood the praise that Undercover got. Even for a Lego game, it's too simple. All puzzles boil to changing to a different suit and standing in the marked spot.

Not really looking for challenging puzzles in a Lego game.

Lego City Undercover is the best Lego game. Fun, open world and mildly funny script. Perfect for kids or immature adults.

Wife and I still say "compoopers" all the time.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Lego City Undercover is great. The best of the bunch. Jurassic World is really good, too.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Undercover, Movie 2, and Incredibles all had open world designs that worked best for my son and I in co-op. I am tempted by Jurassic World but we really don't like the traditional level format anymore.

Do note that the 3 I mentioned are pretty glitchy on the switch. Undercover hard locked a number of times on us.

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
+1 for Undercover!

Gutted they didn't finish making a second one (full one, not the 3ds one)

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Be warned, LEGO City Undercover runs really, really bad in portable mode, found that out the hard way.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
I really enjoyed Lego DC Villains. It revitalized the series and addressed fan complaints to that point. Flying controls were annoying, though.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm playing Marvel Superhero's 2 right now, and it's...alright. I got the "gold edition" or whatever, so there are just a shit ton of characters to unlock. Probably more than any Lego game I've ever palyed. Lego games are mostly just "podcast games" for me though, and it seems to fill that role nicely enough. I'm playing one 1X though, so I see someone above said it runs pretty poorly on Switch, so be warned I guess. I haven't had any performance issues on XBOX.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
The ones that you care about the branding, like Lego Jurassic World or Lego The Incredibles. All the games play the same basically.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I absolutely loved Harry Potters Years 1-4. It's less DESTROY EVERYTHING IN SIGHT and more puzzles with magic. Also, it's from before they dubbed these.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Lego City Undercover is great, it's like GTA for kids. Only thing I'd mention is that it's a single-player experience moreso than the other Lego games. The second player can help smash things, but it never really feels like you have to work together.