• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Race circuits are pretty tricky to make interesting and unique. You'll just end up with 1000's of samey looking courses with slightly different bends.

That's why mod nation racers never took off.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I've been wondering this for a while. I think it could be a great way to revive interest in the series for those who are starting to run out of fuel for it having been playing since the Wii U, whilst not getting in the way of MK8's seemingly unstoppable sales.

If not, then I definitely want Super Mario Kart 30 year anniversary edition (with added racers, online and 16-bit remakes of newer tracks).

But a Mario Kart Maker would be outstanding if it's at all possible to the necessary Nintendo standard. My guess palettes would be SNES, N64 and MK8 at the bare minimum. GameCube and Wii would be a nice bonus, and GBA, well, whatever :/

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe on PC with the right tools.

But part of the charm of mario kart is how great the stages look, I think a "maker" would need more generic designs to be able to create weird stages.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
It would be a good experiment, but I believe the tools they would give woudn't be enough to make tracks like the ones we have in 8/DX. Not even close, actually.

Maybe a battle mode editor. That would be cool. But even better... a "omega form" for each track in the game.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
CTRL+F Stunts
Nothing

Sad.

220px-Stunts-dos-cover.jpg
Thank you. Bunch of kids in here.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
There's been plenty of successful examples of this already. ModNation Racers, TrackMania, Excitebike, Trials (if you count that as racing).

Ffs Nintendo just make Mario Kart Maker already

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still convinced Mario Maker is one of the few things that would work wonderfully under that concept. While I guess you could let people design their own tracks in Mario Kart, I just don't see it being that big a draw for most people.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, circuit creator was common in such games. However, it doesn't mean that providing a customer-proof software to do it is easy, especially with Nintendo standards. But if they made it for Mario, it's maybe a matter of time, I dunno.

Zelda is more complicated because of the textual content, that would need moderation and filtering under an approval system... or a why not a system like the one existing in Dark Souls, with pre-written sentences and words.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MK maker might be the only way we can get SMK-style tracks again.