• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Before COVID, it was about once a month. Nowadays, I try to go as little as possible, so it's more like every 2 or 3 months.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Honestly, I go over a year without even a trim lol, even pre-COVID. Absolutely hate going to a salon/hairdresser because I hate when they try to make conversation, so I'm at the point where I just let it keep growing until it gets too annoying, then I have a family member just do a simple cut so that it's back to a little above my shoulders. I also don't care about any styling, so that's another reason I don't get it cut often.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Before Covid, about once every 3 months.

Now I just shave my own head and get the same results (I mean you can't screw it up). Never going back to the barber honestly.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm back to cutting my own hair again. It's not great looking but my area has a high COVID rate atm

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Before COVID I would go into my local place every 6-8 weeks. I wear my hair very short so this was at the point where I was getting annoyed by it.

Since COVID though, I bought a hair trimmer and do it myself every 3-4 weeks. Spent like $20 and made that back in saving from the normal place after just two cuts. Sure it might not be as perfectly blended as they did but I enjoy this process a lot more. I just do a #1 on the sides and back and a #4 on top, and do my best to blend between the two. Wish I started doing this years ago.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Every 4 months or so. Any more than that feels like a really inconvenient waste of time.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Never. I used to neaten it up myself every few weeks but in the last year I've been leaving it to grow. So other than tidying up the bits in front of my ears once a month-ish, my hair is being left to it's own devices.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Pre covid about every 3 weeks. Covid didn't go for 6 months or do. Post covid about every month but getting back to around every 3 weeks.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My hair was shoulder length, but now it's almost down to the small of my back. I REALLY need a haircut... but it looks good when I put it up and I work from home so it's not been a necessity... I really would like to get one soon, though.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-COVID, once every 2mos usually... Somewhere around every 8-12 weeks.

During COVID I didn't get a haircut from Jan 2020 until April ~26 2021, had some long fuckin hair and looked like a GRADE A - S.C.R.U.B.

Since that haircut I've had one other haircut.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Before Covid, every 2 weeks

Now in these trying times, once a month. Only sooner if I'm going somewhere. Longest I went without was maybe 3 or 4 months.

That said, my barber raised his prices from 25-40 due to less business. Quite the domino affect going on

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Before Covid every two months or so. Got my first (and only) real haircut over a year after Covid started.

Last week my wife gave me a sick mohawk.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Pre covid - Once a month with my beautician Sister. Since covid...I just shave my own head once a month.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Once a week, but trying to get that down to once every two weeks.

For those wondering, I work in a professional setting and keep a neat fade. Nonetheless, I have been tempted to try growing my hair out and seeing what that looks like.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
Typically 6 to 8 weeks. I alternate between trimming my beard every 2 weeks and whenever I feel like it.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to try not to go until the end of the year to see how long I can grow my hair. But otherwise I usually go once every 2 months.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
before covid, maybe like once every 2 months, after covid? however much covid has lasted for and still counting