• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I dont know if I can make this thread here, if not then I'm sorry.

So, I'm thinking of getting a new TV (4K). Mine is a 1080p and is very old now. There's a lot of TV and I'm kinda lost as I dont know anything about TV tbh.
Price is around 1000-1500€. Someone suggested me the "Sony Bravia KD55XG9505" but I'm not sure if I can find any better one at this price. I hope you guys can help me!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good news, the LG C9 should be in that price range as the CX comes out this year. Because LG was so far ahead of the competition last year, the CX doesn't look too significantly improved this year - making it a great time to pick up a C9 with clearance deals that should be coming as the CX comes out.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
LG OLED C9 for sure. I have the C8 and absolutely love it and the C9 is updated with Freesync and (I believe) HDMI 2.1 so it's more future proof!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
LG Cx series for this year or a C9.

They're gonna have a 48 inch version this year that's gonna land around 1000 bucks.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
LG C9. But still do some research on OLED and what its benefits and drawbacks are.

OP
OP
SoulsHunt

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Just to be sure, this TV is only for gaming (PS4/PS5/PC/etc).

Looks like everyone goes for the LG C9. I found the 55'' at 1499€ !
I heard there is QLED TVs too, but I dont know which one is better.

LG Cx series for this year or a C9.

They're gonna have a 48 inch version this year that's gonna land around 1000 bucks.
The 55'' version is currently at 1499€, perfect lol.

Is it better than the LG C9 ?

www.resetera.com

TV Displays and Tech Thread |OT2| There Is No Perfect TV ™ (Read The OP) Tech - OT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Welcome to the second TV thread. Come in to talk about television displays, HDR/Dolby Vision, tips/tricks/settings and more. If you need help picking out a TV, whatever your needs, please ask! Thread will be updated regularly as new...
Oh thank you, I knew there was a thread for TVs but couldn't find it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

It also has hdmi 2.1 so all the VRR stuff in new consoles will work on it.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
You cant go wrong with an LG. I have a B6 right now but I am personally waiting on the Vizio 2020 lineup and also the TCL 8K tv before upgrading for the next gen.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Another vote for C9

The B9 (which I have) is also very similar. Think the only difference was a slightly lower max brightness?

Either way, they're great TVs, for gaming or otherwise.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Just echoing the rest, but the C9. I've never seen a jump in quality that big in a TV from my previous one.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I bought the c9 55 in after reviews. There's literally no point in a monitor now. Thing supports 120hz. I can currently only play TF2 maxed at 1440p with an average of 90-120 fps.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Check which one is not made by slaves.

Also hold on like I do, if you're not in a rush. This years tv's are such a upgrade you can easily find futureproof tv if you wait new products.

But seriously check if your tv made by second holocaust victims and slave labour.

www.resetera.com

[BBC] In China, Uighurs 'moved into factory forced labour' for foreign brands Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony

Me too, but I doubt most would. Which means the industry would tank, hard. Which also wouldn't be the end of the world, I guess, if it would help the situation. I have a backlog to last me several lifetimes, anyway.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
My sights are set on the 48" CX. Perfect size for our office. Just hope it's not too expensive and that availability isn't an issue... otherwise, I might just have to wait until BF or next year.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
On the flipside, Sony consistently puts out a sharper image and better color.

Yeah but I don't think the difference is that big and for gaming I think 2.1 and HGIG are a better compromise. Also if he's more interesting on IQ he should go for a Panasonic OLED (seeing he's from Europe).

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
My sights are set on the 48" CX. Perfect size for our office. Just hope it's not too expensive and that availability isn't an issue... otherwise, I might just have to wait until BF or next year.
€1.799 at release (in Germany) for the 48. €2.299 for the 55, for comparison.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
In bright rooms, does the LG OLED C9 suffer at all?

I vaguely recall a notion that OLEDs perform significantly better in dark rooms. i.e., they don't get bright enough for rooms where a fair amount of light is present.

Thanks!

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

I vaguely recall a notion that OLEDs perform significantly better in dark rooms. i.e., they don't get bright enough for rooms where a fair amount of light is present.

Thanks!

I don't know if that notion considered the early OLEDs peak brightness or if the reviewer was watching something in the middle of a pool bar in california at 11:30 am on a sunny day but I havent had any issues with regular day light or bright rooms with my OLEDs.

Just dont put the TVs aimed towards open windows...

(B7 and C8 OLEDs experience)

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017

Thanks!

How bright? I have windows on 2 sides of the room and have no issues.

If you're in a glass room with direct sunlight, then yeah you want something brighter.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Just so you're aware, the LG C9 OLED is last year's model, and the 2020 ones (CX/C10) should be available soon. I don't know if they will still be within your budget though.
And there are some differences between OLED and other display technologies that you should look into, to see if it meets your needs.

Oct 27, 2017
Question for you C9 owners: I was looking into purchasing the C9 (based on the good word of mouth here) but the only thing that has stopped me is that there are a decent number of reviews (on other sites like costco.com) that I've read where people have been hit with quality issues like the panel just outright failing. Have any of you been hit with any quality issues with the panels you have purchased?

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018

In my humble opinion it's very very hard to beat. But that's just based on my experience owing one last few years. I have had awide range of tvs though, LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Question for you C9 owners: I was looking into purchasing the C9 (based on the good word of mouth here) but the only thing that has stopped me is that there are a decent number of reviews (on other sites like costco.com) that I've read where people have been hit with quality issues like the panel just outright failing. Have any of you been hit with any quality issues with the panels you have purchased?

I have personally bought 2, friends have bought a total of 8 panels (B7, B8, C8, C9, etc.)

Zero quality issues. All bought here in Costa Rica.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
LG C9 if your viewing room can be made dark to really appreciate colors and contrast. Get a Samsung Q90R if your viewing room is bright and you still want the picture to pop. Oled works best in a darker room, Qled works best in a brighter room.