• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus man just write hello going down your penis, and when you see her swing it round like a helicopter blade.

Not hard to do.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
just go by and say hi, see if you mesh and see if she wants to hang out after work.

Get that "out of my league" nonsense out of your head.

OP
OP
tellNoel

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Stop by the shop, but don't plan on staying long. Enough to say hi and let her know that you're open to hanging out soon. Give her your phone number and put the ball in her court to text you first. That way, you'll know if she's actually interested or if she was just humoring her mother.

If she texts, just keep it casual. Go out for dinner and/or drinks and see if something develops. If there's chemistry, you can keep hanging out. If not, meh, no worries. Most importantly, get out of your own head. You've never even met this girl, so there's no point in trying to assume what her thought process is. Either she'll like you after meeting you or she won't. The key is in accepting that and not trying to force it a certain way.

Just be cool, man.
I did not expect legit help on the first page, so thank you for this. I'll go and stop by next week after my midterms

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
It is, but he's not.
Their family members want to introduce them and the girl already said ok.

It's normal to want to vet potential dates in person before feeling comfortable giving contact details, and she agreed specifically to meeting in person at her workplace (most likely so she has an out.) Maybe she'd be okay with unsolicited texts, but overstepping boundaries just to find out isn't worth it. that's shit advice.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
You go to her job, ask if she has a moment to discuss staging an intervention for your terrible, meddling relatives. Then you tell her in all honesty you'd enjoy getting to know her better, and see how she responds. Two minutes out of her day, and you're all set up.

Oct 26, 2018
You're probably going to flame out with this one, based on the anxiety and indecision you are displaying here. But there is nothing for it, you need to get the practice in.

Pixel Grotto

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that she told you to stop by means that your chances are already okay and some of the hard work has been done for ya already. Do so and keep it casual, ask if she wants to grab a bite or something after she gets out of work.

After you have done that and if all goes well, ask mods to close this thread and do not ask Era for help in saying hi to a girl again lol

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tell your aunt to tell her friend to tell her daughter to make an Era account so she can respond and talk to you in this thread.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stop by the shop, but don't plan on staying long. Enough to say hi and let her know that you're open to hanging out soon. Give her your phone number and put the ball in her court to text you first. That way, you'll know if she's actually interested or if she was just humoring her mother.

If she texts, just keep it casual. Go out for dinner and/or drinks and see if something develops. If there's chemistry, you can keep hanging out. If not, meh, no worries. Most importantly, get out of your own head. You've never even met this girl, so there's no point in trying to assume what her thought process is. Either she'll like you after meeting you or she won't. The key is in accepting that and not trying to force it a certain way.

Just be cool, man.
That's the textbook, yes.
And considering you don't even know this girl, just go for the textbook. Deviations are for later.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Or should I just ask my aunt for her number and meet her up at my campus or somewhere else?
This. Get her number first, text a little bit so that you get better acquainted with each other and it isn't that weird when you first go out. Seriously, believe me, you won't want to blindly date her all of a sudden.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Look up the schedule of the workplace on Google: it'll show you when it's slow and busy. Go when it's slow (but keep in mind, less staff will be at work when it's slow, so make sure she'll be there). You could ask for her number first I guess, but it'll show a lot of confidence to just drop by.

I'd go, ask for her, tell her your aunt told her she wanted to meet you, mention the same uni thing, chit chat a minute, then ask her out, because she's at work after all.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
There's a new show on Netflix about blind dates, Dating Around. It'll give you some clues, dos and don'ts.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GAF thread where one guy asked if he should "take a girl back to his place and show her how far video games have come"

I think he wanted to show her Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros. 3, but I can't remember which
I've got the post quoted here:
I've been using OKCupid a bit lately, and I just got a date with a really cute girl lined up. We've sent several messages back and forth and chatted over the phone once. She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

So on Friday we´re going to a bar in the neighborhood. She said she wants to see the puppy I have in one of my profile pics (I got a puppy like two months ago), so we´re going to come back to my apartment after the bar.

While I have her there, it´s probably the perfect opportunity to show her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World. What would be a good game for this? Originally I thought The Last of Us, but she doesn´t like zombies (she told me she gets scared by The Walking Dead), so that one is probably out, even though it´s probably the highest achievement we´ve seen in the art. So what else might work?

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
just talk to her without overthinking it, if she responds well keep the conversation going otherwise forget her and move on

The_Joker1721

Oct 27, 2017
if I see someone at the deli that I think is cute I just order my bagel with extra Bronx in my voice "aye yo let me get a bagel with cream cheese on it. Don't forget to toasts my shit stop playing with me. Let me get a cougfee brown and sweet (look at woman here), how you doing, you from around here ma?" And boom, you in there.

Or just what's up like a normal person. Don't be extra like me.

Also OP just peeped the she's outta my league shit. Kill that thought bro. Just carry yourself with confidence and if she turns you down just take the L. Please god don't turn into some awkward/creep person. Stay up king 🧸

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pab2enybl01wlhippo1_r1_500.gif

Make sure to use a suitably appropriate cheesy power ballad.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Just say hello like a normal person

Or

Tell her your post count and that you have a 13+ inch penis like a era member would

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Go in and ask if she's there, tell her you can't stay long but you wanted to stop in and meet her. Get her number and text her something when you're there so she has yours, and then head out and tell her to text you when she's got some down time at work so you can set up a date. Don't wait like two weeks to do it though, do it today or tomorrow.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just say hello like a normal person

Or

Tell her your post count and that you have a 13+ inch penis like a era member would
i always find it amazing how the average penis size on Era is so high above the population norm

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Rent a suit, buy a bouquet of red roses, casually drop by and give it to her.
Will work as you can close the gap between your leagues effectively that way.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I did not expect legit help on the first page, so thank you for this. I'll go and stop by next week after my midterms
You're about to learn a life lesson, when two older ladies set people up like this they are only matching people that are single and that's the only thing you have in common with this girl.

You've got to find someone by yourself, not ride the back of your aunts old lady matchmaker aspirations.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Christ almighty. The hardwork has already been done for you.

lol this.
You may be a bit younger than some of us, OP, so I won't judge too hard. I've been in far "easier"/more obvious situations and was clueless. I will keep this simple.

She liked your photo enough to meet you. If you know anything about online dating/dating services, that's the most important hurdle to get over. Try not to think about the "league" or anything like that. Go at a time when the restaurant isn't super busy. Try to relax.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Tell her she smells like updog.

When she asks what's "updog" you say "nothing much. What's up with you?"

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
just go say hi. She's literally given you the approach - go to her work and say hi. Go in with zero expectations. If you aren't completely incompatible you might at least find a friend at University. Maybe more but one step at a time.