• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Seeing as celebrities are a prominent part of our modern society, I was wondering, do you think that you would be handle being a celebrity such as dealing with the media, heading to conventions and meeting fans for example. I myself am not so sure. At a convention, i'm not sure if I could handle meeting so many people in line while trying to make sure my interaction with each person is meaningful. As well, in general, I'm not a fan of random people coming up to talk to me, so I'm not sure how I would handle fans coming up to me or something like that at times. Worst, I could be in a bad mood one day and unintentionally take it out on a fan and cause them and others to think I'm a jerk

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
If money is involved? Yeah but if I'm like fucking Chewbacca mom or some shit that'd suck.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I already get annoyed and feel antisocial about having to say hi to everyone at work when I start the morning. Let alone thousands of random strangers.

Plus people get creepy about celebrities.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm used to people walking up to say Hi (happened a lot in college) and having a good number of random conversations with said people. If I could keep my friend circle around me, such as Kaelan, I'd be good mentally. I would also try to find ways to make them apart of my fame and make them a regular thing.

Such as: If I became a streamer or youtuber, and I grew a fanbase. I would make sure I'd keep them in that content or used to having my "fans" or "followers" seeing them so it isn't random or awkward.

But yeah, I'd be able to deal with people talking to me or coming up for a picture. It wouldn't bother me at all realistically. Sure, it'd get tiring, but I wouldn't be mad or ungrateful about it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having to be pleasant to people 24/7 for fear of ending up with hit pieces saying what an ass you are.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eh...I actually think I could handle the fame part, I have always done well in public facing roles both personally and for employment so I wouldn't be worried about that.

Now the money and being able to spend it on whatever gets offered to celebrities? That would kill me, book it here if it ever happens I manage to make a dent in that regard I give it six months before I am dead of a drug overdose.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell fucking no. I'm already small-time known in my hood and I don't like the attention most of the time. Worst is when I'm trying to leave my apartment and people try to chitchat in front of my building. Famous in this day in age means every knucklehead outside has a camera phone and will hound you.

"You let them other ninjas get the name, skip the fame. Ten thou or a hundred thou, you keep your shit the same."

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Oh absolutely not. I'm a nobody and my anxiety makes me think a room full of people are looking at me, judging me. Can you imagine what it would be like if they were ACTUALLY looking at me and judging me?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If the money is good enough then hell yeah. I'm an introvert but look at Daniel Day Lewis, if you really want privacy you can work towards it.

It'll never be like you're not a celeb, but it doesn't have to be cameras aimed at your home 24/7.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
My anxiety couldn't handle it. I passed up on a great opportunity not long ago because of it. Now my friend who offered me said opportunity is touring with an artist and doing really well. I couldn't do it.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I wouldn't mind the attention level a big name director, say like a Russo Brother, would draw, but the attention an A-list actor would draw would get old to me quick.

I like being able to sit at a bar anonymously.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I would burst into tears the moment the first 10 or so people started making fun of me online, like middle school all over again.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty down to earth and strive to be a good person, but I have low patience for people wasting my time and I'm introverted, so I'd be a mix of Kenau and Maynard Keenan.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I can barely handle random people asking me if I'm the idiot on Era with the Gritty avatar when I'm on Destiny 2 so no

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Handle it? Yeah

Hate it tho, I love not seeing people I know already doing regular things. Cant imagine walking anywhere and seeing everyone react + want photos

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I think so, I love meeting new people and don't usually have a problem with answering the same questions over and over.
The Papparazzi i'd probably have some fun with giving them the finger and whatnot.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Hell nah. I'd be breaking so many paparazzi cameras that I'd go broke.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I'd get used to it. My problem is not doing things because I overthink how I'll go about it. But once in in I'm in.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nobody can "Handle" being a celebrity.

Fame and money changes people too greatly. You become a different person when your persona is no longer personal, but public.

But those tested by sudden fame are often found wanting, and eventually wanting more fame at that.

I personally don't believe anyone can survive the transition from person to public without a solid foundation of support. And often times that support can too become changed in ways that prevent them from helping the transition.

All in all, I am not confident I would succeed in utilizing my newfound fame properly, because I cannot envision how it could happen, or how quickly I'd need to act to hold onto it while doing the right thing.

I applaud anyone who could, though. While I certainly have the conviction, I lack the confidence. I don't believe I could anticipate the change in me that would occurs, and that scares me to the point that I would most likely attempt to fade away, and not maintain that fame.

I hope that I would have the confidence when the time comes, but I can't say for sure that'll be the case.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't even like getting attention and well-wishes on my birthday, so no. I would crumble in a matter of days. Hours, if I found myself with a hatedom. :V

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
I don't know, i'd Need a good support network and family there to keep me grounded. My ego already has a hard time remaining constrained in size, but give me celeb statues? Ugh, it would be hard.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Probably not. I even get stressed when somebody replies to me on this forum.

I'm not used to much attention or praise. I had a coworker listen to a couple of my (instrumental) songs a few months ago and I felt like I wanted to dig a hole and hide.

dc3k

Feb 10, 2018
not america
I would have to make my Instagram and Twitter private.

I also do not enjoy strangers talking to me in the street, so that would suck.

Otherwise...maybe?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the vast majority of humans actually can handle celebrity, and for most, it just damages them over the years. People aren't meant to be under a spotlight like that, having to fight for privacy.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Absolutely not. I hate any sort of attention as it is. I would rather be a person who just does shit in the background. I would be super vindictive to tabloids and people who stalk/take photos of me too, to the point where I would ruin the person's life as hard as possible.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
You are going to have to prove that.

And for me, I think it depends on the level of celebrity. I think I could handle a celebrity level where I could still go out in public without much hassle. But if every outing resulted in swarms of people, then no. I would fail at that miserably.

Lmfao

To answer the question nah fuck no

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Nope. Couldn't do it. Not just because I can tend to be anti-social, but it'd probably make me depressed and anxious meeting all these people.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
My brother was complaining the other day about people in town and at the bank recognizing him for the restaurant he owns. He said it made his day way longer with everyone asking him stuff and saying how much they love the food. I told him he could never deal with being a celebrity.

I've always been very social and extroverted. I'm sure it would be hard, but I'd do better than my brother.